Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:44:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 13, 2022, 12:22:37 PMI guess it just isn't the way I view money. Probably a repulsion of the Tories pretending that if you add £1bn to the social care budget then the money literally evaporates, never to be seen again, rather than that it supports the social care industry and all of its employees to the tune of £1bn, all of whom pay tax and spend their income in other businesses, which also pay tax. I like to envision the money sticking around for someone else to use.

You're right, but it goes without saying that the Angry Donor in question isn't viewing the money in this way. To them, that £500 has a very specific destination and this was the one they wanted it to have.

Quote from: phantom_power on May 13, 2022, 10:58:54 AMThe size of text on that is all fucked as well isn't it. The main text from Wheaton should be large and his responses should follow in smaller text or italics. There is no need for numbered bullets either. He really is shit at everything
The idea that his enemy's thoughts are small and in italics while his are big and in bold is pretty accurate summary of his mental state.

frajer

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on May 13, 2022, 01:16:43 PMThe idea that his enemy's thoughts are small and in italics while his are big and in bold is pretty accurate summary of his mental state.

These thoughts are small, these thoughts are faraway.

Alberon

Linehan's only hope backing away?

From the Torygraph.

QuoteThe billionaire wrote in a tweet: "Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5pc of users."

Shares in Twitter crashed as much as 25pc in pre-market trading, with its market value set to plunge even further below Musk's $54.20 offer.

Neil Campling, an analyst at Mirabaud Equity Research, said the company's board had been "held hostage" and described Musk's manoeuvres as "nothing short of farcical".

There's been growing worries among investors that the Tesla founder's bid for Twitter won't go through due to the significant financial and political exposure linked to the deal.

Could be just an attempt to drive the price down or Musk could be stepping away.

phantom_power

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on May 13, 2022, 01:16:43 PMThe idea that his enemy's thoughts are small and in italics while his are big and in bold is pretty accurate summary of his mental state.

And with the bullet numbering all over the shop

JamesTC

Dr Rock

Quote from: retsuza on May 12, 2022, 01:34:46 PMA favourite of mine that I can't remember is from here or Twitter is Julia Hartley-Brewer being referred to as Fartley-Pooer.

Me too, I believe. I got skills.

retsuza

Quote from: JamesTC on May 13, 2022, 02:12:25 PMAww, looks like it is back to Gettr for Glinner.

Doesn't satisfy his itch though does it? There isnt any enemies there to tell to shut up and to fuck off. Instead he just does it behind his @GrahamLinehan7 locked account where the person is not even going to see the response. Old Man Yells at Cloud.

JamesTC

Quote from: retsuza on May 13, 2022, 02:24:59 PMDoesn't satisfy his itch though does it? There isnt any enemies there to tell to shut up and to fuck off. Instead he just does it behind his @GrahamLinehan7 locked account where the person is not even going to see the response. Old Man Yells at Cloud.

Old man yells at cloud from locked room that the cloud must specifically request the key for.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 13, 2022, 02:23:10 PMMe too, I believe. I got skills.

How about 'Allison Payme'? Not very good that one. If only her name sounded like bare-faced bigoted grifter...

Ex_GC

Quote from: retsuza on May 13, 2022, 02:24:59 PMDoesn't satisfy his itch though does it? There isnt any enemies there to tell to shut up and to fuck off. Instead he just does it behind his @GrahamLinehan7 locked account where the person is not even going to see the response. Old Man Yells at Cloud.

His engagement on Gettr was either 1. Sian 2. GC women who dislike him or mostly 3. Shitposts winding him up. Hilarious

Barry Admin

I'm trying to work out if there are any parallels for Linehan. I've said before that I think he'll go down in history being reviled as the new Anita Bryant, and he does use some of her methods, but that doesn't seem to cover it.

It's the fact he 1) so palpably doesn't give a shit about the "issues" and 2) dedicates his time to methodically frightening the minority he claims to want to protect. (E.g. "I write about the current all-out assault on woman's rights".)

I can only really think of cult leaders like Jim Jones.

Kankurette

I can see some parallels with Matt Le Tissier, though I don't know if Le Tissier's alienated his family yet. Both of them continued to double down on their pet obsessions, both have far right supporters, both lost work because of it (Le Tissier resigned as Southampton's ambassador, although I'm not sure if he lost the Sky pundit gig because of his beliefs).

