Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: maizebasedsnack on May 13, 2022, 10:05:41 PMLove that Sian copied this for BC but left out your comment. She knows it would be too much for him.

Also, hi Sian *waves*

Sian, show him that Jon Ronson clip 👍

Cold Meat Platter

"...I'm going to make a lot of people uncomfortable" oh you're already there, mate, just not for the reason you think.

Mister Six

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 13, 2022, 10:53:31 PM"...I'm going to make a lot of people uncomfortable" oh you're already there, mate, just not for the reason you think.
I'M NAMING NAMES

Graham you do that on your griefblog anyway, like a fucking psychopath

is this you admitting that nobody reads your piece of shitstack except True Believers and morbidly fascinated cunts like us?

QDRPHNC

Matt Berry:  "I don't condone anything that that comedy portrayed, you know? I don't share any views that the writer has."

Damage. Limitation.

Cold Meat Platter

Pretty sure someone on here said they were at a recording of House of Fools and either Vic or Bob used the word tr**ny and Matt Berry pulled them up on it. So he's talking from his fundament again.

Jumblegraws

Wonder why Matt Berry's one of the "good people" when he hasn't been any more publicly supportive of Glin-Glan than all the other former friends he sneers about?

Barry Admin

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 14, 2022, 12:49:55 AMWonder why Matt Berry's one of the "good people" when he hasn't been any more publicly supportive of Glin-Glan than all the other former friends he sneers about?

I thought he'd been genuinely skilful, positioning himself in a deferential way that didn't challenge or annoy Linehan at all so he could escape his wrath and not be bothered again.

But when I said that before, the common consensus was that Linehan just didn't want to risk harming relations with Athur Mathews.

Potential Pope Ted money must surely be enormous, as you then had Mathews coming out and saying he didn't think Linehan was a bigot.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2022, 12:55:00 AMI thought he'd been genuinely skilful, positioning himself in a deferential way that didn't challenge or annoy Linehan at all so he could escape his wrath and not be bothered again.
But the bar he seems to set for everyone else is "publicly support me or you're a bad person", which Berry didn't clear. And he comes perilously close to criticising Linehan and thus becoming a fully-fledged entry on the enemies list alongside Lee, Lucas et al.

Sonny_Jim

Does the 'heart by Author' indicate they've liked their own post?  I mean, I shouldn't be astonished by how petty these people can be, but there you go.

mtpromises

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2022, 12:55:00 AMI thought he'd been genuinely skilful, positioning himself in a deferential way that didn't challenge or annoy Linehan at all so he could escape his wrath and not be bothered again.

That's exactly the way it sounded when Graham related his phone call to Matt on The Mess.  Since Matt didn't tell him to "fuck off" I'm sure BC's twisted it in his mind to agreement.

Here's the phone call to Matt: https://youtu.be/wiObTayUULw?t=3643

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Alberon on May 13, 2022, 10:39:55 PMPart of what fucked Linehan up so bad was being an early adopter of Twitter at the height of his fame.

And for a while it brought him new celebrity that just being a celebrated writer could never bring.

Appearances on HIGNFY etc.

A good counter example would be Rob Delaney, who similarly adopted Twitter early and rode it to celebrity (enough that he had that embarrassing bomb as a comedian slot on an American talk show).

But the difference is Delaney didn't go bananas and was smart enough to keep the train going until it landed him writing and acting gigs.

Here's Graham apologising to alt-right grifter Ian Miles Cheong.

RicoMNKN

I wondered what Graham's favourite Trumpy anti-abortionist has said about him in the past...

Sian - please forward to BC.  I'm sure Ian will happily apologise back, as he and Graham are very reasonable feminists and not just bananas egomaniacs.

wrec

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 14, 2022, 01:22:59 AMBut the bar he seems to set for everyone else is "publicly support me or you're a bad person", which Berry didn't clear. And he comes perilously close to criticising Linehan and thus becoming a fully-fledged entry on the enemies list alongside Lee, Lucas et al.

His reasons for condemning people or otherwise are less than logical and consistent anyway. He has the power to decide who's a traitor and will be found guilty in his fantasy show trial, and subsequently forced by rule of law to apologise to him, as they're blacklisted by the newly enlightened utopian society he will establish. The few people he still likes get a reprieve. It wouldn't be in the spirit of this hysterical vengeful fantasy to have coherent rules.

shoulders

Quote from: maizebasedsnack on May 13, 2022, 10:05:41 PMLove that Sian copied this for BC but left out your comment. She knows it would be too much for him.

Also, hi Sian *waves*

Only God can smite him

JaDanketies

Matt Berry was definitely more impolite and strident in his disagreements than Jon Ronson, who seemed harried by Linehan more than staunchly opposed to his transphobia. There's definitely a hidden reason why Matt Berry is avoiding his flaccid rage.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 14, 2022, 07:25:38 AMHere's Graham apologising to alt-right grifter Ian Miles Cheong.

Makes sense. The ants have devoured both their brains.

Matt Berry is a pretty private guy. I follow a comedian on Instagram who was having a birthday party recently and Berry appeared in a few photos surrounded by friends, having a pretty normal life. No grief blogs, no second official Twitter account he has to lock. I imagine he does what most people off Twitter and have a normal life do when an angry friend or relative pulls them in to this issue - admit they don't have enough information on their particular point of view and fuck off as quickly as possible.

ajsmith2

Did Glinner really delete his account in late 2017? Wonder why if so. As much as it's hard to find anything even tangentially positive to say about Glin these days, IMC was definitely cluelessly miles out in his attempt to link that into the Weinstein/Metoo stuff.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 14, 2022, 07:25:38 AM

"I have no confidence that was the right thing to do" - lmao he's still pushing this bollocks.

It's absolutely transparent that he's still hoping to segue into some kind of alt-right grifter, so he can get more attention and access to more people's state pensions.

So he's still trying to push this ludicrous narrative that everything he knew before he "got into the gender identity fight" was wrong, as an excuse to embrace more and more right-wing shit, and enourage them to start retweeting his transphobic bigotry when he unlocks his account. The absolute desperation. He really, really wants some of Ian Cheong's 300k followers.

Dr Rock

Sonny_Jim

See, look!  I can apologise!  I can admit when I'm wrong!

Ex_GC

If he really had a genuine burning desire to apologise I'm sure he could have sent a DM but the fact that he wanted his followers to tweet a screenshot shows he absolutely wants a slice of Ian's following

BennyHedgehog

I think it's nice he's taken the time apologise to a twitter blue tick who's recently started a YT channel that already has twice the reach of Graham's.

I'm sure there's no ulterior motive here and he just wants to do the right thing

Ex_GC

He's deluded if he thinks the far right crew want anything to do with him. Jordan Peterson can get away with crying on camera but GL can't. As someone pointed out here he is too incompetent and uncharismatic even for them

In addition to streamlining the banana timeline, should I add a bit to the next thread called "Glinvisionist History"? You know, "Gamergate was actually about young men standing up against cancel culture", "I don't know why I was banned from Twitter", "My wife left because of TRAs calling the police on me and telling lies" etc.? Basically any time he lies/changes his story about something major. Or is that too much?