Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Vroomo on May 11, 2022, 12:03:33 PMAnd look, there's Moley rushing to agree with his Marc Riley rage in the comments.  Odious little prick.

Knowing Stewart Lee is a massive Fall fan, it's probably given him a Banana Boner to cite Mark E Smith.

That's it.

What's your favourite Mr Man?

Er..Mr Uppity

GC.

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Raspberry Ripple

GC Flavour

etc etc etc

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 11, 2022, 12:10:42 PMThat automatic profile picture filter site is gonna put Birdy Rose out of business

Heh, as if Birdy get business based on her talents :D

The Guppy

Marc Riley is captured? Fuck these TRAs! Give em an inch and they'll take a Lard.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 11, 2022, 11:56:26 AMAt last, Mark E Smith enters the fray.  It was only a matter of time.

Or at least Linehan assumes he would (if he were not dead) have been appalled by Marc Riley's use of he/him.  Presumably because he was a Northern bloody bloke!  Who would have had any opinion at all on his former band mate from 40 years previously.  Very, very thin manure.

The likeable Riley has 84.5k followers btw.

Smith and Riley didn't exactly end up good pals either. It wouldn't be that surprising if Riley put pronouns in his bio just to annoy the imaginary version of  Mark E Smith's ghost Graham made up.

Ex_GC

It's funny how they claim Mark E Smith wouldn't have been trans supportive as he's Northern and working class because a while ago a lot of them were furious that Sleaford Mods are trans supportive. Those famous middle class southerners Sleaford Mods... oh...

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not sure why Smith is some sort of important touchstone in this debate, I'm not aware of him being a bigot but there's plenty of evidence of him being a pretty odd misanthropic bully.

John Boyne

Sebastian Cobb

wrec

Considering Linehan's "I made you!" outbursts, he assumes a transactional relationship existed between MES and Riley, where the latter has to worry about what his former employer *might* think about his actions 40 years after turfing him out of the band.

Anyway, as contrarian and self-contradicting as Smith always was, he worked with Leigh Bowery and Michael Clarke in the 80s when that would have raised eyebrows in indie circles. Also I'm an Instagram follower of the partner he spent his final years with and she's not someone who'd leave a transphobic comment unchallenged.

A personal aside: years ago I very briefly befriended an English guy who was getting into the Fall at the time and came along with me to a gig. He mentioned having watched the Cruiser's Creek video and was very disturbed by Bowery's presence in it. The same evening he shared his detailed theories on Jewish people. We didn't speak again!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

When did I deadname, except for all those times I did, and those people deserved it

Alberon

Transactional relationships is all Linehan understands.

It's the only trans thing he does believe in.

dead-ced-dead

Jesus Christ, Graham is totally lost. "I don't see an apology in there". Fucking bananas!

Ex_GC

From that comment exchange with John Boyne I think it has given us an insight into how he would have reacted towards friends who tried to steer him away from this path

John replied:

There's no apology because none is needed. I'll leave it there as I'm not looking for an ongoing dialogue with you on the subject, I just wanted to clarify that I never "fed you to the wolves", although I understand that you feel differently. Take care.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 12:55:15 PMFrom that comment exchange with John Boyne I think it has given us an insight into how he would have reacted towards friends who tried to steer him away from this path

John replied:

There's no apology because none is needed. I'll leave it there as I'm not looking for an ongoing dialogue with you on the subject, I just wanted to clarify that I never "fed you to the wolves", although I understand that you feel differently. Take care.

Drama in the comments with Cap'n Starky. OMG, IS THIS THE END OF GRAHAM LINEHAN? No, of course not, this will just keep going and going and going.

Ex_GC

'When did I misgender' He misgenders and deadnames on a daily basis on that blog. He recently said he refused to call Katy Montgomerie by her name as 'that's a name stolen from women'. He's a vile loathsome prick

retsuza

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 11, 2022, 12:41:29 PMfucking lol at the first sentence of Glinner's reply.

