Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex_GC

He's rolling his eyes at someone having LGBT in their bio. I can't believe the level of brain worms, he will lose the plot if anyone calls him transphobic but he reacts to even the faintest hint of people being trans supportive

frajer

Graham Linehan, the whitest male in existence, continues to curl out his garbled thoughts on race and feminism.

What's his motive? Pure altruism and supporting others, of course! Oh no wait he just wants back a social media account on a dying platform because the teacher took it off him because he was hitting the other kids with it but it's not faaaair.

Ex_GC

Does anyone remember his furious reaction to a trans woman appearing in the Netflix show The Queens Gambit? And he has the nerve to object to being called anti trans!

Kankurette

Oh wow, a few token black TERFs. Funny how the majority of women at JKR's big lunch, and at all these TERF gatherings, are white. Like Graham.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 06, 2022, 08:53:46 AMAlso, what is he fucking on about now:

Does anyone know why 'white feminism' is some sort of gotcha for Ron?

I guess he was wanting to mock the idea that "terfism"/"gender criticism"/transphobia is often described as being the preserve of white, ageing middle class women, and then used Ronson to do so. Dunno if he's ever made such a comment.

jobotic

How could they do this to Rosie?

They're forcing me to vote Tory

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 06, 2022, 10:33:32 AMDunno if he's ever made such a comment.
Ah ok, I was wondering if Jon had said anything along that lines, but I guess it's just leftover bile from Graham after the Mich Fest documentary.

mippy

Does anyone outwith Glindr and Mumsnet even give a fig about this tribunal? What are they hoping will result from it? Mass peakening? Maxine Peakening?

retsuza

Graham's got a dartboard of his enemies on his wall he throws at when he needs someone to blame - Ron Jonson, Frankie Boyle, Stewart Lee etc.

His brain is just Madlibs at this point
"I'm mad about (INSERT REACTIONARY OUTRAGE STORY HERE) and you don't hear (INSERT GRAHAM ENEMY HERE) talking about it. pronouns beard handmaiden"

frajer

Quote from: mippy on May 06, 2022, 11:27:38 AMDoes anyone outwith Glindr and Mumsnet even give a fig about this tribunal? What are they hoping will result from it? Mass peakening? Maxine Peakening?

The Great Tide Turnening of 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022, definitely

petril

Quote from: retsuza on May 06, 2022, 11:30:39 AMGraham's got a dartboard of his enemies on his wall he throws at when he needs someone to blame - Ron Jonson, Frankie Boyle, Stewart Lee etc.

His brain is just Madlibs at this point
"I'm mad about (INSERT REACTIONARY OUTRAGE STORY HERE) and you don't hear (INSERT GRAHAM ENEMY HERE) talking about it. pronouns beard handmaiden"

I like to imagine he's not put it up, he's so angry he just throws the dartboard at pictures on the wall

Kankurette

There's a Metro article about trans people being frightened to use toilets because of transphobia. I'm sure that'll go down well with the TERF crowd.

frajer

Quote from: petril on May 06, 2022, 12:10:40 PMI like to imagine he's not put it up, he's so angry he just throws the dartboard at pictures on the wall

'Pin the Tail on the Enemy' - Linehan spinning around in his flat blindfolded, getting so confused and agitated he stabs the pin into himself and blames trans activists.

I can imagine this causing some issues in the future and being a homophobic flashpoint, radfems are very much against gay men using surrogates.

Not sure what's going on with the 'it's' thing as it seems a combination of weird phrasing and a typo.

chip

Pimhole

I can't imagine Jon Ronson ever using the phrase "white feminism" disparagingly, willing to be proved wrong but it's too much like the culture wars he's so desperate to prove he's above.

damien

Ben Shapiro has been having an anti Trans meltdown for the past week or so; but as far as I can see there've been no retweets from 'Oliophi'. I wonder if Ben Shapiro is where he draws the line.

Dr Rock

Ben Shapiro is the mouthpiee of several billionaire ultra-conservtives who pay his astronomic wages.He's a puppet.

https://legacy.tyt.com/2018/07/31/ben-shapiro-owns-the-libs-but-who-owns-him/

Sonny_Jim

He knows Shaprio is extremely dunkable because he's a general idiot.  Grahams been bullied enough to realise you don't hang around with the kid everyone takes the piss out of.  See all that hoo-hah about him not understanding WAP got him mercilessly ripped on, plus the Andrew Neil walking out thing, he's a joke to anyone except the far right.  So maybe he's OK with banning abortion, as long as it hurts the trans, right?  But Ben fucking Shaprio is where the line is for him.

Hope of Avalon

retsuza

Can't remember the names and I'm not interested in scrolling through the 1.8k people that Oliophi follows but there was definitely some Shapiro adjacent people he followed, or maybe on an old account. I want to say Owen Benjamin is one of them but he's more of an edgy far-right than a psuedo-intellectual dipshit like Shapiro is. Dave Rubin is more similar in that aspect (although his attempts to sound smart fall way flatter) and I'm more certain about him being an Oliophi follow.

I'm still convinced in two years he'll be going on about even Trump in a devil's advocate way "at least he knows what a woman is" spiel. I'm hardly Nostramadus though when he's giving love to Desantis.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"You don't even know what a woman is/DEFINE WOMAN"

What does that have to do with abortion? Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

More culture war bullshit and Graham Drunkarse is enabling it.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Pimhole on May 06, 2022, 12:51:08 PMI can't imagine Jon Ronson ever using the phrase "white feminism" disparagingly, willing to be proved wrong but it's too much like the culture wars he's so desperate to prove he's above.

Indeed. I did vaguely wonder myself, but then you remember how much shit Stewart Lee got blamed on for his "in the pedal bin" list, and it reminds you of precisely how much shite is spouted for credulous Glincel fuckers to gobble up.

Hey folks, it's probably a bit early to be thinking of this but if there's a thread 19[1] I'm going to consolidate some of the historical cuntery into fewer points. Like instead of listing every GBeebies appearance I'd have "Been on GB News X times" for instance. I'll still have a New Since Last Time section. Sound good? Barry if this belongs in the moderation thread please move it.

1. Of course there'll be one.

FalknerHinton

Still slightly early days, but Respect My Sex/#LabourLosingWomen looks like it's doing really well...

The only party that seems to be losing here is the one the critters all claim to be voting for. Oh dear, how sad.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 06, 2022, 02:11:56 PMBarry if this belongs in the moderation thread please move it.

1. Of course there'll be one.

Nah that's just for moaning :-)

Thanks for the effort you and madhair have put into these threads, greatly appreciated.

JaDanketies

Since Gender Critters view everything through the prism of a single issue, this election is clearly a massive show of support for "mealy-mouthed wishy-washy equivocating."