Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filthytrans

In accordance with clowns wishes during the tribunal the other day, I will now be using the pronoun "clown/clowns/clownself" to refer to Glinner and I hope clowns happy.

Mindy Simmons

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"oh i can't wait for the masterful comedy graham will produce when this is all over" Please. If Graham was a comedy genius, masterful satirist joke man, he'd have an ongoing written series on his griefstack (or maybe on that Patreon that's been gathering dust for ten fucking months) skewering the ridiculosity of the TRAs. Come on Graham, come up with a few strawmen your heroic King of Feminists character can mercilessly tear asunder every week. Come on, you lazy fuck. You could fleece these old ratbags for even more pension money.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 12, 2022, 08:00:22 PM"oh i can't wait for the masterful comedy graham will produce when this is all over" Please. If Graham was a comedy genius, masterful satirist joke man, he'd have an ongoing written series on his griefstack (or maybe on that Patreon that's been gathering dust for ten fucking months) skewering the ridiculosity of the TRAs. Come on Graham, come up with a few strawmen your heroic King of Feminists character can mercilessly tear asunder every week. Come on, you lazy fuck. You could fleece these old ratbags for even more pension money.

Let me guess what the three leads of the show will be:

The grumpy Irish one
The silly comic relief one
The woman one (only defining characteristic is she is a woman)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 12, 2022, 08:10:19 PMLet me guess what the three leads of the show will be:

The grumpy Irish one
oh jeeping fuck he's trying to recreate the IT crowd on his sadvlogs isn't he

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 12, 2022, 08:26:41 PMoh jeeping fuck he's trying to recreate the IT crowd on his sadvlogs isn't he

And The IT Crowd was just a rehash of the archetypes from Black Books - Manny - silly, Bernard - Irish, Fran - actually a lot more than just "woman one", but it was co-written by a much better writer.

retsuza

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 12, 2022, 08:00:22 PM"oh i can't wait for the masterful comedy graham will produce when this is all over" Please. If Graham was a comedy genius, masterful satirist joke man, he'd have an ongoing written series on his griefstack (or maybe on that Patreon that's been gathering dust for ten fucking months) skewering the ridiculosity of the TRAs. Come on Graham, come up with a few strawmen your heroic King of Feminists character can mercilessly tear asunder every week. Come on, you lazy fuck. You could fleece these old ratbags for even more pension money.

There's just so much going on so he can't divide his attention. It's a full time job being SGB Editor in Chief. It's hard work deciding what to copy and paste or letting JL put something up.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 12, 2022, 08:26:41 PMoh jeeping fuck he's trying to recreate the IT crowd on his sadvlogs isn't he

He did say in the Poker sponsored by Just Eat livestream that he based Roy on himself.

Staniland is actually a programmer at least so he couldn't find the tech illiterate moronic woman stereotype he wanted. Well at least not tech illiterate.

Quote from: retsuza on May 12, 2022, 08:38:42 PMStaniland is actually a programmer at least so he couldn't find the tech illiterate moronic woman stereotype he wanted. Well at least not tech illiterate.

10 PRINT "PENIS"
20 GOTO 10

phantom_power

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 12, 2022, 04:45:18 PM

That is because "Gender Critical" people aren't in any way coherent with their beliefs. They say and do things that are very gender-conforming, like criticising women with facial hair or coloured hair or one that dress too provocatively or wear coloured nail polish while wearing police uniform for a photo shoot. If they directed any of that at cis women they would look like utter ghouls so why shouldn't the same apply to trans women (no need to answer that, obv)

Alberon

TommyTurnips

This time it'll be called the GC crowd. Two nerdy rad fems and the woman are forced to work in a basement for their gender critical beliefs. *phone rings* hello GC have you tried turning off replies? Well try removing pronouns from the bio! I find them offensive. *slams phone down*

I mean, it practically writes itself.

canadagoose

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 12, 2022, 09:49:29 PMThis time it'll be called the GC crowd. Two nerdy rad fems and the woman are forced to work in a basement for their gender critical beliefs. *phone rings* hello GC have you tried turning off replies? Well try removing pronouns from the bio! I find them offensive. *slams phone down*

I mean, it practically writes itself.
I mean, if I could write comedy, I'd write that. It's gold TommyTurnips, gold!

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 12, 2022, 08:10:19 PMLet me guess what the three leads of the show will be:

The grumpy Irish one

Will the woman one go on a date with a closeted gay man who likes musicals and things that are fabulous?

