Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 24, 2022, 11:32:49 AMBut his bloody MPs briefed the Mail on it!

Don't call them tory scum, though, for it while hurt their feelings.

king_tubby

pancreas

Ferris

Nothing says "hopeful politics" like the warmed-over corpse of blairism.

Read the room mate.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: king_tubby on April 24, 2022, 04:33:47 PMfailure to win over disaffected tory voters.

What is it in these freaks that makes them want this so badly - and indeed in this particular case all the other stuff that goes along with being Tony Blair - but not want to join the Tories?

Is it just shame and tension with their own self-image?

Fambo Number Mive

The Britain Project sounds a bit like the Brittas Empire.

Looking at who is involved it is all establishment figures. The new Independent Group for Change?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on April 24, 2022, 04:33:47 PMOh fuck me, this is HIALRIOUS. Tonty stabbing Kieth right in the front.

https://twitter.com/SolHughesWriter/status/1518244208968183808

I don't want to piss on your chips but 'hilarious' isn't my reaction to this. Deso, maybe. Bleak. Looking at the state of French politics, frightening.

Johnny Yesno

Good point well made:

Quote from: vob @voblatReplying to @SolHughesWriter

One of those people is writing blairs speeches, and two of them are members of the Labour paty (phillips and blair'.

Oddly, no rush to expel them for it from the starmer crew, who are currently expelling left wing Jews for giving interviews to media.

4:39 pm · 24 Apr 2022

https://twitter.com/voblat/status/1518253270795534336

king_tubby

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 24, 2022, 05:41:32 PMI don't want to piss on your chips but 'hilarious' isn't my reaction to this. Deso, maybe. Bleak. Looking at the state of French politics, frightening.

That too.

Key

Project Britain... for people that think radical centrism isn't an absurd oxymoron.

Video Game Fan 2000

"Project Britain" sounds like a failed reality tv show from 2002

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Key on April 24, 2022, 07:12:11 PMProject Britain... for people that think radical centrism isn't an absurd oxymoron.

I wish it was just an oxymoron, perhaps 'fundamental centrism' is more correct.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 24, 2022, 08:18:16 PMI wish it was just an oxymoron, perhaps 'fundamental centrism' is more correct.

Fundamentalist neoliberalism.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 24, 2022, 11:37:09 PMFundamentalist neoliberalism.

yes... 'aggro-centre' is another one I've seen used, I like the brevity.

pancreas

Extreme centrism, was David Graeber's term.

shoulders

The Party for Moderate Progress Within The Bounds of The Law

Fambo Number Mive

I imagine most of the Britain Project people were big fans of the Coalition Government.

pigamus

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 24, 2022, 05:41:32 PMI don't want to piss on your chips but 'hilarious' isn't my reaction to this. Deso, maybe. Bleak. Looking at the state of French politics, frightening.

I doubt much will come of it. He's just a bored old rich man wishing he was still relevant.

jobotic

Quote from: shoulders on April 25, 2022, 07:59:11 AMThe Party for Moderate Progress Within The Bounds of The Law

A shaved Starmer would make a really good Svejk lookalike.

https://www.instagram.com/ratingstarmershair/

Fear this is in the earnest vein of Milifandom rather than shitposting. 5/10

jobotic

The most amazing thing about the misogynist article aimed at Rayner is that it is less offensive than Matt Fforde's "my big Labour tits" portrayal of Jess Phillips.

idunnosomename

Good Tory Rory, Philip "Tonty's larynx" Collins and Trevor "I'm black so I'm allowed to be racist against Muslims" Phillips!?!?!? What a dream team!!!

shoulders

No remaining doubt that New Labour's repeated use of radical agenda only applied to internal reform of the Labour Party.

Have they come up with a single idea since losing power that couldn't easily have been thought up by one wing or other of the Tories? A serious, non-rhetorical question.

jobotic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on April 25, 2022, 10:28:19 AMThe most amazing thing about the misogynist article aimed at Rayner is that it is less offensive than Matt Fforde's "my big Labour tits" portrayal of Jess Phillips.

I don't think it is because one's a (shit misogynistic) parody and the other's a real-life accusation aimed at someone.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 25, 2022, 11:09:39 AMI don't think it is because one's a (shit misogynistic) parody and the other's a real-life accusation aimed at someone.

Agreed. This is a Mail on Sunday article, not a Sunday Sport one.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pigamus on April 25, 2022, 08:22:23 AMI doubt much will come of it. He's just a bored old rich man wishing he was still relevant.

I think it will be significant in dragging our politics further to the right.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/rachel-reeves-says-she-is-pleased-jeremy-corbyn-is-not-prime-minister-3667288

You heard it from the horses mouth. Not wanting the Labour leader to become prime minister is good actually. A position to bear in mind come the next election.

pancreas

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on April 25, 2022, 07:32:27 PMhttps://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/rachel-reeves-says-she-is-pleased-jeremy-corbyn-is-not-prime-minister-3667288

You heard it from the horses mouth. Not wanting the Labour leader to become prime minister is good actually. A position to bear in mind come the next election.

Why won't the loony left compromise and pragmatically support the leader we have, not the leader they want