Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wellington Paranormal is back!

Started by Famous Mortimer, March 18, 2022, 02:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Here is the old thread.

When looking for another NZ show, I happened upon the new series of this, which had completely flown under my radar. And everyone else's, judging by the lack of threads on here.

Anyway, I'm going to crack into it over the weekend, but is there anyone else watching it?

Alberon

I've watched the first three and it is still great.

Personal favourite from the first episode is Minogue
Spoiler alert
mansplaining mansplaining
[close]
to O'Leary.

Fuckin yessss! Didn't know there was a new series of this. Me and my partner have very different tastes in comedy, but we both absolutely adore this so thanks for the heads-up.

backdrifter

It's still as great as ever! Hope it keeps going.

Stumbled across this insane headline from last year: "Wellington Paranormal is the most-streamed show in the US"

olliebean

Quote from: backdrifter on March 22, 2022, 04:55:04 AMStumbled across this insane headline from last year: "Wellington Paranormal is the most-streamed show in the US"

Don't tell Gervais.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for the heads up about this, after a slightly patchy first series I really loved the second and third, so look forward to watching this later.

Small Man Big Horse

I thought the first episode started strongly but wasn't completely won over by the ending,
Spoiler alert
well, the bit where they're challenging her in the nest and Parker keeps accidentally shooting them with the tranquiliser gun, if only because it's a bit of an old gag, but the very last bit where she eats the bird expert was a fun scene.
[close]

I'm still looking forward to the rest though, and apparently this is being advertised as the final season over in NZ, which isn't something I'm devastated by but it's definitely a bit of a shame.

Famous Mortimer

I just watched the first episode, and there were lots of brilliant bits in it (my favourite - them blurring the bird's beak when it swore). Some of it didn't really work, mostly the physical stuff, but overall it's lovely to have it back.

Replies From View

Do you all have Apple TV?  Or are you paying per episode on Amazon Prime?

olliebean

Quote from: Replies From View on May 27, 2022, 07:17:13 AMDo you all have Apple TV?  Or are you paying per episode on Amazon Prime?

Option 3.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on May 27, 2022, 11:14:30 AMOption 3.

"You have a grey scrotum, and we don't mean the hairs!!"

What magazine is this??

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Replies From View on May 27, 2022, 07:17:13 AMDo you all have Apple TV?  Or are you paying per episode on Amazon Prime?

I got mine from those torrent sites that you get these days.

Have to say I've not been enjoying the fourth season quite as much as I did the third, and still have the final three episodes to watch, but I'm hoping that given they're supposed to be the last ever episodes it'll go out with a bang.

steveh

The final episode is great.

Think they had started to run out of scenarios by this series but there's still some lovely stuff in there.

evilcommiedictator

I thought this was a new series but it's the series that's been out down under for a bit lol.

The finale, Time Cop, doesn't quite hit all the notes but is a very silly and great episode. The Wicked Man is great through.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I'm halfway through the fourth series, and I agree with some comment I read on a different place (IIRC) a few months ago. Series three may be the best, because they were out of common horror tropes to parody, and they went with really weird and big concepts which worked great. So far, series four might be a little inferior, and I can understand why they preferred to stop before they would run out of ideas.
That said, I loved the episode with the jacket, as it offered the cast an opportunity to do something a little different with their characters.

Small Man Big Horse

I finished the final three episodes and definitely enjoyed them a lot more than the first half of the season, there was some inspired silliness
Spoiler alert
in the Satan episode, while the alternative timeline story was a delight, and evil Parker was a real highlight
[close]
. I'm not disappointed it's all over with now, but at least the majority of the show was pretty great and it's something I'd definitely recommend to others.

Replies From View

It feels like every potentially good new show requires a subscription to a whole different service at the moment.

Alberon

Yeah, some are going to fail, especially as in the cost of living crisis these services are among the first to be cut back.

I suppose if you're going to do it legally the best approach would be to subscribe to each service for just a couple of months each, hoover up the good stuff and then move on to the next streaming provider.