Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Must be a nice life, spitting absolute fury at everything around you every single day.

JamesTC

Ex_GC

When he calls people 'fat' it shows his argument has no substance

Sonny_Jim

I reckon all the funny and creative bits of his brain have been stuffed full of weird 'facts' about trans people, that he uses as ammunition in his 'gender war'.

In short, cunt bananas etc

dead-ced-dead

I've been re-watching Father Ted, and it's so weird to see him become SO humourless. Father Ted is so wacky and surreal (at its best); it has a live action cartoon logic. Maybe not to the extent of Bottom, but its type of humour suggests it's been written by people who know their onions when it comes to comedic styles. When he's not ripping off Seinfeld, of course.

It's hard to believe that they're the same men.

MigraineBoy

I've just watched ep2 of the Jimmy Savile doc & towards the end it shows a clip of Ian Hislop on Have I Got News For You reflecting on once having Jimmy as a teammate and he says "I didn't shout 'YOU'RE A PAEDO!!' Because I didn't know."

As he says this his teammate is Glinner presumably thinking "Hmmm... Maybe accusing everyone of being a Paedophile is the way forward."

jobotic

Nice result for these cunts in the Queen's Speech today.

Still even with the government and the entire media on their side they're still brave rebels.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: jobotic on May 10, 2022, 03:50:00 PMNice result for these cunts in the Queen's Speech today.

Still even with the government and the entire media on their side they're still brave rebels.

I missed the Queen's thingy. What win did these cunts win?

Kankurette

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 10, 2022, 01:54:20 PMWhen he calls people 'fat' it shows his argument has no substance
And he's not exactly thin himself.

Ex_GC

Quote from: Kankurette on May 10, 2022, 07:01:49 PMAnd he's not exactly thin himself.

He just can't help but go for personal insults. And yes, pot, kettle

damien

The manner in which he's now Back On Twitter is ideal; he can delude himself ranting away to his wee fanbase and the rest of us can't hear him.

Quote from: damien on May 10, 2022, 07:12:15 PMThe manner in which he's now Back On Twitter is ideal; he can delude himself ranting away to his wee fanbase and the rest of us can't hear him.

He hasn't posted on gettr for over two weeks now.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 10, 2022, 07:44:20 PMHe hasn't posted on gettr for over two weeks now.

How can he post on gettr when there's so much going on?

jobotic

Gettr off dead

What will they do without him? Oh yeah, racism.

Mindy Simmons

Not directly Graham related, but I just saw some fool on the New Zealand Bird site claim the evil trans are trying to give babies drugs to cause lactation...the nuttiness is jaw dropping.

Kankurette

Shaxberd

I've heard it can happen shortly after birth, because the baby absorbs hormones from the mother. Witch's milk, it's called. The idea that it's trans people's fault is a new one but I suppose everything else is so why not add it to the list.

Ferris

Quote from: damien on May 10, 2022, 07:12:15 PMThe manner in which he's now Back On Twitter is ideal; he can delude himself ranting away to his wee fanbase and the rest of us can't hear him.

He is so irrelevant as to be not worth banning.

That's quite sad really. Whole thing is sad of course.

wrec

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 10, 2022, 07:44:20 PMHe hasn't posted on gettr for over two weeks now.

Confused this with Glindr for a minute and was flabbergasted to think he was still posting there.

retsuza

In a GLINNERS TWITTER that he is promoting on his locked twitter account he is having a go at Irish author John Boyne, famous for being a gay man who refuses the label cis, writing a shit trans book called My Brother Jessica and the ahistorical Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

He's gotten into spats with Holocaust awareness organisations who just wanted to make clear some stuff about his book - which schools treat like it's factual (I actually did read this book in school in the late 2000s for English class, wasn't naive enough to believe it was nonfiction but apparently it does actually obfuscate students perception of what actually went on in the Holocaust).

Basically even a guy as shitty as Glinner isn't enough for whatever reason.

QDRPHNC

Alberon

Quote from: Ferris on May 10, 2022, 11:13:20 PMHe is so irrelevant as to be not worth banning.

That's quite sad really. Whole thing is sad of course.

The tit accepted my Twitter request recently (Hi, bananabrain!) so I've spent a few minutes reporting the worst of his tweets.

The low level of engagement is to be expected given that he's hiding in the shadows of Twitter. Musk might allow everyone back on Twitter, but will Linehan get his old account back?

Hope not. His old handle with so many dead accounts inflating his reach probably led him down this hole in the first place.

Ferris

I mean, I wouldn't massively care if he was allowed back on twitter with a new account because I don't use it, and it would expose his monomania to a far wider audience. It's easy to ignore how far he's fallen if you don't really know who he is.

He'd never get above 1-2k followers, and his downfall would become more widely known. He'd end up just getting trolled to shit all day because he's made himself into a laughing stock. Like Jordan Peterson without the tenure.

I doubt he'd get his old account back because it's been gone a few years and I doubt they archive stuff that long, especially for banned accounts (lol).

JamesTC

"I too imagine a world without Twitter" - I'm pretty sure this was an old Gary Glinner episode.

mtpromises

Graham can't write a novel.  One of his funniest Mess Moments was talking about a dream he had, where he was able to write a good movie script.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"OH I SUPPOSE I SHOULD BE DOING SITCOMS AND BRINGING JOY TO PEOPLE AND PUTTING MONEY IN MY POCKET INSTEAD OF DOING THIS VERY IMPORTANT FEMINIST WORK"

"...so lonely..."

JamesTC

He's not even angry he has been insulted. He is annoyed he was asked to consider that Twitter not exist.

buttgammon

"Even more of a twat than me" - John Boyne

I would say that could be on the blurb of Linehan's book but he's so useless he couldn't even concentrate all of his hatred into the form of a book.

Cold Meat Platter

Still the most extraordinary thing about all this to me is that he has no idea how much of a fucking arse he is making of himself.
Just no clue at all.