Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

It's up to you really, but tracking his lies seems like a fairly epic task.

KM posted this herself and if there is one place on the internet that knows about hairlines it's here.

retsuza

So fucking pathetic to apologize to Ian Miles Cheong, desperate attempt to siphon followers and grovel to reactionaries. Graham get it into your thick fucking skull that they're going to hate you no matter what because you think feminism is good.

There is a lot I could say about Ian Miles Cheong but his old chat logs are always worth bringing up

open in a new tab for larger image

This is a guy who makes Attack Helicopter jokes and then turns out he's a Malaysian-Chinese person who identifies as white.

Pimhole

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 14, 2022, 01:53:06 PMKM posted this herself and if there is one place on the internet that knows about hairlines it's here.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 14, 2022, 01:53:06 PMKM posted this herself and if there is one place on the internet that knows about hairlines it's here.

That's made me miserable. It's always rotten to see cis women joining in with transmisogny. KM's full response is worth copying in I think:

QuoteI never normally bother commenting on these because it's beneath me, but I want to show you how transphobia is detached from reality

This cis woman called me "receding hairline" despite obviously that not being the case, but whilst having a slightly higher hairline than me

It doesn't matter what you look like, that isn't why they are saying it. They say things like this because they've been taught to say things like this to trans women and so they do. Doesn't have to make sense. It's just the insult you say to trans women to feel superior

There's nothing wrong with women who have high or low hairlines, or women with alopecia, or bald women. Some cis women are bald, some trans women are bald. So what

She's neither better or worse than me because of her hairline. But she is trying to enforce a world where the hairline of women contributes to their value, but is so confident and unthinking in feeling superior to trans women that she didn't even look to see if it was a self own

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2022, 02:30:45 PMThat's made me miserable. It's always rotten to see cis women joining in with transmisogny.

Yeah, I don't know how she takes it day in, day out, MN do it a lot too - it's simply bullying.

Mister Six

Quote from: RicoMNKN on May 14, 2022, 08:14:16 AMI wondered what Graham's favourite Trumpy anti-abortionist has said about him in the past...

Sian - please forward to BC.  I'm sure Ian will happily apologise back, as he and Graham are very reasonable feminists and not just bananas egomaniacs.

I don't know this Ian Miles Cheong guy, but is he pro-trans? He kind of sounds it there.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Mister Six on May 14, 2022, 04:30:32 PMI don't know this Ian Miles Cheong guy, but is he pro-trans? He kind of sounds it there.

I'm thinking that he's "reasonable concerns" where there's an acceptable level of transphobia, of which Glinner is far beyond. Perhaps saying that "trans women are women but they're not as womeny as cis women, who were raised having the woman experience."

When I first encountered the 'debate', I used to think, "perhaps there is a discussion to be had about something tangentially related to what these guys are talking about, but I strongly believe anyone who thinks Glinner is okay should definitely not be a part of this hypothetical discussion." Which doesn't sound too far removed from what this alt-right guy is saying.

Mister Six

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 14, 2022, 04:43:22 PMI'm thinking that he's "reasonable concerns" where there's an acceptable level of transphobia, of which Glinner is far beyond. Perhaps saying that "trans women are women but they're not as womeny as cis women, who were raised having the woman experience."

When I first encountered the 'debate', I used to think, "perhaps there is a discussion to be had about something tangentially related to what these guys are talking about, but I strongly believe anyone who thinks Glinner is okay should definitely not be a part of this hypothetical discussion." Which doesn't sound too far removed from what this alt-right guy is saying.

Even then, he seems to acknowledge that thinking "trans women [are] claiming to own [cis] women's experiences" is de facto transphobic, which is surprising.

Ex_GC

GL is so transparent. People on his side have mildly criticised him and they're now on his list of 'arch enemies' (Helen Lewis, John Boyne, etc.) IMC called him far worse than anything those people have said (a nasty piece of work) and GL ends up 'apologising unreservedly' to him? It just goes to show he is the sort of person who is nice and courteous towards those he thinks can offer him an advantage. Utterly lacking in character and moral fibre

Barry Admin

Quote from: Mister Six on May 14, 2022, 04:30:32 PMI don't know this Ian Miles Cheong guy, but is he pro-trans? He kind of sounds it there.

A quick Google seems to suggest he's got more hardcore since those 2018 screenshots, but can't say for sure. He got a lot of retweets for shit like Wii Spa, so yeah, totally a transactional apology from Linehan.

Ex_GC

No mention of that Jon Ronson clip on the SGB today but he did post this

"Why do people like Jon Ronson and Aisling Bea pretend they can't see this?"

What has Aisling Bea ever done to him?!

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 14, 2022, 05:52:47 PMAnd she's attractive and successful

and Irish.

She had a mention back in July 21 on the SGB, plus another random 'list' mention

Alsoshe was lined up to be in this

What happened to Adam Buxton and Graham Linehan's sci-fi sitcom 'The Cloud?'

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=70747.0

mtpromises

Quote from: ajsmith2 on May 14, 2022, 10:13:19 AMDid Glinner really delete his account in late 2017? Wonder why if so.

In delicious irony, BC quit because he felt Twitter wasn't banning blue ticked people who are bigots.  And North Korea.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171016003350/https://medium.com/@glinner/goodbye-toilet-town-576cbcae1615

JamesTC

This came up in the search too, dressed as handmaid(en)s back in 2018

mtpromises

Arty is back with his solo cast.  I feel not enough credit is given to the little fella for starting The Mess in the first place.  But I'll let BC worry about who gets what credit.

Arty has detrans du jour on, Shape Shifter.  Apparently they were known for their own videos and Exluansic doing "critical" videos of them.  I'd never heard of them myself, but they're hitting everything hard right now.  I'd be surprised if they weren't trotted out on the SGB or Mess.

Shape Shifter talked about the book they plan on writing called "Escaping the 41%".  SS actually implies she's not going to escape the 41%.  Arty doesn't push back at all, usually terfs jump up and down screaming that number isn't real.

SS comes off as pretty disingenuous, talking about not wanting to be famous or public, but making a YouTube channel where they talked about some pretty private stuff.  And you know, bragging about a  book they haven't written with a super provocative title.  Their publicity tour is supposed to continue on massive asshole, Benjamin Boyce's channel.

PlanktonSideburns

Morty looks about 2 foot tall there, like some sort of evil gnome

Cold Meat Platter

See the little goblin
See his little feet
And his little nosey-wose
Isn't the goblin sweet

Juan K Perros

Helen types 'penis'
Linehan's leg fidgets
He's hosting a zoom call
This Canadian midget

Helen says 'penis'
Graham gives a snort
Arty reflects
That he's bald and short

We've all shat our lives
And careers in the bin
To waffle such drivel
The mess that we're in

mippy

Barry Admin

Only watched the first thirty seconds, but Arty says she's a trans woman, and keeps correctly gendering her.  He never does that when Linehan is about, does he?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

graham tries to instigate a pile on...then replies to himself at midnight when it doesn't work.

1 Like. Back in the big leagues.

The Late Satoru Iwata

The Late Satoru Iwata

I missed this since-deleted whoops moment from a couple of days ago: