Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:50:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 06, 2022, 03:27:04 PMSince Gender Critters view everything through the prism of a single issue, this election is clearly a massive show of support for "mealy-mouthed wishy-washy equivocating."

But but GCs are just expressing what everyone is thinking. This doesn't make sense.

Everyone's been captured!

JaDanketies

Quote from: jobotic on May 06, 2022, 03:32:27 PMBut but GCs are just expressing what everyone is thinking. This doesn't make sense.

Everyone's been captured!

Everyone must be so worried about the Trans Menace that they can't even be honest in the polling booth, lest they get discovered to be a cishet and summarily executed

FalknerHinton

Quote from: jobotic on May 06, 2022, 03:02:15 PMAlba losing seats too!

I'd almost forgotten they existed. Rather like Scottish voters then, apparently.

Barry Admin

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 06, 2022, 03:35:45 PMEveryone must be so worried about the Trans Menace that they can't even be honest in the polling booth, lest they get discovered to be a cishet and summarily executed

I'm sorry, I just gotta post this again now as I still can't believe the way they try to depict the Trans Menace:

Quote from: Lauren BlackMy wife was more sure than I was. I will never forget sitting on my back step with her at home. The sun was going down and I worried aloud, "what if they come for us?" She put her red hair over her shoulder in the light of the setting sun and as it flashed in her eyes she resolved, "let them come."

We came out in our own names the next day.

And might as well revist the face her wife pulled when Graham went to hug her at a protest in Belfast 😬

canadagoose

The Scottish Greens getting record numbers of seats in a good few areas, too (Edinburgh, for instance), and they're the least transphobic party with representation in GB, I reckon.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: FalknerHinton on May 06, 2022, 03:36:44 PMI'd almost forgotten they existed. Rather like Scottish voters then, apparently.

Amazing, under every "women won't wheesht" tweet you had massive replies of people supporting Alba. It's so surreal how warped twitter can make reality seem.

pigamus

Juan K Perros

JaDanketies

Linehan appearing in another article:

The dark reality of trans conversion therapy

QuoteJessie's parents – who she describes as "gender critical" and "anti-trans" – had told her that they'd found a therapist who was a "trans ally". Initially, she believed them. But when a friend sent her a YouTube video of her therapist chatting with Graham Linehan and making transphobic comments, she realised that she'd been subjected to conversion therapy.

king_tubby

lol. lmao.

https://twitter.com/LynneKeys3/status/1522586079240540160

QuoteMhairi Hunter
@MhairiHunter
1h
Well I didn't expect today to go like this. A combination of Green & Alba votes leaves me no longer a councillor.  Pretty ironic really. Still, more time to campaign for independence. Onwards & upwards.

Lynne Keys
@LynneKeys3
Replying to
@MhairiHunter
You ignored their concerns, but women spoke with their votes. Now you have the reckoning.
3:36 PM · May 6, 2022·Twitter Web App

Mhairi Hunter
@MhairiHunter
54m
Replying to
@LynneKeys3
My replacement is a trans woman.

Juan K Perros

Chris McEleny turning 5000 Twitter followers into 126 votes is fucking delicious.

Mister Six

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 06, 2022, 12:33:04 PMI can imagine this causing some issues in the future and being a homophobic flashpoint, radfems are very much against gay men using surrogates.

Not sure what's going on with the 'it's' thing as it seems a combination of weird phrasing and a typo.

The active noun - the "it" in that sentence - is "the fact". But of course, transphobes are thick as fuck and incapable of seeing past their obsessions. If they weren't, they wouldn't be transphobes.

Banana post

Would I be right in thinking that if you are pro-surrogacy then the sex of either/both of the prospective parents is irrelevant?

Jollity

Will I call Linehan "really fucking homophobic" again?

Yes, I think I will do that.

:)

Ex_GC

Is that not just short of saying 'gay men shouldn't be parents as it goes against the natural family order'?

Mister Six

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 06, 2022, 02:11:56 PMHey folks, it's probably a bit early to be thinking of this but if there's a thread 19[1] I'm going to consolidate some of the historical cuntery into fewer points. Like instead of listing every GBeebies appearance I'd have "Been on GB News X times" for instance. I'll still have a New Since Last Time section. Sound good? Barry if this belongs in the moderation thread please move it.

1. Of course there'll be one.

I was going to suggest this on the last thread, then thought it looked a bit cunty, given that you're having fun and putting a lot of effort in. But previous intro posts would cut and consolidate stuff in each new iteration as a matter of course. When it's as long as the first post here, I worry that most people won't bother to read it.

Mister Six

Quote from: Jollity on May 06, 2022, 05:55:49 PMWill I call Linehan "really fucking homophobic" again?

It is notable that this is the one non-trans-related "feminist issue" he seems to get really het up about. Pun intended.

Would he be equally furious about a heterosexual cis couple using a surrogate? Or a pair of cis lesbians who are unable to carry a baby?

retsuza

Toilet policeman Graham Linehan gets to decide what you do with your own body.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Jollity on May 06, 2022, 05:55:49 PMWill I call Linehan "really fucking homophobic" again?

The latest SGB post is a guest post (of course) about a trans support group in Nottingham for 12-18 year olds, that's run by a mental health professional lady who also DJs. She has DJ'd at a few gay nights/clubs and posted about doing so on her personal twitter account.

Needless to say this is written up as a massive safeguarding risk, even though there's absolutely no evidence at all to suggest her two professional roles overlap in the slightest.

In other words, it's just saying that anyone who has anything to do with the gays is somehow a risk to children, but with the usual "won't someone think of the children" veneer that lets them thing they aren't being raging homophobes.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 06, 2022, 06:08:28 PMIs that not just short of saying 'gay men shouldn't be parents as it goes against the natural family order'?

No. Its just offence-mining by hiding behind women again.

He probably has nothing against this in reality, but he knows there are similar rage junkies on Twitter who will bite at this and circulate his shit.

Ex_GC

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 06, 2022, 06:20:59 PMNo. Its just offence-mining by hiding behind women again.

He probably has nothing against this in reality, but he knows there are similar rage junkies on Twitter who will bite at this and circulate his shit.

Yeah I'm not saying he has something against it in reality, it just sounds very close to the 'gay men shouldn't have children' argument. That he probably has nothing against it in reality makes it even more baffling. Why does he go against his principles so much?

Ferris

damien

GCs very quiet on twitter heh, also the MN elections thread which was full of excitable chat about Alba and spoiled ballots and voting Tory for the first time because Bojo knows what a woman is, has turned into a shouting match about who's fault it now all is. It's Theresa May's apparantly and someone called Maria Miller.

king_tubby

She, er, she was instrumental in bringing in same sex marriage when she was Equalities minister under Cameron.

Is this bad now in GC world?

Quote from: king_tubby on May 06, 2022, 07:08:55 PMShe, er, she was instrumental in bringing in same sex marriage when she was Equalities minister under Cameron.

Is this bad now in GC world?

They're getting there slowly.

Zetetic

Quote from: Mister Six on May 06, 2022, 05:40:01 PMThe active noun - the "it" in that sentence - is "the fact".
This interpretation makes no sense, because the "the fact" is clearly about the child and there's no reason why Dowling would be claiming otherwise. (Setting aside that "related to" is an extremely weird way to put that.)

Mister Six

Quote from: Zetetic on May 06, 2022, 08:07:31 PMThis interpretation makes no sense, because the "the fact" is clearly about the child and there's no reason why Dowling would be claiming otherwise. (Setting aside that "related to" is an extremely weird way to put that.)

Ah, you might be right, I misread the quote. Who's the thick one now, eh?

(It's still the transphobes.)