Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"B*lt my hat's arse!" - AMAZING things you've only just found out

Started by touchingcloth, July 01, 2021, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 18, 2022, 11:21:07 AMYou can cut down a SIM card to make it function in a smaller slot as the chip is quite small and I guess pin spacing must be the same. Unless many people on reddit are conspiring to have CaB laugh at me which would also be amazing.

I tried doing this with my eSIM but I don't know where to get escissors from :(

Ferris

Paul Calf

Eva Marie Saint, Oscar-winning actress who played Edie Doyle opposite Marlon Brando and Karl Maldon in 1954 crime drama On The Waterfront is still alive.

She is 97.

Paul Calf

Fuck me.

I knew the members of Guns 'n' Roses were snotty little cunts, but the existence of the song One In A Million has properly shocked me.

NSFW TW: Racism, homophobia and general cuntery NSFW

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 20, 2022, 06:27:58 AMFuck me.

I knew the members of Guns 'n' Roses were snotty little cunts, but the existence of the song One In A Million has properly shocked me.

The original sleeve of Appetite for Destruction marked them out as cunts right from the off. I remember rowing with my manager at HMV over why we would stock an album with a cover like that but not Penis Envy (or, indeed anything on the Crass Records label). Turns out it was official HMV policy in the 80s not to stock anything on Crass Records, Mortarhate (Conflict's label) and a couple of others whose names escape me. Oh yeah, Flux of Pink Indians' "The Fucking Cunts Treat Us Like Pricks" and Dead Kennedys "Frankenchrist" too.

olliebean

One that turned up in my twitter feed: both Martin Luther King and Anne Frank, if they were still alive, would be younger than the Queen.

Paul Calf

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 20, 2022, 07:52:41 AMThe original sleeve of Appetite for Destruction marked them out as cunts right from the off. I remember rowing with my manager at HMV over why we would stock an album with a cover like that but not Penis Envy (or, indeed anything on the Crass Records label). Turns out it was official HMV policy in the 80s not to stock anything on Crass Records, Mortarhate (Conflict's label) and a couple of others whose names escape me. Oh yeah, Flux of Pink Indians' "The Fucking Cunts Treat Us Like Pricks" and Dead Kennedys "Frankenchrist" too.

Butthole Surfers? :)

SpiderChrist

Paul Calf

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 20, 2022, 07:52:41 AMThe original sleeve of Appetite for Destruction marked them out as cunts right from the off.

Christ, I'd never seen that. Just unforgivable.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 20, 2022, 11:41:14 AMChrist, I'd never seen that. Just unforgivable.

If you'd gone into an HMV shop in 1987 you would probably have seen it "racked out" on prominent display.

QuoteWikiquote: The band stated the artwork is "a symbolic social statement, with the robot representing the industrial system that's raping and polluting our environment."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

touchingcloth

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: olliebean on January 20, 2022, 08:34:24 AMOne that turned up in my twitter feed: both Martin Luther King and Anne Frank, if they were still alive, would be younger than the Queen.
King always looked middle aged, but was only 39 when he was killed; he was only 26 when he led the Montgomery bus boycott in 1955. Something that surprises me is that Malcolm X was almost 4 years older than Martin Luther King.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 20, 2022, 06:27:58 AMFuck me.

There's also their "Guns N Roses Was Here" tour t-shirt, featuring...well, here's a link to the image, which is probably NSFW.

https://www.defunkd.com/forum/defunkd-vintage-t-shirt-collective-f26/stumped-this-guns-roses-was-here-shirt-t1908.html

George White

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 20, 2022, 03:37:07 PMKing always looked middle aged, but was only 39 when he was killed; he was only 26 when he led the Montgomery bus boycott in 1955. Something that surprises me is that Malcolm X was almost 4 years older than Martin Luther King.
And also Malcolm X  was big mates as a young man with John Sanford who later became Redd Foxx (Sanford and Son being named after his family). Foxx like Wilfrid Brambell was only fifty when he began playing the role of the dirty old man.

Famous Mortimer

I'm just reading "Blood Brothers", about the early 60s relationship between Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali. Dead good it is, if a little obsessed with putting the exact date of stuff in there, if you're interested in the era.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on January 09, 2022, 05:24:03 PMBut only some of them specify the depth to which they resist water. How does that make any sense?

WR on its own is just spashproof I think, I remember my F91 had a little table in the instructions.

I know people who've swam in a bog standard WR Casio to no ill effects and wikipedia mentions people doing it to. It wouldn't surprise me if the're all basically the same and the water resistance is decided by testing the quality control of different batches of parts.

Menu

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 20, 2022, 11:11:39 PMWR on its own is just spashproof I think, I remember my F91 had a little table in the instructions.

I know people who've swam in a bog standard WR Casio to no ill effects and wikipedia mentions people doing it to. It wouldn't surprise me if the're all basically the same and the water resistance is decided by testing the quality control of different batches of parts.

Yeah I think they take one watch face, hold it under water for 30 seconds and call it a day

touchingcloth

We can absolutely guarantee you this watch isn't dissolving any time soon.

studpuppet

Quote from: Ferris on January 21, 2022, 12:18:41 AMYeah I think they take one watch face, hold it under water for 30 seconds and call it a day

The inspiration for THIS?

Norton Canes

Try typing "t  e  h" without the spaces into the reply field and hit 'Preview'

touchingcloth

There are a few like that which Bazza doesn't like. Spelling "mate" with the number eight is another one.

JesusAndYourBush

LOL NO mate

Edit: Haha

Edit2: I remember about 10 years ago the misspelling of 'the' was replaced by "THE FUCKING THE".

Mr_Simnock

Reading about the snow white tale after Peter Dinklage's comments on the disney live redo and came across this.

QuoteThe mirror always tells the queen that she is the fairest. The queen is always pleased with that response because the magic mirror never lies. But when Snow White is seven years old, her fairness surpasses that of her stepmother. When the queen asks her mirror, it tells her that Snow White is the fairest.

Fucking PAEDO mirror

I think they just call it "Snow White" and recast the dwarves as normal peasant people who just happen to live in the countryside and work in the mountains.

beanheadmcginty

I'd be interested in seeing Snow White and the Seven Worfs where she hangs around with a bunch of Klingons.

olliebean

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 26, 2022, 05:33:24 PMI think they just call it "Snow White" and recast the dwarves as normal peasant people who just happen to live in the countryside and work in the mountains.

They're going to be "magical creatures" apparently, and the casting sheet calls for voice actors which suggests they're going to be CGI. But Disney is also "consulting with members of the dwarfism community," which suggests they're still going to be dwarfs? Or maybe they're consulting to make sure they don't read as dwarfs, which is a tall order (no pun intended) given that's how everybody already knows the story.

In any case, I'm sensing a car crash in the making.

seepage

I have it on good authority they're going to be skaven in this one.

dissolute ocelot

They've already tried badly photoshopping normal-sized actors' heads onto tiny bodies. (Snow White and the Huntsman)

pigamus

In the early 1970s, Roy Plomley interviewed a man named Alistair MacLean for Desert Island Discs. He thought it was the Scottish novelist, but it was actually a man from the Ontario Tourist Board. The programme was never broadcast.

The Frank Butcher

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on January 26, 2022, 05:38:05 PMI'd be interested in seeing Snow White and the Seven Worfs where she hangs around with a bunch of Klingons.

She's a Princess. Prince Charles has someone load up his toothbrush for him, why would she be walking around with klingons.