Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So I've got the 'Vid

Started by vainsharpdad, July 23, 2021, 07:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: greencalx on July 24, 2021, 05:55:15 PM
I've done the saliva test, BJ, and can't see any reason not to if you're going in regularly. It takes about 5 seconds - most time consuming part is wiping the tube and table down afterwards - and is way less unpleasant than swabbing. That said, they've had about 6 positive results in total so far, so one does wonder about the sensitivity.

On the basis of this post I've gone and got myself some lateral flow kits. Might as well do it properly. Cheers.

Glebe

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you and your daughter.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Any updates from vainsharpdad? No sign-in since July.

Glebe

Hope he's doing okay. Going for a covid test today actually, being feeling like I'm coming down with something these past few days.

Ferris

They boy had a 104f fever overnight which kept us up, he's had seizures at temperatures that high in the past which were fairly flippin terrifying. Spike in cases here as well in the last week since students came back to uni (I'm a grad student and have been to several in person events so err... uh oh).

Negative PCR tests for us both this morning and his temp seems to be stabilizing which is good. Never a dull moment!

Glebe

Ferris

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on September 16, 2021, 10:23:48 AM
Any updates from vainsharpdad? No sign-in since July.

Bit worried about this, he definitely wasn't well with it. Hoping all ok.

Glebe

Hopefully he'll stop in to give us an update.

Cloud

Doesn't seem good, he was quite an active poster.  Hope he's alright.

Uncle TechTip

I had it last week and it was pretty tough, several flu-like symptoms and I can attest to that one where your head hurts like a fucker each time you cough. Ears went all funny too. After about 3 days I started to feel better but on day 12 I still have blocked ears and I feel exhausted half way through the day. This is with a double jab too. For goodness sake get the jab.

Glebe

Hope you're doing okay Unc TT.

Uncle TechTip

Thanks Glebe. Here's to you as well, always with a lovely word for everyone. Hope you're doing ok.

kalowski

Fucking hell. The first time I do anything other than go to work. Spend a weekend with friends and we all come back with it. I feel fine apart from a cough but obviously I know I'm a few days from hospitalisation. Fuck, I am so angry. I should have stayed at home.

mothman

Jesus. Suddenly everyone is dropping like flies. Get well soon all.

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on October 08, 2021, 10:40:23 PM
Jesus. Suddenly everyone is dropping like flies. Get well soon all.

My mum has told her school to shove it but has 6 more days of work. I'm a bit worried but think she'll get away with it.

kalowski

Quote from: kalowski on October 08, 2021, 09:31:02 PM
Fucking hell. The first time I do anything other than go to work. Spend a weekend with friends and we all come back with it. I feel fine apart from a cough but obviously I know I'm a few days from hospitalisation. Fuck, I am so angry. I should have stayed at home.
I exaggerated. I'm just holed up in the bedroom whilst me understandably pissed off wife delivers food like I'm a prisoner, but I don't feel ill at all. I do have a weird blocked ear, though. Sounds like I'm underwater. This is not a symptom I've read about.

Cuellar

I went to a wedding reception last Saturday and have been feeling ill ever since. Got a tickly cough now, can still smell and taste everything though. I keep doing tests and they keep coming back negative but I'm convinced I've got it.

C_Larence

Quote from: Cuellar on October 11, 2021, 07:53:14 PM
I went to a wedding reception last Saturday and have been feeling ill ever since. Got a tickly cough now, can still smell and taste everything though. I keep doing tests and they keep coming back negative but I'm convinced I've got it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58624295.amp

Cuellar

Could be that I suppose, but I don't feel TERRIBLE, just a bit niggly cough phlegmy etc.

Blue Jam

Felt really rough about a week ago, took a couple of days off werk, did a few lateral flow tests and got nothing but negative results. Just assumed it was "Freshers' Flu". October innit? People mingling more after lockdown, vaxxed but still spreading things that aren't Covid.

greencalx

Exactly that. Just imagine what happens to your immune system if it has nothing to do for 18 months.

Zetetic

Lot of rhinovirus and RSV about again now.

mothman

I've been feeling crap in some undefinable way. LFTs coming up negative though. I think I'm just generally wiped out.

Blue Jam

Gotta say I do love the way that feeling a bit crap is now a socially acceptable excuse to take some time off werk, and isn't seen as illness = weakness. This always should have been the case and I'm loving this new reality.

Cloud

We still have to take it unpaid at our place or SSP.  The new reality needs to be affordable to stick

Taking a few risks, beer festival at end of month, convention at end of next (latter has me the most concerned - more spacious venue due to covid but I've never returned from one without the "con lurgy").  Just feel that life has to go on, but fingers firmly crossed...

Ferris

Blue Jam

vanilla.coffee

Still no sign of Mr Vainsharp.
Genuine thoughts and prayers.

Glebe