Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elfking

Ah, dang, they sussed it out. The Trans World Order is kidnapping black women to harvest their wombs and put them in men who are just getting off on it.

retsuza

Bit off topic but it's a trans positive post.

I was reminded one of my favourite 2010s youtuber who interviewed people and was very funny.

She was gone for a long time and that was normal for that type of youtuber who just disappears at some point for whatever reason. You can't keep doing that exact same thing on YouTube for more than a decade.

She ended up coming back last year with the explainer of why she'd been gone

https://youtu.be/cGgVoqr78gk

Surprise gender transition story. And she is still very funny, she has a very personal and interesting story.

idunnosomename

to be fair I don't think the racecar bed is totally from us, other places have come up with it independently

although it's not really apt now he's not in a Bachelor Arms anymore, but a fucking penthouse in Norwich city centre

filthytrans

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 11, 2022, 11:24:41 PMto be fair I don't think the racecar bed is totally from us, other places have come up with it independently

although it's not really apt now he's not in a Bachelor Arms anymore, but a fucking penthouse in Norwich city centre
Yeah, I've seen a load of trans people on Twitter using the racecar bed joke against him. Guess we have to stop now he's used it himself...

idunnosomename

I mean it doesn't work now because he's not a disenfranchised divorced dad like Kirk van Houten. he's an aggressive leader of a conservative cult who actually isn't short of money at all

Ferris

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 09:31:22 PMJohn Boyne is now the subject of a totally balanced and reasonable blog post

'John, I'm sure your name will become synonymous with the cowardice and careerism that has marked this era, but beyond that I wish you nothing but the obscurity that is the long-term reward of all mediocre authors.

Go to hell. And take care.'

Is that real?!

I'd consider that a bit broad for partridge.

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 12, 2022, 12:20:57 AMI mean it doesn't work now because he's not a disenfranchised divorced dad like Kirk van Houten. he's an aggressive leader of a conservative cult who actually isn't short of money at all

True, (and I've mentioned it a few times already) but the satisfaction I get every time I see someone I don't know refer to him as "bananas" on a platform I don't use has been great, because as far as I'm aware that's 100% CaB (and 100% one of mine).

(Maybe not, who knows - the internet is a big place. If he's reading, I don't think I can be sued on the basis of using the term bananas to describe someone what has gone bananas, m'lud.)

Mister Six

Quote from: Ferris on May 12, 2022, 01:15:13 AMTrue, (and I've mentioned it a few times already) but the satisfaction I get every time I see someone I don't know refer to him as "bananas" on a platform I don't use has been great, because as far as I'm aware that's 100% CaB (and 100% one of mine).

(Maybe not, who knows - the internet is a big place. If he's reading, I don't think I can be sued on the basis of using the term bananas to describe someone what has gone bananas, m'lud.)

The beautiful thing is that not only is calling him bananas defensible as your own opinion, it's also outright provable with his behaviour over the last few years.

Besides, what's he going to sue for? Damage to his reputation or income? You'd just point out that he destroyed both all by himself and the case would be found in your favour in about 15 minutes.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 11, 2022, 03:58:52 PMIt's because he was never cancelled, he just stopped doing his job. JK Rowling (JK Rowling) maybe a bananacunt too, but she does take a break every so often to write a book or movie.
You say that but it'll be interesting to see what her work rate is for the next couple of years given her recent transition to more full-time social media bigotry and point-scoring dopamine mining.

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 11, 2022, 07:05:48 PMWow. King of women Graham Linehan does it again guys. Remember, if you meet a lady and you are unsure if she's a lesbian, just look for the short hair. That's the giveaway tell tale sign.

Of the women I know, the one with the longest hair - of quite astounding length - is gay-and-a-half.

Her wife's hair is also not short

The Late Satoru Iwata

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Ferris on May 12, 2022, 01:15:13 AMTrue, (and I've mentioned it a few times already) but the satisfaction I get every time I see someone I don't know refer to him as "bananas" on a platform I don't use has been great, because as far as I'm aware that's 100% CaB (and 100% one of mine).

Ex_GC

Quote from: Ferris on May 12, 2022, 01:11:24 AMIs that real?!

I'd consider that a bit broad for partridge.

It's a direct quote from the SGB!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

QuoteThat is a very long comment and I don't see the apology in there.

Fucking brilliant.  Sod you naysayers, Graham's still got some comedy chops!

pigamus

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 11, 2022, 09:31:22 PM'John, I'm sure your name will become synonymous with the cowardice and careerism that has marked this era, but beyond that I wish you nothing but the obscurity that is the long-term reward of all mediocre authors.

Joanne Rowling, for instance

idunnosomename

The irony is that J.K. Rowling says nice things about trans people and tries to keep her rhetoric civil, and that really, she fits all the characteristics of a Graham Linehan "careerist".

If she ever acknowledged him it would be an exact second his heart rips in two moment.

Ralph

frajer

From PotterWiki:

The character of 'Ralph' is notable for being the only one that failed writer and accomplished dickhead Graham Linehan can remember and, upon checking, doesn't actually exist in the Potterverse.

canadagoose

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 12, 2022, 11:08:46 AMThe irony is that J.K. Rowling says nice things about trans people and tries to keep her rhetoric civil, and that really, she fits all the characteristics of a Graham Linehan "careerist".

If she ever acknowledged him it would be an exact second his heart rips in two moment.

Ralph
*said. She's going down the GC spiral pretty quickly. I bet you she'll be shouting "GROOMERS! NONCES! WOMEN-ERASERS!" at random passers-by in Barnton by November.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: canadagoose on May 12, 2022, 11:18:23 AM*said. She's going down the GC spiral pretty quickly. I bet you she'll be shouting "GROOMERS! NONCES! WOMEN-ERASERS!" at random passers-by in Barnton by November*.

*The window of her mansion.

superthunderstingcar

"O Genie of the Lamp, I wish to avoid the obscurity that is the long-term reward of all mediocre authors."

"Your wish is my command."

"No, not like that, Johnny of the Lamp. Beard!"

Kankurette

Calling a woman a dyke because she has short hair? Telling on yourself there, Greybum. My mum's hair is way shorter than mine, but only one of us is attracted to women and it isn't her. Unless my dad and both my stepdads were beards all along.

Barry Admin

According to Linehan, gay people are not allowed to reclaim the word "queer", but he's allowed to ask women if they are "dykes."

Not even his first time using the word actually:

Similarly, it's wrong for trans activists to refer to "terfs", but it's fine for Linehan to try and flog t-shirts with the phrase plastered all over it.

Ex_GC

They say that TERF is a slur but it's a term that radical feminists came up with

Kankurette

How is it even a slur? It's just saying that they're radical feminists who exclude trans women, which is completely accurate.

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 12, 2022, 12:30:32 PMThey say that TERF is a slur but it's a term that radical feminists came up with

Also they're allowed to use it because they are 'reclaiming the slur'

Ex_GC

So they're reclaiming a term they came up with in the first place. Ha. It reminds me of how they made up the term 'transwomen'. GL said in his substack that a new years resolution is not to use transwoman. They made up a term and then decided it shouldn't be used

Kankurette

You mean like when LGBT people call themselves queer and Mumsnetters get in a flap about it?

retsuza

Graham "I don't hate trans people" Linehan: The only concessions I'll give trans people is complete exlclusion so that they eventually go away forever.

Ex_GC

A 'fad'. Jesus, does he think Debbie Hayton is a 'fad'. In his deranged post to John Boyne yesterday he spoke about knowing loads of trans people (trans people who agree with me), does he think they are fads too? Imagine saying that people being gay is a fad