Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Holmes was earning £2.8 million a year from ITV in 2011 (Mirror)! Possibly less now that he's doing fewer shows. But surely GB News can't be paying him anything like that much? Was he about to get the sack from the This Morning sofa? He's no Philip Schofield, and I can't believe advertisers would be too keen on his elderly demographic, joint pain notwithstanding. Why God why?

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 06, 2022, 03:20:59 PMHolmes was earning £2.8 million a year from ITV in 2011 (Mirror)! Possibly less now that he's doing fewer shows. But surely GB News can't be paying him anything like that much? Was he about to get the sack from the This Morning sofa? He's no Philip Schofield, and I can't believe advertisers would be too keen on his elderly demographic, joint pain notwithstanding. Why God why?

His and Ruth's This Morning contracts weren't renewed last year and they were replaced with Alison Hammond and Dermot O'Leary.

Fambo Number Mive

GB News accused of prejudicing Colston trial:

QuoteGB News was accused of prejudicing the trial of the Colston Four after it published opinion pieces criticising the defendants midway through court proceedings.

The rightwing news channel was summoned to Bristol crown court halfway through the trial in relation to an article and video monologue by the presenter Mercy Muroki titled "I'm in favour of white people calling out racism ... but the Colston saga reeks of white guilt".

In the piece Muroki commented on the ongoing trial and suggested that Bristol council and local police officers might have colluded with a "bunch of anarchic protesters" to tear down the statue of the slave trader Edward Colston. She added: "I don't need a bunch of white hippies crippled by white guilt to throw a largely irrelevant statue in a river to prove they're not racist."

Although journalists can report on most court proceedings, there are tough legal restrictions on what the media can publish before the end of a trial in case it prejudices the jury.

At a hearing on 23 December – which can only now be reported – Judge Peter Blair QC considered whether GB News' decision to air the monologue constituted contempt of court. "The most pressing matter from my court's perspective is to ensure that the safety of my trial process is maintained and that I don't have the risk of jurors coming across this sort of material and the trial being prejudiced by them being influenced," he said.

The judge read out GB News' editorial guidelines in court and expressed dismay at Muroki's opinion piece, saying: "I am struggling to see how, as in GB News' charter, that this article is 'respectful' or 'sets an example by treating others in a way that they would wish to be treated'." However, the judge ultimately decided not to pursue a contempt of court charge...

Blue Jam

imitationleather

Reminds me of the Cruising with the Stars where she interviewed the Laurel and Hardy impersonators for forty-five minutes.

Fambo Number Mive

Why not mark the anniversary of Churchill's death, not his funeral? Did someone at GB News forget?

So glad Anne Diamond pointed out that the bloke was called Stan and wasn't really Winston Churchill, otherwise the 10 or so gammons watching might have thought Churchill had time travelled from the 1940s and run out and danced in the streets.

idunnosomename

Does Churchill sound like that when talking? I thought he was more like Boss Nass. I think he might make a better elderly Billy Bunter.

I say you fellows, how about you wheel me out against that nice man Mr Attlee?

mothman

After years of ITV daytime tv, I bet Anne Diamond had thought she'd already sunk as low as it was possible to get.

king_tubby

It was all downhill for her after Filthy, Rich and Catflap.

olliebean

It's a toss-up between this and snogging Gyles Brandreth live on air, I reckon.

Video Game Fan 2000

I watched all of that. I was surprised that Churchill's textures never loaded.

idunnosomename

I kinda like Churchill tribute guy tbh

Video Game Fan 2000

Invite a Winston Churchill impersonater on, ask him loaded political questions but he only praises Attlee in response.

Q: Mr Churchill, do you think Britain needs some bulldog spirit in 2022?
A: I remind you that my callous indifference to the needs of a post-war population meant I was rightly defeated immediately after the war

kalowski

Graham Moffatt has let himself go.

I can't be the only one who thought of this, right:

Would love to see Mark Proksch's take on Churchill.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on January 31, 2022, 10:04:27 AMI can't be the only one who thought of this, right:

Yesss was thinking this was the most on cinema thing to date

Captain Z

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on January 31, 2022, 10:04:27 AMI can't be the only one who thought of this, right:

Er... I died in 1965 *boing*

jobotic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on February 07, 2022, 04:12:49 PMThe new signing is ON FIRE
It's like an immutable law of nature that all television sooner or later turns into old people moaning about not being able to open bottles and/or jars. I know if I'd spent upwards of £100 million trying to establish a far-right propaganda network I'd be pouring mouthwash into my eyes or stomach right now.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on February 07, 2022, 04:12:49 PMThe new signing is ON FIRE

Death breath Holmes rides again.  Pure shit!  Looks like they let him out of the nursing home for a funeral or something and he ended up on telly.

TrenterPercenter

I would also like to know what has happened to this mans face

Blue Jam

PlanktonSideburns

Fambo Number Mive

"Will the laptop class meme us to war"

Such a weird topic, is it just meant to be more divide and rule nonsense. Also, is having a laptop a sign of being rich now? I know they are expensive but it makes it sound like there are a load of wealthy people sharing pro-war memes trying to provoke a war with Russia.

jobotic

But i thought it had been established that there isn't and never has been any connection between Russia and Brexit (which GB News is a product of) and that anyone who thought otherwise was hysterical?

dissolute ocelot

See who's the latest "biggest name in politics, sport, entertainment and more" to appear on GB News. Only the fucking Krankies! (The Fucking Krankies is their nightclub act.) Should you want to know what they said: the Scottish Daily Express reported they are anti Scottish independence and the tall one said
QuoteI think cancel culture is appalling. You should be able to say what you want. If you offend someone then everyone has the right to be offended and to offend. We never did anything like that. But we did, looking back, work on material that wouldn't be accepted today because of this woke business. It's sad to see how things have gone. We shouldn't have this cancel comedy.

Cold Meat Platter

TheGingerAlien