Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:42:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattyc

Imagine listening to Streeting or Reeves droning on for 3 hours. Not just dire politics but also dull, dull, dull.

shoulders

I remember Reeves at Brudenell Social Club spouting on stage that 'what we want is a Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn'. Would have been around 2018.

Even then, I thought she had some brass neck and was disappointed no-one shouted out 'Chicken coup'.

mattyc

If she'd been speaking for more than about 30 secs everyone was probably stultified into comatose silence, unable to react.

king_tubby

Quote from: shoulders on April 08, 2022, 12:26:21 PMI remember Reeves at Brudenell Social Club spouting on stage that 'what we want is a Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn'. Would have been around 2018.

Even then, I thought she had some brass neck and was disappointed no-one shouted out 'Chicken coup'.

Oh, did she turn up for that?

holyzombiejesus

Whilst all the other days of the last conference are still up on youtube, day 3 has now been removed. It was on day 3 that conference voted to back sanctions against Israel over 'crime of apartheid'. Funny that.

idunnosomename

Can imagine Wes doing some banter, but I can't believe Rachel Reeves can talk for more than few minutes. All she's interested is balancing government spending with taxation, which usually starts by cutting benefits

king_tubby

shoulders

Buelligan

To destroy the power of the Skeksis, first, we need to defeat Keith.

Keith the Amulet that draws all leftist hope in the Labour Party to be neutralised with hopeless Sisyphean spirals of carrot and stick.

Johnny Yesno

Despite her being a centrist, I've always thought Emily Thornberry is alright and that things could have been so different if she hadn't been sidelined in the leadership contest in favour of Kieth.

She was a Corbyn ally during the Chicken Coup and now this: https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1512344106097430531

Respect to her for standing her ground.

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteWatching
@jessphillips
 at her paperback launch.
'I'd love to be PM but being leader of the Labour Party looks like the shittest job in the world.'

https://mobile.twitter.com/nicolelampert/status/1512510681878339587

Comments full of elephant memory dolts saying 'she's bloody amazing!!!' as if she hadn't put herself up for leadership, dropped out and then squirreled away about 60 bags in recent memory.

king_tubby

Maybe she didn't want to get stabbed in the front, did you think of that?

Sebastian Cobb

There's no danger of that staying in her new extension.

shoulders

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 09, 2022, 06:45:46 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/nicolelampert/status/1512510681878339587

Comments full of elephant memory dolts saying 'she's bloody amazing!!!' as if she hadn't put herself up for leadership, dropped out and then squirreled away about 60 bags in recent memory.

Grifter whose entire career plan is based on backseat driving. The antithesis of a leader. No better than some washed up ex pro doing football punditry on the sidelines.

pigamus

Aaron Bastani blowing smoke up Boris Churchill's arse on Twitter, you love to see it

"Brits knocking this because they think wanting to be in the EU is an identity need to get a grip. It takes bottle to go to Ukraine and get out on the streets of Kiev. Fair play to the PM."

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1512909065810231302

Urrgh

KennyMonster

idunnosomename

Presumably thats just an answer to a question from some dickhead in the audience. Her run for leader in 2020 was so spectactularly inept, she doesnt have the most superficial chops for leadership. Pretending to sound like you're going to cry is the exact opposite of what you need to be doing

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Terrible thing, this recent spate of fires isn't it? Some people think it's arson, but I couldn't possibly say. My brother, an honest petrol salesman, is constantly under suspicion...

Leo2112

Ah yeah I wondered how long it would be before the media went back to being concerned about youth apathy now the chance for progressive change has been stamped out.

Pink Gregory

Remember when the BBC was running those adverts clearly targeted at young people that were all like 'isn't politics a bit...meh?' specifically a few weeks before the 2019 GE?

I think we all do.

Pretty decent recap of the last two years here:

https://jacobinmag.com/2022/04/keir-starmer-labour-party-uk-financial-support-antisemitism-trade-unions

Anyone who defends Starmer's Labour right now should be made to read that article, and then challenged to explain what the point of them is.  QI klaxons if they say: "They're better than the Tories", given that they mostly seem to stand for the same things.  Reform UK is probably also better than the Tories if you're happy to ignore a huge chunk of what they stand for, and focus on some narrow aspect like electoral reform or scrapping HS2.

Buelligan

Daniel Finn's a gbl too.

Quote from: from that articleReeves said that a drop in Labour membership, which has reduced the party's income, was a price worth paying for shedding unwelcome supporters and removing the "stain" of anti-Semitism from the party. "Membership in my constituency is falling and that's a good thing," she said. People had left "who should never have joined the Labour Party. They never shared our values," she added.

Fucking imbecile.  I mean, whatever she may think about them, who does she think votes Labour?

idunnosomename

tbf she's right, we never shared the labour party's values and should never have joined.

How long till she gives up trying to become chancellor so she can be big mumsy girlboss with the redbox, and just go work as a consultant for bet365 or BAE systems

Buelligan

Who is to say she's not even now holding down lucrative non-executive directorships in both camps?  I guess she could and yet she remains tight-lipped on the matter. 

No smoke, that's what they used to say about old Jimminy Crimble, ain't it?

Paul Calf

It'd be on her register of interests. It's a cunt-stuffed roster of privatisers and apartheid enthusiasts but no gambling links as yet

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24851/rachel_reeves/leeds_west

Buelligan

I was joking.  It just gave me pleasure because she's such a fucking cunt.

The fact that anyone takes it even as remotely possible proves her utter cuntishness, does it not?

Paul Calf

Oh, I'm sure she'll be off advising arms companies and gambling cartels how they can harm people with convincing sadface as soon as her majority disappears.