Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Late Satoru Iwata

Cold Meat Platter

Oh Christ that's reminded me of the Messy Joe's 'joke'.
Not so shit it's good, just so shit it's confusing and embarrassing.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Checking his latest pseudo-twitter. Having a go at John Boyne now ... because uhm ... cowardice? He really can't imagine a world without twitter. This will never end for him.

Sonny_Jim

Dr Rock

Imagine a world without Twitter? Nah, I'll just wait 5-10 years and see it myself.

dead-ced-dead

Has ol' Bananabreath said anything about congratulating his ex-wife and the rest of the Motherland team after their BAFTA win? The show he helped create and allowed the mother of his kids to breakout as a writer/showrunner/producer/creator etc in her own right?

MigraineBoy

Re: Motherland.  The voice over when they won the BAFTA said it was for their "third and final series"
I don't recall it being announced as such prior.

The Guppy

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 11, 2022, 09:08:06 AMHas ol' Bananabreath said anything about congratulating his ex-wife and the rest of the Motherland team after their BAFTA win? The show he helped create and allowed the mother of his kids to breakout as a writer/showrunner/producer/creator etc in her own right?
I'm glad her profile is rising. If you Google her name you get "writer/Graham Linehan's ex-wife" and four photos, three of which have Graham in them. Must be annoying.

edit: and the 4th photo is Sharon Horgan!

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: The Guppy on May 11, 2022, 09:26:15 AMI'm glad her profile is rising. If you Google her name you get "writer/Graham Linehan's ex-wife" and four photos, three of which have Graham in them. Must be annoying.

She's a good egg, she doesn't seem to care. Her social media is filled with normal stuff, with a streak of anarchistic humour ... i'm very chuffed she's got a Bafta in her own right and that she can tread out of that banana shadow, as far as the media is concerned.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: The Guppy on May 11, 2022, 09:26:15 AMI'm glad her profile is rising. If you Google her name you get "writer/Graham Linehan's ex-wife" and four photos, three of which have Graham in them. Must be annoying.

That should change soon. There's been a shit load of press photos after the BAFTA win.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 11, 2022, 12:54:24 AMStill the most extraordinary thing about all this to me is that he has no idea how much of a fucking arse he is making of himself.
Just no clue at all.

Because he still believes he's going to have his day of reckoning where he's vindicated and the whole world will apologise to him for being right.

mippy

John Boyne's "cancel culture" novel sounded fucking awful, to be fair.

idunnosomename

The latest bananablog is a relentless display of extreme paranoia against numerous individuals and organisations he thinks are being coerced in part of a big conspiracy he's heroically fighting against, it's incredible anyone can read it and be on his side

Also still clinging on to the idea he and his movement "left-wing". I suppose it could be considered so if you see the omnipotent trans lobby as the establishment with all the liberal media on their right-hand. In cloud plantain land.

JaDanketies

John Boyne sent threatening legal letters to glinnerbane Aidan Comerfort and forced him to do some disingenuous apology and never mention him again, because he was mean about him on the internet.

Ex_GC

It's such an unhealthy way to live. He spends every moment obsessing over trans people and his enemies and who has wronged him

idunnosomename

What could be more bald than writing a paywalled press column about how you're logging off on Thursday. Literally no one cares you egg

BennyHedgehog

The Allison Bailey tribunal is interesting today as they're talking about her claimed drop in income in 2019.

For various reasons too tedious to go over, it looks like the headline figure of billings that show a significant drop is way off, not showing two months of high profile work she would only be able to bill for in 2020.

Her claim also fails to acknowledge three months of absence during that period.

Bailey now emphasises her perception of the change in clerking rather than an actual change in the tribunal Livestream.

If she can't prove an actual loss, it's game over for her.

https://twitter.com/tribunaltweets/status/1524316344149237766

The tone on Mumsnet seems to be shifting from triumphant to claiming even a loss would be a victory as now people will be able to see what a bunch of jerks Stonewall are.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 10:55:39 AMIt's such an unhealthy way to live. He spends every moment obsessing over trans people and his enemies and who has wronged him

I think the latter point is far more important than the former. I honestly don't think he's as obsessed with trans people as he seems. It's just become a stick to beat his enemies with

Ex_GC

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 11, 2022, 11:14:36 AMI think the latter point is far more important than the former. I honestly don't think he's as obsessed with trans people as he seems. It's just become a stick to beat his enemies with

You have a point. Look at the affection he has for Debbie Hayton, for example

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 11, 2022, 11:12:16 AMThe Allison Bailey tribunal is interesting today as they're talking about her claimed drop in income in 2019.

For various reasons too tedious to go over, it looks like the headline figure of billings that show a significant drop is way off, not showing two months of high profile work she would only be able to bill for in 2020.

Her claim also fails to acknowledge three months of absence during that period.

Bailey now emphasises her perception of the change in clerking rather than an actual change in the tribunal Livestream.

If she can't prove an actual loss, it's game over for her.

https://twitter.com/tribunaltweets/status/1524316344149237766

The tone on Mumsnet seems to be shifting from triumphant to claiming even a loss would be a victory as now people will be able to see what a bunch of jerks Stonewall are.

And now seems to be shifting her accusation of bias in clerking to unconscious bias rather than any overt directive from Stonewall or Garden Court.

This seems nuts. Stonewall reduced the cases allocated to her by creating an atmosphere that lead to the clerks unknowingly discriminating against her.

It sounds coo-coo bananas to me. Is anyone with any sort of legal background able to comment on this?

https://twitter.com/tribunaltweets/status/1524333777622810624

shiftwork2

At last, Mark E Smith enters the fray.  It was only a matter of time.

Or at least Linehan assumes he would (if he were not dead) have been appalled by Marc Riley's use of he/him.  Presumably because he was a Northern bloody bloke!  Who would have had any opinion at all on his former band mate from 40 years previously.  Very, very thin manure.

The likeable Riley has 84.5k followers btw.

Ex_GC

He complains when people 'trans the dead' and here he is 'GCing the dead'. I really do hate the way they always say 'this celebrity would never have stood for this'. Unless you knew them personally how can you say for sure? They tried to act like they knew better than Terry Pratchett's daughter

MigraineBoy

And look, there's Moley rushing to agree with his Marc Riley rage in the comments.  Odious little prick.

Knowing Stewart Lee is a massive Fall fan, it's probably given him a Banana Boner to cite Mark E Smith.

frajer

Quote from: Vroomo on May 11, 2022, 12:03:33 PMAnd there's Moley rushing to agree with his Marc Riley rage in the comments.

Ah, the ebullient Moley!

He should do one of his funny pictures about it, doesn't he know they're worth a 1000 words? Well, one word screamed over and over again in his case, but still.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 11, 2022, 01:29:15 AMLet's cheer ourselves up with a lovely picture.

That automatic profile picture filter site is gonna put Birdy Rose out of business

Ex_GC

So wait, all Marc Riley has done is have pronouns in his bio and this has led to being torn apart on the blog and in the comments, is that right?

jobotic

I don't reckon Smith would bother with pronouns. I also don't reckon he'd give a shit if Riley did or not.

I don't know, he's dead and I never knew him.

Fucking guarantee he wouldn't find Linehan any other than laughable though.