Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jurassic World: Dominion

Started by Thomas, February 26, 2020, 11:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Looking forward to the montage of the present day T-800Rex training to beat the T-1000Rex that killed it 65 million years ago.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 27, 2020, 10:19:12 PMAs far as Title : Subtitle names go, I'd say it's probably the least generic I've heard. Title: Evolution is far more hackneyed.
My favourite low-rent subtitle is "American Ninja 2: The Confrontation". I mean, if there wasn't a confrontation in your ninja movie, you'd be pretty fucking upset.

Replies From View

Would you feel conned and affronted?

Butchers Blind

mothman

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 23, 2021, 10:31:45 PMMy favourite low-rent subtitle is "American Ninja 2: The Confrontation". I mean, if there wasn't a confrontation in your ninja movie, you'd be pretty fucking upset.
American Ninja 3: The Independently-Mediated Conflict Resolution.

"This is a safe space. The only throwing stars allowed are your true feelings."

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 23, 2021, 10:31:45 PMMy favourite low-rent subtitle is "American Ninja 2: The Confrontation". I mean, if there wasn't a confrontation in your ninja movie, you'd be pretty fucking upset.
But proper ninjas can do their victims in without any confrontation.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: mothman on November 24, 2021, 07:00:46 PMAmerican Ninja 3: The Independently-Mediated Conflict Resolution.

"This is a safe space. The only throwing stars allowed are your true feelings."
American Ninja 3 has co-star Steve James wearing my favourite t-shirt ever, and former child evangelist turned actor Marjoe Gortner in an excellent villain role. But part 2 has the love interest lady give her man a huge beaming smile when he brutally kills the main baddie, which is the best scene in any of them. 

Sorry, this isn't even a little bit about Jurassic Park.

The Tyrannosaur at the drive-in was like a ninja. Fifty tons of monster and it appears and slips away like a sigh on the wind.

up_the_hampipe

The official trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife Jurassic World: Dominion is here!

Replies From View

I haven't seen the whole trailer; can anyone tell me whether there will be dinosaurs in this

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Replies From View on February 10, 2022, 05:02:08 PMI haven't seen the whole trailer; can anyone tell me whether there will be dinosaurs in this

Yes, Grant, Satler and Malcolm are back.

Replies From View

Magnum Valentino

Is there a dinosaur in this where the dinosaur is a ghost?

So the dinosaur can get you but you can't get him?

kalowski

Has this one got Godzuki in it?

Poobum

It's got a Therizinosaur in it so I'm sold. That easily manipulated.

Thomas

I've been thinking about these films recently, and the point of each one.

Jurassic Park is essentially a Romantic tale about the perils of interfering with nature, a modern Modern Prometheus. It is also, ultimately, Spielbergianly, not about dinosaurs at all - it's about a man embracing fatherhood. Every single interaction Alan Grant has with a dinosaur, nice or nasty, is a significant step in his spiritual journey. There is nothing arbitrary here.

The Lost World is about nothing. It could have been more explicitly about rockstar Ian Malcolm coping as an ostracised whistleblower, but we lose that thread early on.

Jurassic Park III is about nothing. It also reveals that Alan has broken up with Ellie and doesn't have children, making his poetic arc a bit depressing in hindsight. Nevertheless he does get to babysit an annoying survivalist kid in this one.

Jurassic World is a satire of itself?

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is about nothing. Filler to justify a trilogy.

I presume Jurassic World: Dominion will not buck this trend, but of course I will be going to the cinema to see it because I am a dumb boy who like dinos.

The prehistoric prologue is pretty, but - despite its science-pleasing feathers - it still tramples over really simple facts, with glaring (and totally unnecessary) anatomical mistakes and big timeline errors.

idunnosomename

There are raptors with feathers in this. Also... Italy

Butchers Blind

I thought Chris Pratt would've run his course by now.

Quote from: Replies From View on February 10, 2022, 05:02:08 PMI haven't seen the whole trailer; can anyone tell me whether there will be dinosaurs in this
You bet jurass.

Replies From View

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on February 10, 2022, 05:13:58 PMIs there a dinosaur in this where the dinosaur is a ghost?

So the dinosaur can get you but you can't get him?

That would be so awesome

Replies From View

Has this film got an egg at the very end and a brilliant "dun dun duuuunn" cliffhanger musical sting?

Replies From View

Thing is, where can they go after an entire world of it?  They should have had an interim Jurassic Land trilogy.

It's like they have spunked from Episodes 1-3 immediately to Episodes 7-9 and entirely left out the trilogy made between 1977 and 1983.

Bernice

I've never seen a film, why should I care?

Replies From View

Quote from: Bernice on February 11, 2022, 06:53:42 PMI've never seen a film, why should I care?

I agree but I've managed to get through entire films by watching a maximum of 10 minutes per day.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Bernice on February 11, 2022, 06:53:42 PMI've never seen a film, why should I care?

Hey don't try to one-up my failed Ushi Must Marry thread.

Glebe

Trailer is okay. Nice to see the original crew back.

Mind blowing fact: the first Jurassic Park film was released closer to the actual Jurassic period than it is to today.

Glebe

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 12, 2022, 05:18:37 PMMind blowing fact: the first Jurassic Park film was released closer to the actual Jurassic period than it is to today.

Cerys

This will inevitably be shit.

I MUST SEE IT!  MUST, MUST MUST!

dissolute ocelot

How many children does it eat? Less than 20 and you can fuck off.