Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 15, 2022, 04:57:20 PMthey're all about 90 so dead soon

HEY! No Agism! (I want to get to 90). I was kind of surprised how young they were, but i think it's pretty clear they are a bit lower income vulnerable people ... same demographics the alt-right is aiming at. Poor dudz.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: retsuza on May 15, 2022, 12:54:23 PMRowling definitely did hate Corbyn the tory twat she is,

She gave a million quid to Labour when ed milliband was leader

Dr Rock

Back to Arty Morty, I just like to say that just because I try to refrain from attacks on people's appearance it doesn't mean I haven't got loads ready to go.

Spoiler alert
eg. he looks like a snowman.
[close]

idunnosomename

Arty Morty is going to disappear down the back of his sofa if he's not careful

phantom_power

Isn't chanting "trans women are men" sort of showing up their concern for women's spaces and sport to be the bullshit we all know it is and shows they are just transphobic, which they all claim not to be?

FalknerHinton

Quote from: phantom_power on May 15, 2022, 06:16:22 PMIsn't chanting "trans women are men" sort of showing up their concern for women's spaces and sport to be the bullshit we all know it is and shows they are just transphobic, which they all claim not to be?

You have given this 100% more thought than any of them have.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on May 15, 2022, 05:25:21 PMHEY! No Agism! (I want to get to 90). I was kind of surprised how young they were, but i think it's pretty clear they are a bit lower income vulnerable people ... same demographics the alt-right is aiming at. Poor dudz.

Do you think? I deffo get an older middle class impression.

Spoiler alert
BIG no to living to 90 though
[close]

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 15, 2022, 05:52:19 PMBack to Arty Morty, I just like to say that just because I try to refrain from attacks on people's appearance it doesn't mean I haven't got loads ready to go.

Spoiler alert
eg. he looks like a snowman.
[close]

I always thought that Arty Morty looks like what would happen if you crossbred Paul Giamatti, Wallace Shawn and Richard Kind.

Graham Linehan hitting on Holly Lawford-Smith clipped extended

frajer

"Early Monday, so not much time lef-"

"PERFECT! D'YOU HAVE ANY PLANS?"

wrec

Barry Admin

Yep.

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 15, 2022, 04:56:32 PMalso after Posie goes "some of those men over there are 6'4" in dresses"

Yeah I really enjoyed that as a particularly tall man. Good to know that makes me some kind of extra-threatening male.

Edit: just saw this - so a ribbon is a noose now, and is as inherently threatening as a tall man? Did Marion Millar sell her house for nothing?

Dr Rock

Barry Admin

Why the fuck did all those guys turn up dressed in black with masks and hoods anyway?

dead-ced-dead

Kankurette

I thought those were GC colours on that ribbon? Also, it's Emmeline.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 15, 2022, 03:54:51 PMFuck, I found that quite shocking and genuinely unsettling. The way one of them gets out of her seat to shout "ARE MEN" right in the woman's ear is grim.

And then chasing after her to get the mic and shut her up, it all looked really aggressive. And I thought they loved free speech?

God, the sooner this hate movement fucks off the better. The chanting and general aggression was disgusting.

Yeah, it's a bit grim. What's more, the forum favorite Alex Bramham and his nutso ex-boyfriend were among the chasers.

Elfking

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 15, 2022, 06:57:49 PMYep.

Yeah I really enjoyed that as a particularly tall man. Good to know that makes me some kind of extra-threatening male.

Edit: just saw this - so a ribbon is a noose now, and is as inherently threatening as a tall man? Did Marion Millar sell her house for nothing?

Where did they get that picture? My first thought is that it's one of them pretending to be TRA just to look as bad as possible and say "See!"

mtpromises

Too bad that guy was there.  It'd been great to see all those TERFS on their mobility scooters give chase to the mic hero.

Quote from: Elfking on May 15, 2022, 08:20:14 PMWhere did they get that picture? My first thought is that it's one of them pretending to be TRA just to look as bad as possible and say "See!"

I think they wanted to speak by the statue, but trans right activist occupied it first.  There were about 8, 6 in black.  There are a few tweets about the police not moving them.

I think protesting in a balklva and hoodie is smart, unless you want your face out there as a leader.  Why give them any info?  These TERFS are total assholes, who will harass your family and employers.  Plus, even in self defense, hitting an old lady looks bad.  Best to keep it anonymous.

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 15, 2022, 08:05:59 PMWhat's more, the forum favorite Alex Bramham and his nutso ex-boyfriend were among the chasers.

Can't pass up a reason to post this

Quote from: mtpromises on May 15, 2022, 08:27:49 PMI think protesting in a balklva and hoodie is smart, unless you want your face out there as a leader.  Why give them any info?  These TERFS are total assholes, who will harass your family and employers.  Plus, even in self defense, hitting an old lady looks bad.  Best to keep it anonymous.

I agree, loads of protestors are doing this, it's too easy to be recognised on social media now and with face recogntion ramping up and the new police powers it makes sense

Elfking

I would be proud to be identified as a protestor against TERFs

king_tubby

Quote from: mtpromises on May 15, 2022, 08:27:49 PMIt'd been great to see all those TERFS on their mobility scooters give chase to the mic hero.

Ah, less of this please, we're not on their level.