Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on April 25, 2022, 07:32:27 PMYou heard it from the horses mouth.
The Hard Left shows its filthy misogyny again. Why do you hate women? Especially obedient neo-liberal economics women like Rachael Reeves? We See You.

shoulders

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on April 25, 2022, 07:32:27 PMhttps://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/rachel-reeves-says-she-is-pleased-jeremy-corbyn-is-not-prime-minister-3667288

You heard it from the horses mouth. Not wanting the Labour leader to become prime minister is good actually. A position to bear in mind come the next election.

I posted this recently but I saw her in person saying the exact opposite to a group of enthusiastic Labour converts at Brudenell Social Club in 2018.

king_tubby

shoulders

Wasted 10 minutes on this:

QuoteDear Rachel Reeves,

I am a fully paid up Labour member and read the following article where you were quoted.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/rachel-reeves-says-she-is-pleased-jeremy-corbyn-is-not-prime-minister-3667288

This reminded me of your appearance at Brudenell Social Club with Angela Rayner in 2018 where you informed an enthusiastic crowd of Labour members that 'we' (meaning everyone in the room, including you) wanted Labour in power, adding, "with Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister". I along with hundreds of others were in that room at the time.

They may have noticed, as I have, that these two points of view, both expressed by you, are incompatible. Which of the two represents your point of view, and were you lying to the crowd you addressed at that meeting? I ask this question as you were on record as campaigning for the resignation of Jeremy Corbyn during the period widely referred to (humiliatingly, now even by its instigators) as the 'chicken coup'.

I also note that recently you expressed your view in the media it was a good thing that Labour membership numbers are rapidly declining under the current regime as in your view many members 'did not share Labour values'.

In regards to that, I am unsure how you think you possess the knowledge to make that claim given Labour's membership losses run to hundreds of thousands of people? How do you know each of those people do not share Labour values? Secondly, how do you expect Labour to be in a fiscal position to campaign effectively when your regime, (seemingly purposefully, as your own expressed point alludes to) alienates subscribers along with many affiliated Unions?

The path taken by the current leadership, of which you are a senior member, makes us less equipped to 'fight the Tories' (as we are constantly reminded we have to do) as you are giving ordinary people less and less reason to invest their own time and money into the Labour cause, most damaging of all burning the goodwill and allegiance of a generation of young people who would have been Labour's champions  for decades to come, not to mention providing Labour with the ideas and intellect to refresh and renew the party in the future.

Please explain:

1) Whether or not you were lying to the crowd you addressed in 2018?
2) How an exodus of young members, or an exodus of financial supporters or an exodus of grassroots campaigners can possibly assist Labour regaining power?

Yours sincerely,
Ploppy, son of Ploppy

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on April 26, 2022, 08:01:09 AMCan't be arsed to find and necro the NIP thread so I'll put this here:

https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1518832390000549888

QuoteWho can reply?
People @TracyAnnO mentioned can reply

shoulders

Quote from: king_tubby on April 26, 2022, 08:01:09 AMCan't be arsed to find and necro the NIP thread so I'll put this here:

A crying laughing emoji would be an indulgence...

But hey...

😅

jobotic

She also smeared Corbyn with her tweet but that's apparently acceptable

Quote"So a man called @PhilipProudfoot of @FreeNorthNow has a Jew block list. I've been out of the twitter politics loop for a few months but is this party continuation Corbyn? Seems like it. And will it end up the same way? Seems like it. Good luck all."

Sebastian Cobb

There's no way these two never fucked. Their chemistry is electric.

She'd feel his rod pulsate inside her, and he would beg to release. Not yet: Mummy knows best.

The anticipation brings him further to arrival, and his thick seed fills her through, gushing onto his sack.

https://twitter.com/Women4Wes/status/1518887992068390912

Amazed this account is still successfully evading the bans.

Johnny Yesno

The replies about the finger made me snort.

Memorex MP3

Probably just pissed off that he wasn't able to challenge Starmer for the leadership. Whether he'd've been pushing as hard for anything if he was leader is another thing but the complete absense of ideas coming from Starmer's camp must be wildly annoying if you felt like you could position yourself in the same space and have loads.

shoulders

Quote from: danwho9 on April 26, 2022, 01:52:38 PMI like to think everything Burnham does now is all built on post-New Labour guilt.

Possibly, and I think he has already shown he is weak when confronted with the true power in the country, but he has also seen what Corbyn did and gone 'I want a bit of that'.

Full public ownership of railways and meaningful constitutional reform, I wouldn't sniff at that.

Jockice

Quote from: shoulders on April 26, 2022, 08:09:19 AMWasted 10 minutes on this:

At least you've used your real name now. That fake one you had earlier was shit.

shoulders

Pretty sure it's known on here anyway, but I got a PM suggesting I remove it.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Her tweets mentioning Corbyn during his term as LOTO are largely positive

Action Fish

Hmph:
https://twitter.com/jayrayner1/status/1518840100150460416?s=20&t=4bxvSsnjmRLv759gXrvMVg

Most commenters seem to assume he's referring to Elon Musk stans. I don't believe he is. It's a shame about Jay. I like to think he is, at heart, a good egg but he's got a real blind spot when it comes to this nonsense.

shoulders

pancreas

Quote from: Action Fish on April 26, 2022, 05:40:04 PMHmph:
https://twitter.com/jayrayner1/status/1518840100150460416?s=20&t=4bxvSsnjmRLv759gXrvMVg

Most commenters seem to assume he's referring to Elon Musk stans. I don't believe he is. It's a shame about Jay. I like to think he is, at heart, a good egg but he's got a real blind spot when it comes to this nonsense.

Preach.

shoulders

Paul Calf

'Undermining arguments' isn't a thing people worry about any more though, is it? I mean, if the integrity and force of an argument was something anyone cared about, Corbyn would still be Labour Leader and possibly PM.

shoulders

No, it isn't going to be the thing that gets Corbyn reinstated.

All the same, events like this help break through the alternative realities people exist in when they are consuming information only within a particular ecosystem.

I see the individual is already trying to rolling back on her apology by referring to 'knowing her own truth'. Alternative facts eh hun

king_tubby

I saw that too. I am not a lawyer, but isn't that pretty much repeating the libel?

danwho9

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Action Fish on April 26, 2022, 05:40:04 PMHmph:

Yeah, he got fooled by the Twitter Block Chain before, along with Rebecca Front and others who really should know better.

phantom_power

Alastair Campbell has written an open letter in the Liverpool Echo for Klopp to get into politics. "Our country needs you". Glad the adults are back in the room

Bernice

Quote from: phantom_power on April 28, 2022, 08:18:53 AMAlastair Campbell has written an open letter in the Liverpool Echo for Klopp to get into politics. "Our country needs you". Glad the adults are back in the room

He wrote it in the New European, but it's been extensively quoted in the Echo. It is a laughably shit bit of writing, proper 70-year-old in neighbourhood Facebook group stuff.

Johnny Yesno

Bernice

My link's not fucked mate, you're fucked.

king_tubby

'Please Mr Klopp, fabricate some evidence, drive your critics to suicide, destroy the lives of countless millions of brown people, and facilitate the rise of ISIS and Putin. I beg you, Mr Klopp.'

Fuck me, I hate Campbell. Fucking cunt. Fucking war criminal cunt.