Ferris

Quote from: Alberon on May 13, 2022, 02:07:17 PMLinehan's only hope backing away?

From the Torygraph.

Could be just an attempt to drive the price down or Musk could be stepping away.

Quote from: Ferris on May 05, 2022, 12:38:33 AMIt's due an absolute reckoning. They've got in shit in the past for including "automated" (bot) accounts in their usage stats, and I genuinely know 2 people who actually use it. I've said it before, but same for Facebook - nobody uses it. You can't claim billions of active users if it's a ghost town.

They still have value as platforms, but nothing like the imagined value they have now...

By 2025 fb and twitter will be worth 20% of what they are now, a similar fall to MySpace. I'm convinced that's why the twitter board sold up - probably couldn't believe their luck that some dipshit chud turned up with more money than conventional business sense.

Bookmark it.

Suspect this is the beginning of the end for twitter. They'll have to reveal their usage stats, everyone will be taken aback (larrydavidfaint.gif) that it's 40% bots and sell up, and the company will go down the shitter.

It bases its value on a kind of "we are the public space, everyone is here and using it!" and when the emperor is revealed to have no clothes people will leave because who wants to be on a loser platform?

JamesTC

Dr Rock

Jim Jones had followers, Glinner's lost most of his. Anita Bryant is pretty close.

https://www.them.us/story/anita-bryant-lesbian-granddaughter

QuoteAnita Bryant Devoted Her Life to Terrorizing LGBTQ+ People.

She also had a fairly successful career (as a singer) before devoting her life to being a nutty bigot.

Pimhole

Anita Bryant never spent most of her time lashing out at perceived personal slights and endlessly stewing over a list of Enemies, to be fair.

Dr Rock

mtpromises

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 03:16:32 PMThat has to be someone taking the piss surely?
Most likely it's an American.  As the issue picks up traction with America's right, I'd expect more crazy to filter in.

Some Americans already here include:
  • SmokinFeds the neo-nazi.
  • Atwistedfemale talks about her life like it's the 90's movie Juice and she is often "strapped".
  • VF555, between fucking all the bitches, takes selfies with knives.

Ex_GC

Quote from: mtpromises on May 13, 2022, 03:46:31 PMMost likely it's an American.  As the issue picks up traction with America's right, I'd expect more crazy to filter in.

Some Americans already here include:
  • SmokinFeds the neo-nazi.
  • Atwistedfemale talks about her life like it's the 90's movie Juice and she is often "strapped".
  • VF555, between fucking all the bitches, takes selfies with knives.

Lovely people

BennyHedgehog

I think it might be real, this is their substack profile:

https://substack.com/profile/29379429-believer

He's exhausted the supply of GC twitter zealots so now has to look to maniacs for new readers

Barry Admin

Also seems that the Luciferian thing has been going for a while, and there's a lot of talk about how Harry Potter was an attempt at getting kids into satanism .

Ex_GC

Does the fact that he's now cheek to cheek with far right homophobes and bigots ever bother him? Or does he even have enough self awareness for that

phes

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 04:07:02 PMDoes the fact that he's now cheek to cheek with far right homophobes and bigots ever bother him? Or does he even have enough self awareness for that

No, they are united about this one thing and apparently that means it's fine for Graham Linehan

Graham Linehan remained silent about the goals of his bedfellows because it suited his melted brain 

Ex_GC

GC leaders also know the right things to say to GC people who are uneasy about allying with such types. Don't worry, they'll say,this is not an issue of left or right, this affects women at all ends of the political spectrum, it unites all women

Dr Rock

Quote from: Gabriel ManigaultThe enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 13, 2022, 05:07:02 PMGC leaders also know the right things to say to GC people who are uneasy about allying with such types. Don't worry, they'll say, this is not an issue of left or right, this affects women at all ends of the political spectrum, it unites all women

The Mumsnet Mantra.

It's incredible seeing FWR promoting defending right wing media/personalities/opinions/parties in there day after day.

Ex_GC

And they'll say 'I've been left wing my whole life'. Ok so the right have been wrong on marriage equality, wrong on reproductive rights etc but they just happen to be right on this thing? What are the odds!