Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markburgle

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 08, 2022, 05:13:15 PM

I dunno about a poem but here's a lyric by Laura Jane Grace from Against Me, written and released before she came out as trans and the world knew her only as a macho rocker. I think it's beautiful, but that's just me:

The Ocean

If I could have chosen where God would hide his heaven
I'd wish for it to be the salt and swell of the ocean
Carried by the currents to all continents' shores
Reaching into the depths where the sun's light is never shown
Mixed with algae and coral, breathed in by sharks and dolphins
Sailed by tanker ships, private yachts, swam in by tourists
Working its way up through inlets, lakes, and rivers
Swamps, and estuaries, down through limestone into the aquifer

Purified by the county, pumped through pipes and out faucets
Filled into a glass to meet the thirst of our children

And if I could have chosen, I would have been born a woman
My mother once told me she would have named me Laura
I'd grow up to be strong and beautiful like her
One day, I'd find an honest man to make my husband
We would have two children, build our home on the Gulf of Mexico
Our family would spend hot summer days at the beach together
The sun would kiss our skin as we played in the sand and water
And we would know we loved each other without having to say it

At night, we would sleep with the windows of our house left open
Letting the cool ocean air soothe the sunburned shoulders of our children

There is an ocean in my soul where the waters do not curve
There is an ocean in my soul where the waters do not curve!

Dog Botherer

if I recall correctly Laura wrote that even before she herself realised she was trans.

related, Transgender Dysphoria Blues is a fucking incredible album.

retsuza

I don't even care for poetry (don't understand or appreciate it due to being dumb) and even I know it's completely absurd to say that.

More of the dehumanisation thing isn't it. Can't be any good trans poetry because we hate the transgenders.

Infuriating how they use "gender identity (ideology/activists)" and "TRA" when they usually mean "any trans person or person who isn't a psycho dickhead about it"

They have to speak in code because if they didn't it would be even more obvious what bigotry is being pedalled

PaulTMA

Has Linehan ever responded to jibes regarding JK not wanting to know him?

Jumblegraws

I think the only reason St Joanne would acknowledge Greybum would be if there was a surge in people on Twitter mocking him because she hadn't done so. That way she'd have the satisfaction of spiting trans people and their allies again.

mtpromises

Anyone else bummed we are still waiting for a sequal to "Anatomy of a GC purity spiral, Part 1." by Anonymous?  It's been as almost three weeks since Part 1 dropped.

I thought BC wrote it himself, but in light of lateness of part 2 and a second reading I'm now thinking it's Arty and Graham.  Arty has had trouble before getting written pieces finished.  Plus the author claims to have had "female socialization" which Arty has claimed to have had on The Mess more than once, in those words.

BennyHedgehog

dead-ced-dead

I wonder if Musk has made a specific junk folder for all the emails he's getting from people begging for their Twitter accounts back.

idunnosomename

His crime? He said he was gay. Oh and threatened to nail people to a wall.

Kankurette

Or, he was suspended for threatening people. Including Stonewall, an organisation that deals with LGB people. Oh, I forgot, Stonewall are evil because they acknowledge trans people exist. What with being named after a pub that was popular with trans people.

Sonny_Jim

It's the digital version of going into a gay pub, insulting the trans staff member and getting chucked out.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 09, 2022, 12:45:17 PMHe obviously thought he was invincible after his last suspension and return

So he's Alan Cumming from GoldenEye?

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 09, 2022, 12:45:17 PMHe obviously thought he was invincible after his last suspension and return

That and he was tweeting, pissed, at 2am.

retsuza

He's bolder on his locked account and retweeting stuff like this (edited one word because I do consider it a nasty slur used by the absolute worst of these fuckers)

Dr Rock

By the same logic can you use the n word about Bill Cosby? Answer=no.

retsuza

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 06, 2022, 05:50:13 PMBanana post

Would I be right in thinking that if you are pro-surrogacy then the sex of either/both of the prospective parents is irrelevant?

Just been revealed today it was one of the guy's sisters who is carrying the child. So it's not some random poor woman who is being forced to birth this gay couple's child like he's trying to frame it as, seems more like a loving act by a close family member. But is it any surprise Graham is unable to recognise that kind of thing anymore.

Alberon

Well, she's clearly been forced into it by her brother. Probably given no say in the matter.

Ferris

Quote from: wrec on May 08, 2022, 10:38:56 PMTelling someone to fuck off for a tweet that nobody reacted to dissing JK two years ago. He obviously found it by searching for Rowling transphobe.

I think the saddest thing about this is even across two twitter accounts of entirely monomania with no family or work commitments to distract him, he still doesn't get enough twitter content to throw low-grade drive-by conflict at at so he has to search for more. That's incredible, honestly.

It's like an alcoholic going through all their empties one by one to see if there's just one last drop in that bottle from Tuesday. There must be.

How can he not see this is an addiction (to the internet, anonymized aggro, obsessive-compulsive behaviour, whatever) that has pretty objectively ruined his life and he needs help? It's beyond me. There's no shame in asking for help if you've let things go too far and feel like you've come off the rails. It's fine to see someone about it and work to turn it around but the first step is admitting that and accepting some (or all) of the blame for where you've ended up, which I suppose will never happen.

James Esses dropping a take so 🍌🍌🍌 even Graham would think twice (if he knew who Keir Starmer was)

Ex_GC

Oh he knows who Keir Starmer is, remember how proud he was of the pun 'keir theory'

Quote from: Ferris on May 09, 2022, 04:27:08 PMIt's like an alcoholic going through all their empties one by one to see if there's just one last drop in that bottle from Tuesday. There must be.

The most accurate analogy I heard someone on here use months ago was that his complete and utter cluelessness on how..
anything on the internet works despite spending his entire life on it is like a heroin addict that can't work a needle. He's going to be a fascinating case study in psychology classes in the years to come...

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on May 09, 2022, 05:00:58 PMThe most accurate analogy I heard someone on here use months ago was that his complete and utter cluelessness on how..
anything on the internet works despite spending his entire life on it is like a heroin addict that can't work a needle. He's going to be a fascinating case study in psychology classes in the years to come...

Believe it or not, I've come across IV heroin users who can't locate veins for shit, and end up with infections galore (I mean, that can happen when you do it right,  but skin popping is a last resort for a reason).

mtpromises

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on May 09, 2022, 05:00:58 PMThe most accurate analogy I heard someone on here use months ago was that his complete and utter cluelessness on how..
He's a failed pc gamer.

The Bumlord

If Bananacunt loves JK Rowling (JK Rowling) that much, why can he still not pronounce her name properly?

Mister Six

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on May 09, 2022, 05:38:34 PMBelieve it or not, I've come across IV heroin users who can't locate veins for shit, and end up with infections galore (I mean, that can happen when you do it right,  but skin popping is a last resort for a reason).

That's not just because their veins are all collapsed to shit?

Mister Six

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 09, 2022, 06:23:15 PMIf Bananacunt loves JK Rowling (JK Rowling) that much, why can he still not pronounce her name properly?

He is cursed never to understand all the things he's passionate about.

JK Rowling
The internet
All the things.