I genuinely did belly laugh at that. Was not expecting that at all. Why does he expect an apology and what even for hahaha he's such a cunt.

Ex_GC

Quote from: retsuza on May 11, 2022, 01:07:20 PMI genuinely did belly laugh at that. Was not expecting that at all. Why does he expect an apology and what even for hahaha he's such a cunt.

He thinks John Boyne threw him to the wolves. Not sure what the background is there but it's surely obvious that he doesn't need any help in being one of the most hated men in the UK. He does that all by himself

retsuza

Ex_GC

In the same interview he flip flopped from 'they said I misgendered' to 'It's not misgendering, it's correctly sexing'

JamesTC

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 01:14:32 PMIn the same interview he flip flopped from 'they said I misgendered' to 'It's not misgendering, it's correctly sexing'

Yeah, I think that might actually be what he is underhandedly saying.

Ex_GC

Quote from: JamesTC on May 11, 2022, 01:18:28 PMYeah, I think that might actually be what he is underhandedly saying.

Yeah so disingenuous and dishonest

Also LOL at 'because I wanted to keep my Twitter account'. How did that work out for you champ?

retsuza

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 01:06:18 PM'When did I misgender' He misgenders and deadnames on a daily basis on that blog. He recently said he refused to call Katy Montgomerie by her name as 'that's a name stolen from women'. He's a vile loathsome prick

That came to mind for me too about Katy. He's almost implying he thinks she's a sex offender .. just for being trans. He and his fans are so cruel to her and it feels to me part of it is she's effective, funny, well-liked (and they're not).

Amazing how Boyne explains how he cherry picks stories about sex offenders who are trans and his excuse for his actions is that he only talks about trans people who are sex offenders

MigraineBoy

There's another post over on his substack, a Glinner & Dennis Kavanagh collab brought to life by the ever helpful Moley.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 11, 2022, 12:38:06 PM
If I've understood this correctly, Greybum seems to be making the arbitrary rule that Boyne is only allowed to criticise him for Twitter stuff, thereby making Boyne technically wrong for saying he misgendered people. That's pathetically childish (albeit not notably so by BC's standards). And obviously it's a total lie to say he never misgendered people on Twitter in any case.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: retsuza on May 11, 2022, 01:24:32 PMThat came to mind for me too about Katy. He's almost implying he thinks she's a sex offender .. just for being trans.
Now now, be fair. He also deadnames grifters.

pigamus

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 01:06:18 PM'When did I misgender' He misgenders and deadnames on a daily basis on that blog. He recently said he refused to call Katy Montgomerie by her name as 'that's a name stolen from women'. He's a vile loathsome prick

That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard

retsuza

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 11, 2022, 01:28:43 PMNow now, be fair. He also deadnames grifters.

Yeah I would apologise for being a bit unfair there but I genuinely think he was trying to give some plausible deniability there. Grifters is such a wide term that it can be applied to pretty much anyone. It's like "woke", it means whatever the person using it wants it to mean.

And he clearly believes or is trying to push the narrative that trans people are sex offenders or groomers just for transitioning.

He is a vile bigot.

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 11, 2022, 01:27:24 PMIf I've understood this correctly, Greybum seems to be making the arbitrary rule that Boyne is only allowed to criticise him for Twitter stuff, thereby making Boyne technically wrong for saying he misgendered people. That's pathetically childish (albeit not notably so by BC's standards). And obviously it's a total lie to say he never misgendered people on Twitter in any case.

What Boyne doesn't understand is that Graham was behind a force field at the time, and it deflects bullets, and although Boyne can move at infinity miles a second, Graham can do infinity plus one.

Ex_GC

Haha his response to John Boyne:

'go fuck yourself, you careerist coward'

TommyTurnips

Quote from: retsuza on May 11, 2022, 01:40:31 PMWhat Boyne doesn't understand is that Graham was behind a force field at the time, and it deflects bullets, and although Boyne can move at infinity miles a second, Graham can do infinity plus one.

And Graham had his fingers crossed behind his back the whole time. Jinx, no comebacks.