Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Metropolitan Police is a criminal gang part 32589476439

Started by Gurke and Hare, January 24, 2022, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Some worthwhile coverage about the case from Novara last night - timestamped - https://youtu.be/kwSjgSiOKj0?t=3002

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Metropolitan Police's approach to tackling corruption within its ranks is "fundamentally flawed", an inspection by the police watchdog has concluded...

The HMICFRS report said the Met's approach to tackling corruption was "not fit for purpose".

According to the findings:

In the past two years, the Met has recruited people with criminal connections and more than 100 people who have committed offences. Some of these recruitment decisions may have been justifiable, but the force failed to properly supervise these people to lessen the risks

More than 2,000 warrant cards issued to personnel who had since left the force were unaccounted for

The force does not know whether all those in sensitive posts - such as child protection, major crime investigation, and informant handling - have been cleared to the level of security vetting needed

Property and exhibits procedures were dire. Hundreds of items were not accounted for, including cash and drugs. In one instance, the security access code for a property store had been inscribed on the outside of the door

The Met still does not have the capability to proactively monitor its IT systems, despite repeated warnings from the inspectorate. IT monitoring is used by most forces to enhance their ability to identify corrupt personnel...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60832186

Endicott

The guardian story lists slightly differently, thought some of it was worth highlighting again. Seems it's not so much a case of being corrupted by the Met, they can just hire criminals straight off the bat.

QuoteThe inspectors found the Met:
  • Failed to properly supervise more than 100 recruits with criminal convictions or criminal connections, to lessen the risk they may pose. Those convictions include handling stolen goods, possession of drugs, assault and theft.
  • The Met does not know if staff in highly sensitive posts, such as child protection, major crime investigation, and informant handling, are vetted to the right level.
  • More than 2,000 warrant cards issued to former officers who are now not entitled to hold them are unaccounted for.
  • Monitoring of IT systems, which helps identify potentially corrupt staff, remains weaker than it should be.
  • Hundreds of items such as drugs, cash and exhibits are missing, with the arrangements and policies for keeping them safe branded as "dire". The security code for a store was written on its door at one police station.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/22/daniel-morgan-damning-report-condemns-met-police

Cold Meat Platter

Heard part of a documentary on radio 4 tonight about woman police officers being systematically bullied, abused and assaulted by their co-workers (men obv.). Anyone who dares try and speak up has their career trashed and sometimes trumped-up charges are brought against anyone rocking the boat, including the harassment of friends and neighbours to try and get dirt.

Fambo Number Mive

Man stopped and searched for wearing a coat when it was hot:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60882083 

Sometimes I've gone for a long walk and it's been cold in the early morning but hot later on, so I ended up wearing a coat while it was hot. Sometimes I'd be wearing the coat over a tshirt. Never occured to me this would be regarded as suspicious.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 26, 2022, 04:15:24 PMMan stopped and searched for wearing a coat when it was hot:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60882083 

Sometimes I've gone for a long walk and it's been cold in the early morning but hot later on, so I ended up wearing a coat while it was hot. Sometimes I'd be wearing the coat over a tshirt. Never occured to me this would be regarded as suspicious.

QuoteDet Ch Supt Lee Hill said the force was aware of the footage, adding: "This shows only a small part of this incident and we would ask people not to rush to judgement.

Thick or taking the piss?

Fambo Number Mive

According to the Guardian the man who was stopped and searched described the officers as "giggling like kids".

The man was black, one wonders if this would have happened to a white man.

Blumf

Met Police's decision to use Not the Nine O'clock News sketches as training material considered "regrettable"

Butchers Blind

Harvey Milk

I'm not sure the point of putting Couzens in HMP Frankland. The other prisoners just seem to be making friends with him. Fucking Levi Bellfield is apparently his 'minder' because he "feels sorry for him", for fuck's sake.

Buelligan

I don't really care about him as an individual.  He's not the important thing here.  Nothing that can be done to him will repair the evil he's wrought.  I really care a lot about making sure the organisation that enabled him gets stopped from ever putting anyone else through that though.

That's not to say I don't hope he dies alone and despised.  I think that's pretty likely.

mjwilson

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/11/high-court-denies-met-permission-to-challenge-ruling-on-sarah-everard-vigil

QuoteAfter considering a paper application by the Met to challenge the ruling at the court of appeal, the judges refused permission. They said in a court order: "There were factual issues in this case which we resolved by reference to established principles.

"It is not arguable that we erred in principle and see no other reason to believe that the court of appeal would be prepared to adopt a different factual analysis."

The judges also said some of the Met's proposed grounds of appeal were "hopeless attempts to challenge reasoned factual conclusions", while others involved "a misreading of one passage of the judgment, ignoring the overall context".

plod too thick to read

Fambo Number Mive

One from America: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61072741

The who riot squad resigned in 2020 when the two officers were suspended.

QuoteAccording to Mr Selchick's 41-page ruling, released on Friday, the officers had no choice but to remove Mr Gugino because he refused to leave the area after the 20:00 local curfew and did not comply with demands to move.

There is no persuasive evidence that the officers "sought to push or drive Gugino to the ground", he wrote, adding that the use of force was "absolutely legitimate".

"While Gugino might well have believed that he was engaged in some type of civil disobedience or, perhaps, acting out a role in some type of political theater, Gugino was definitely not an innocent bystander," he wrote.

