Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

Shame. Roger Philips - fungi man has shuffled off his hyphae.
https://www.hortweek.com/roger-phillips-dies-aged-88/ornamentals/article/1733667

Got his lovely book in the front room

Mr Banlon

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 28, 2021, 03:18:13 PMWordy Wrappedinwood

Initially thought that Tina Weymouth had suddenly died or something, but this is actually a very clever " Words And Pictures" reference for dear old Henry Woolf.

mothman

Video Game Fan 2000

Alvin Lucier, lying in a grave (hopefully) different to the one you're in now.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

There *must* be a band out there called Alvin Lucifer, Shirley?

Blue Jam

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Do you think Alvin Lucier's most famous work was also inspiration for the Teacher's voice on those Charlie Brown/ Peanuts cartoons?

dissolute ocelot

Mr Banlon

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

He's History, Man.

72 and Out

" I've Got You, Babe"- The Grim Reaper
No, hang on a minute...

Norton Canes

All afternoon I've been tempted to call Mrs Canes and go "Sher's dead!" but I fear divorce might ensue

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 03, 2021, 02:30:19 PMHe's History, Man.

After hearing his totally-authentic-sounding English northern accent in that series, I was gobsmacked to learn he was South African.

Forum favourite Dave Draper, "The Blond Bomber", dead at 79.

"When I got to America and finally met Dave, I learned his heart was as big as his pecs," Schwarzenegger said. :)

Attila

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on December 04, 2021, 08:45:55 AMForum favourite Dave Draper, "The Blond Bomber", dead at 79.

"When I got to America and finally met Dave, I learned his heart was as big as his pecs," Schwarzenegger said. :)

We're wending our way through the Monkees' tv show, and he makes an appearance there, as well (as 'Bulk' in 'I was a 99lb Weakling' from the first series).

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Attila on December 04, 2021, 09:11:37 AMWe're wending our way through the Monkees' tv show, and he makes an appearance there, as well (as 'Bulk' in 'I was a 99lb Weakling' from the first series).

And yet no tribute from Micky Dolenz: "Dave's talent was the size of his glutes."

Mr Banlon

Fast forward a few years a "mumbly Joe" does win the election.

Yes I've heard of the Tits building. But that wasn't its original name.

https://youtu.be/mjG5JVWgyWw

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Looks like the act of staying alive went tits up for him.

dissolute ocelot

One of his major areas of study was the Kneser-Tits problem (slightly NSFW).

Kneser-Tits, Kneser-Tits!
He's Ebekneser-Tits!

Jittlebags

The Bruhat-Tits tree

To be fair, that does look a bit like a tit.

Lungpuddle

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Lungpuddle on December 07, 2021, 10:46:57 PMOh fuck.

Reference to Peter Cook's statement, when George told him he was going to be ok as he was being taken away in an ambulance (prior to his death)?

That's Rock 'n' Roll, Man. RIP.

cptspalding

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on December 07, 2021, 10:41:01 PMRainbow George (not Zippy's mate):

https://www.camdennewjournal.co.uk/article/farewell-to-rainbow-george-weiss-dies-at-81

Used to hear him regularly calling speech based radio stations. Iain Lee would give him a lot of airtime with Rainbow usually trying to plug some new madcap project.