Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 29, 2022, 06:26:25 PMthose babyish verbal tics the british press have are just the superficial aspect of how they talk to us like the big adult talking to an idiot child

not enough swirlies.  Or maybe too many.  Definitely not the right amount.

holyzombiejesus

QuoteA Starmer ally said "the guy won the treble as United captain – he'll be a fantastic high-profile spokesperson for the party".

What a bunch of children.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 29, 2022, 11:11:59 PMWhat a bunch of children.
Wrong, too. Roy Keane was United's captain at the time (1999), not Gary Neville. Peter Schmeichel wore the armband in the Champion's League final due to Keane being suspended.

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 29, 2022, 11:53:10 PMIt was from some article stating that Gary Neville is going to do more appearances with Starmer.

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-gary-neville-to-ramp-up-labour-role-and-do-series-of-events-with-starmer/

Ah, I see, thanks. I quite like what I've seen of Neville. It's a shame he feels the need to endorse such a lame duck.

Kankurette

Neville Southall > Gary Neville.

Speaking of which, I hear Keith made some bland as fuck comment about trans women and TERFs are furious with him and running off to the Tories. Like...there's a ton of reasons to hate Starmer, him not saying 'you have to have a vagina to be a woman' is low down the list.
Quote from: Blumf on March 24, 2022, 07:01:17 PMSeen some ranting today that suggests a fair few people still think Labour is in the thrall of anti-white loony lefties, with Diane Abbott in full control.

So... Keir having a big impact on those Tory voters.
That woman lives rent free in so many heads.

Old Thrashbarg

idunnosomename

Wes Streeting is a cunt part a billion

Buelligan

He's such an horrendous fucking cunt, I'm surprised he didn't finish his remarks with simples.  Hateful person.

monkfromhavana

I tell you who's a great lad on Twitter. Karl "Brush Strokes" Howman. Hates the Tories and doesn't seem massive impressed by the current incarnation of the Labour party either.

Buelligan

Yeah.  Mind you, you could say that about Nigel Farage or anyone, really. 

'cept Putin.  He likes the tories and gets on fine with the current Labour lot too.  Always out of step, that one.

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like Duffield is booked in on Peston so if you thought Wes was going to be the low point, I'm afraid it's likely going to get uglier.

QuoteJoining
@Peston
 &
@AnushkaAsthana
 is Labour MP
@RosieDuffield1

We'll discuss ⬇️

💷 Rising cost of living
⛴ P&O ferries
🏳��🌈 Labour and trans rights

💻 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝟵𝗣𝗠
@itvpeston

📺 𝟭𝟬𝟰𝟱 𝗣𝗠
@itv

#Peston

https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1509177797444521996

idunnosomename

If ever i think the bbc are as babyish as it gets along comes peston on itv

shoulders

Even the thought of Peston uttering the words trans rights with his delivery is making my shit itch. Hide away, don't look at it, you will get your face melted like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 30, 2022, 05:45:33 PMIf ever i think the bbc are as babyish as it gets along comes peston on itv

Hard to see where his concious tory leanings end and the 'a bit like a robot that wakes up with its memory wiped each morning' tory enabling begins.

idunnosomename

he still does the Cameron-era "yoo knoo... yoo knoo" tic. while Laura K has the high energy "westminster politics geek!!" stuff, he genuinely seems to barely know what the fucks going on

idunnosomename

also on that rosie is lit so weirdly underneath her neck she looks like a lamia that's going to swallow peston whole.

might tune in for that
is there a vore emoji itv can use

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 30, 2022, 10:15:13 PMhe still does the Cameron-era "yoo knoo... yoo knoo" tic. while Laura K has the high energy "westminster politics geek!!" stuff, he genuinely seems to barely know what the fucks going on

I mean he did phone Downing St to ask how mirrors work.

shoulders

You know, grimly fixating on your one prejudice to the extent that the milquetoast fence sitter in chief cuts you loose just shows that you are in touch* with the common man and woman with their respective penis and balls and breasts and vaginas. Who here will speak up for the silent majority?!

*not physically, please leave the general area of the opposite toilet to you

Fambo Number Mive

That Peston logo is rubbish, it looks like bits are crossed out.

boki

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 31, 2022, 07:57:48 AMThat Peston logo is rubbish, it looks like bits are crossed out.
Cancel culture gone mad.

jobotic

Did anyone watch it? I was trying out different drill bits on my eyes so missed it.

Johnny Yesno

phantom_power

Him showing solidarity for Wallis at the same time as liking a load of transphobic tweets about "women can't have penises" says it all about him really. Along with everything else the shitty dipstick does

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 30, 2022, 12:23:27 AMAh, I see, thanks. I quite like what I've seen of Neville. It's a shame he feels the need to endorse such a lame duck.

Agreed.  At the same time though, I'm not liking this thing about professional footballers or professional comedians or anyone famous who is not a politician, being seen as some sort of amulet that this or that cunt polly can wave at the mob to send them in a desired direction.

We need politicians who speak plainly and stand by their word, not witch doctors or cult leaders.  Just honest people whose lives reflect the truth of what they say.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on March 31, 2022, 10:34:12 AMHim showing solidarity for Wallis at the same time as liking a load of transphobic tweets about "women can't have penises" says it all about him really. Along with everything else the shitty dipstick does

Hartley-Brewer did the same thing.

phantom_power

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 31, 2022, 11:06:21 AMHartley-Brewer did the same thing.

They seem to think there are two types of trans people. "Proper" ones that have had surgery and do their best to fit in and look like women, and predatory men who dress as women for sexual thrills and possibly to assault women. They don't seem to think the latter is a very small percentage, or that there are any other possibilities. The also don't seem to realise, or pretend not to, that for transphobes those two are the same thing.

A lot of it goes back to the posts earlier about having to live as a woman for a significant amount of time before being able to have surgery so being a woman with a penis is a necessary step all trans people go through, regardless of where their destination is. These "soft transphobes" who are OK with the concept of trans women but not of women with penises don't seem to realise this, or haven't thought it through, or just as likely don't care. Possibly they even know but that makes things a bit too complicated and can't be communicated in a soundbite