So that justifies two officers pushing him so he fell?

Buelligan

That was a watershed moment for many, IMO, people seeing that passive, frail, man being so badly injured, unprovoked, was horrific but what stayed was the reaction afterwards. 

Those guardians of the people, those heroes, strolling past his prone and bleeding body without so much as a shrug.

It showed people who the Police are. 

It doesn't matter much what sticking plaster the authorities try to cover it with, people saw.

Fambo Number Mive

Job ad for new Met commissioner is up - salary is £292,938.

I get it's a busy, complicated role but that's a lot of money.

Flouncer

Good to see that even 40 years after the Brixton riots, the brave boys of the Met are still keeping the streets safe by pulling over black guys who are driving a nice car and searching them for drugs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61236308

QuoteFive Metropolitan Police officers will face a gross-misconduct hearing over the stop-and-search of Team GB athlete Bianca Williams, following an investigation by the police watchdog.

The British sprinter, 28, and her partner, were stopped in their car, in west London, in July 2020.

The couple were handcuffed, searched for weapons and drugs and separated from their three-month-old son.

shoulders

Yeah that was the one where they filmed it happening, wasn't it? If I remember rightly.

We are learning to film these cunts, get their behaviour on record.

Ferris

QuoteIf a police officer is found guilty of gross misconduct, disciplinary action can include being sacked, demoted or receiving a written warning.

Imagine any other job where you can be found guilty of gross misconduct by your own organization and the punishment is sending you a letter.

Flouncer

And you'd be ill-advised to hold your breath even for that. What a set of bastards.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on May 24, 2022, 10:12:22 AMhttps://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/24/girl-tried-to-kill-herself-after-strip-search-by-met-officers-mother-says

Just the most awful cunts on the planet.

QuoteMore than 13,000 young people under the age of 18 have been strip-searched in England and Wales since 2017, data obtained by File on 4 shows. The programme said separate data showed that two-thirds of children who had been strip-searched by the Met over the past three years were from ethnically diverse backgrounds.

Taylor defended the force's record, claiming searches was based on "intelligence-led policing".

When did 'intelligence' become a euphemism for noncery?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 25, 2022, 04:05:47 PMWhen did 'intelligence' become a euphemism for noncery?

When Phil Collins coined the phrase Nonce Sense.

bgmnts

Just out of interest, is it even possible to have a policing force that isn't the physically oppressive arm of the state? The police just never seem to be a force for peacekeeping or being a part of the community and keeping people obeying the law for the benefit of the majority, it mostly just seems to be a tool used by the state to keep people submissive and unable to change the status quo.

Is there precedent for a legal self policing organisation that isn't in league with the ruling class? I suppose that's just organised vigilantism I suppose.

Bernice

Quote from: bgmnts on May 25, 2022, 04:13:29 PMJust out of interest, is it even possible to have a policing force that isn't the physically oppressive arm of the state? The police just never seem to be a force for peacekeeping or being a part of the community and keeping people obeying the law for the benefit of the majority, it mostly just seems to be a tool used by the state to keep people submissive and unable to change the status quo.

Is there precedent for a legal self policing organisation that isn't in league with the ruling class? I suppose that's just organised vigilantism I suppose.

For as long as there is a ruling class, no. Maybe something like the Asayish in Rojava, but I admit I don't know all that much about them.

Johnny Yesno

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteSo, the Met's first instinct, a mere 4 days after the worst residential fire in recent history, was that the Muslim community were gonna do a madness in criminal activity...*checks notes*... during Ramadan

Muslims, fasting for 18hrs, going to commit crime

Can't even feign shock
QuoteGrenfell Tower: Met Police blasted over 'Islamophobic' warning four days after tragic fire 💚
Read More: https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/grenfell-tower-met-police-blasted-24356591

https://twitter.com/aminAKActs/status/1543547802357317633

Buelligan

And now this (contains details of serious sexual assault)

Quote from: The BBCA special constable serving with the Metropolitan Police has been charged with
Spoiler alert
rape
[close]

Paul Hoile, 40, is due to appear at Kidderminster Magistrates' Court later, facing four charges including one of
Spoiler alert
anal rape and two counts of oral rape.
[close]

The charges relate to an incident in Shropshire on Tuesday 5 July.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-62104699

Flouncer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-62337670

So these three cunts were in a police Whatsapp group with Wayne Couzens a couple of years before he killed Sarah Everard, and of course it was full of vile messages about women and disabled people. One of them, William Neville, bragged that he got sexual pleasure from forcibly detaining a fifteen year old girl, describing it as a "struggle snuggle" - his colleagues found this amusing. Jonathon Cobban made offensive comments about victims of domestic violence, and Joel Borders, who talked about raping a female colleague, says that his remarks were "dark humour which I appreciate will offend some people." Two of them are still serving officers, though presently suspended.

QuoteThe three men are charged with offences contrary to the Communications Act 2003, Section 127 (1) which relates to "improper use of a public electronic communications network". The nature of the messages is alleged to be "grossly offensive".

The three men do not deny sending the messages, but they do deny the charges that they are grossly offensive.

So they still have the brass neck to pretend they haven't done anything wrong. Is there any wonder Couzens was emboldened to do what he did, with pals like this?