FalknerHinton

QuoteSo excited to hear about the Queen's speech removing gender identity from conversion therapy ban. :) Also, JK Rowling is a Luciferian, and as much as I agree with her on this issue (to the point of printing hundreds of her letters and distributing them at my own cost to many people), she worships Satan and I think that's important for people to know this is a fact - ultimately. Look into these people and what is they underbelly of their entire philosophy. Her ability to gain a load of followers calling her 'queen' is part of her glory here on earth, while also 'do what thou whilst' could mean anything really. Not to mention her platforms are completely protected, in part because she is very wealthy, but she's wealthy and protected because she is part of an 'elite-Luciferian club' also. (Keeping it real don't hate)

One of Graham's new friends in the comments on the latest SGB post. Will he delete this terrible libel against his idol JK Rowling (JK Rowling)? Only time will tell...

TommyTurnips

Quote from: canadagoose on May 12, 2022, 09:53:18 PMI mean, if I could write comedy, I'd write that. It's gold TommyTurnips, gold!

I wish I could write comedy, unfortunately I am a failed comedy writer so woe is me.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 12, 2022, 10:37:05 PMWill the woman one go on a date with a closeted gay man who likes musicals and things that are fabulous?

Yeah, beat for beat that plotline is exactly the same in Black Books and IT Crowd, isn't it? Down to her telling him that he's gay, him initially denying it and then crying and thanking her for helping him to stop living a lie.
Is it a plotline in Seinfeld, by any chance?

Famous Mortimer

*Couple goes on date*

*One spends the entire date policing who goes in and out of the toilet*

*Other one is fine because stopping people from having a wee is the most important thing in life*

Sonny_Jim

Anyone who had Jon Ronson on their bingo card, strike it off:

I've just realised that Jon Ronson has been on Joe Rogan podcast twice and that absolutely must boil Glinners piss.

mr. logic

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 12, 2022, 07:10:23 PMHard to believe how stupid they all are at times:

That's from the John Boyne blog, where Linehan showed precisely what would happen if someone like Matt Lucas did actually apologise to him. I.e. he would not accept, because there is more "power' in saying "no...grovel more."

Then the glincels also have this cringey shared delusion that he's gonna write a brilliant comedy about the whole thing "after it's over".

And the above is all that he actually wants; it's not about the rights of women and girls, it's about being worshipped for an ideal you don't and can't even live up to.

Why did Lucas apologise?

Ex_GC

Reading that message to Matt Lucas again sent shivers down my spine

buttgammon

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 13, 2022, 12:59:53 AMYeah, beat for beat that plotline is exactly the same in Black Books and IT Crowd, isn't it? Down to her telling him that he's gay, him initially denying it and then crying and thanking her for helping him to stop living a lie.
Is it a plotline in Seinfeld, by any chance?

Yes, in an episode called The Beard (although Elaine knows the man is gay, she does it as a favour for him and ends up becoming attracted to him).

The Guppy

Quote from: buttgammon on May 13, 2022, 07:49:40 AMYes, in an episode called The Beard (although Elaine knows the man is gay, she does it as a favour for him and ends up becoming attracted to him).
That's the one episode Graham refuses to watch.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Fucking hell I'd forgotten about the Matt lucas thing. Presumably Lucas had the sense to just ignore it but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out the police had a word and spooked Linehan out of ever mentioning it again. That's just unhinged.

Ex_GC

What's even more shocking is that he actually proudly posted about that message. He didn't for one second see how it is unhinged, he's full of self righteous anger

phantom_power

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 09:50:43 AMWhat's even more shocking is that he actually proudly posted about that message. He didn't for one second see how it is unhinged, he's full of self righteous anger

And bananas

wrec

A Prosecco Stormfronter has suggested PWR (PoWeR) as an alternative to GC (a term which they think "Maya got protected"). Why not go for Koncerned Karing Kriticals altogether.

Ex_GC

Quote from: wrec on May 13, 2022, 09:58:15 AMA Prosecco Stormfronter has suggested PWR (PoWeR) as an alternative to GC (a term which they think "Maya got protected"). Why not go for Koncerned Karing Kriticals altogether.

They don't realise how bananas they sound to the rest of the world

superthunderstingcar

"Why do you keep changing the name of your movement?"

"Our enemies keep calling us by the last name we chose for ourselves, and it's making us look bad."