Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retsuza

Quote from: Mister Six on May 09, 2022, 06:41:32 PMHe is cursed never to understand all the things he's passionate about.

JK Rowling
The internet
All the things.

Have we considered this whole thing is a monkey paw situation or an ironic curse by a badly phrased wish to a vengeful genie?

ETA: new page makes it so

wrec

Quote from: retsuza on May 09, 2022, 08:22:41 PMHave we considered this whole thing is a monkey paw situation or an ironic curse by a badly phrased wish to a vengeful genie?

"I want to be the most talked about person on the Cook'd and Bomb'd forum forever! I want to be what people think of when they hear the word "discussed"".

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Mister Six on May 09, 2022, 06:40:32 PMThat's not just because their veins are all collapsed to shit?

Not always, no.

I'm liking the Monkey's Paw tinfoil.

Quote from: some bigotHOMOSEXUALS AND HETEROSEXUALS HAVING A CIVILIZED DISCUSSION ON THE INTERNET

OH NO! HERE COMES THE TRANS!

HAHA. THIS IS TOTALLY HOW NORMAL AVERAGE HUMAN BEIGNS TALK.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on May 09, 2022, 11:14:31 PMHAHA. THIS IS TOTALLY HOW NORMAL AVERAGE HUMAN BEIGNS TALK.

I was just reading the rant of some TERF about how all "normies" think of trans people the same way they do. I swear they never talk to anybody outside of their cult.

Kankurette

wrec

54 year old edgelord, trying to get banned as he admitted, not that those posts don't perfectly reflect his thinking. Are his Mess cohorts or "reasonable" supporters (if there are any left) interacting with that account?

RicoMNKN

I want him to get his account back simply to see how people who followed him for his comedy react to that sort of dreadful shit in their timeline. 

I know they turned a blind eye to the transphobia and bullying before, but it's now 100% angry bananas rather than 'concerned' cherry picking, so far harder to deny.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: retsuza on May 09, 2022, 08:22:41 PMHave we considered this whole thing is a monkey paw situation or an ironic curse by a badly phrased wish to a vengeful genie?

ETA: new page makes it so
"I wish Twitter would do something to prevent me, beloved internet personality Grahan Lineham, from having my opinions and beliefs challenged by ordinary members of the public."

Sonny_Jim

Staniland does this really annoying thing where she jumps on a phrase and just repeats it over and over again.

phantom_power

Maybe they have no idea who or what they are fighting because the people they are fighting are so inconsistent and lacking in any ethical position other than "trans bad". All other points are moveable depending on how it relates to the "trans bad" argument at that time.

thr0b

retsuza

chip

phantom_power

Saw a screenshot of a tweet from Frances Weetman saying that she was trans when a teen but grew out of it, as most people do. They really can't get their head around the difference between tomboy/girls and trans people, and that there are gradations of gender non-conformity (something that GCs should be pleased about you would think) and that trans allies are perfectly happy with the concept of tomboys and don't think anyone who has any complicated thoughts about their gender or sexuality should be pushed towards transitioning.

Kankurette

Very, very rarely do gay men or lesbians refer to themselves as 'homosexuals'. When I've seen a person use that word to refer to gay men/lesbians, and they're not a native English speaker, they're nearly always homophobic. I wish I could articulate it more clearly, but basically it's a red flag.

I was a tomboy as a kid and I am most definitely not trans. There's a huge difference!

phantom_power

Quote from: Kankurette on May 10, 2022, 11:16:04 AMVery, very rarely do gay men or lesbians refer to themselves as 'homosexuals'. When I've seen a person use that word to refer to gay men/lesbians, and they're not a native English speaker, they're nearly always homophobic. I wish I could articulate it more clearly, but basically it's a red flag.

Yeah, it is like men who call women "females". There is something off about such clinical language#. I'm not saying everyone who uses those terms is homophobic or misogynist, but it is an indicator

Pimhole

"Homosexuals" always reminds me of this clip

Always hear it in an evangelical preacher's voice.

Also, nice bi-erasure in that cartoon. Although the use of 'homosexual' really does highlight the way saying "here come the trans" is like saying "here come the homos".

Another tiny detail which is further proof of them never quite understanding memes: "tRaNsWoMeN aRe WoMeN". You're not supposed to capitalise every other letter all uniformly like that. CaPItaLisE rAnDom lEtTerS.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Wait a minute I thought Mr Nail You To The Wall was siding with "radfems"

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 10, 2022, 12:15:29 PMWait a minute I thought Mr Nail You To The Wall was siding with "radfems"

Maybe a rare moment of drunken clarity and acknowledging that the GCs aren't feminists

jobotic

Quote from: phantom_power on May 10, 2022, 11:15:13 AMSaw a screenshot of a tweet from Frances Weetman saying that she was trans when a teen but grew out of it, as most people do. They really can't get their head around the difference between tomboy/girls and trans people, and that there are gradations of gender non-conformity (something that GCs should be pleased about you would think) and that trans allies are perfectly happy with the concept of tomboys and don't think anyone who has any complicated thoughts about their gender or sexuality should be pushed towards transitioning.

Was it a tweet to Oddbins at three in the morning?

Edit: wrong loathsome Frances I think

idunnosomename

Yeah this is the tweetman, the former tyneside labour councillor who resigned over antisemitism, and has a reputation for making up things about herself like how many degrees she has to win arguments against the Hard Left.

Kavanaugh has such anger and narcissism issues he makes Fergusson look normal. His weird handle jebadoo2 is rather bathetic next to his insanely violent rhetoric. Also "I prefered AIDS" is another accidental funny of his