Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Why is it the 'sixth year'?  Did JK Rowling (JK Rowling) tweet something 6 years ago? 

retsuza

Quote from: FalknerHinton on May 19, 2022, 10:50:34 PMWet Ass Ferguson has had enough (for now), though it's still all "the TRAs" fault somehow

Quote from: William FergusonWhich is why I have elected to step away from this for a bit because I am at the point where...well, let's just say my anger is spilling over to dangerously unhealthy levels and I find myself headed into a really dark place.

Quote from: William FergusonAllow me to put this another way:

While I wouldn't actually harm a trans person but if I saw one step out into traffic, about to get hit by an oncoming bus whereas I and I alone have the ability to reach out and pull them to safety it wouldn't be much of a dealbreaker for me if they just got hit by the bus.

And that's a very dark, ugly thing to think.

These TRAs really need to examine why someone like me would feel that way.

Maybe someone like you would think that way because you're a danger and need to get some professional help, William.

Nah, must be everyone else's fault. Time to take a million more selfies!
Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 08:23:11 AMWAF's "I wouldn't save a trans person from being hit by a bus and it's the TRAs fault" comment has had 16 likes and zero pushback from GL or anyone else

Seems the hit by a bus comment has been deleted but Jesus Christ, WAF is an actual danger to society. Extremely unwell.

Interesting the post that the comments originate from:

"I've run out of ways to persuade people they should care about this
Does anyone have any suggestions?"
by Graham Linehan

I thought the tide was turning? I thought everyone was about to be peaked and we can start thinking about when This is all over.

Kankurette

Ferguson is going to end up killing someone.
Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 01:28:33 AMBurchill is comically awful. She would probably take that as a compliment though, she seems to love that people find her hateful
She's like a little girl going 'look at me! Look at me!' It's like she comes out with the most contradictory opinions just to piss people off. If the left were pro-Israel she'd be wearing hijab and calling herself Khadijah.

Ex_GC

@retsuza the hit by a bus comment is still there, has 20 likes now and still zero pushback. A few weeks ago someone tore strips off another commenter for correctly gendering Debbie Hayton but no one bats an eyelid at this?

I know GL is now Mr Freeze Peach but he should at least moderate his comments section

@Kankurette she is like an overgrown schoolgirl trying to be edgy. Even her Twitter username is booze and fagz. Actually a lot of the GC leaders have never really grown up from their school days. Can you imagine being at school with Posie? She would have been the nastiest bully

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

This is getting dark ... this has 20 likes. This guy is one bad day away from a rampage.

edit: Oh, this has been posted Sorry! i'll leave it up so people are in the loop.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 09:56:49 AMThere's a couple I know socially, am not close friends with them. One of the couple has now started posting transphobic stuff on Facebook. A few weeks ago it was an extremely transphobic meme about Lea Thomas and yesterday it was a 'Ben Shapiro destroys transgenderism' clip. Neither has gotten any likes or comments. Weird to see someone be radicalised in real time and go from memes to Ben Shapiro in a few short weeks

Should I say anything?

I have a friend of the family who has posted some horrible transphobic articles that got zero interaction till her daughter commented on it to say the lack of interaction was proof that everyone agrees but was just too scared to say anything. So it can be tough, people try to argue back you get accused of beibg part of the problem and bullying, no-one argues back and it's proof everyone agrees.

The woman in question is in her late 60s and has been a friend of my mum for longer than I've been around and in all other regards would be considered a feminist, my mum and my sister have challenged her on these views in person and it never goes well, but there's no way that me as a cis het white dude can possibly say no you're doing feminism wrong.

If you know them well enough to post something countering it then it might be worth it or maybe do the trick of getting someone to explain why their joke is meant to be funny till they inevitably just say something direct.

I tend to counter posts from the family friend by posting trans positive stories or stories from trans people, not necessarily on their page but on my own, I know they still follow me so they'll see it and it has the advantage of making my views publicly known and let my trans friends know I'm still standing with them, especially when things are rough, that's never been my primary motive but I have had them message me and thank me for being vocal so I know it can help.

phantom_power

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on May 20, 2022, 10:30:21 AM

This is getting dark ... this has 20 likes. This guy is one bad day away from a rampage.

edit: Oh, this has been posted Sorry! i'll leave it up so people are in the loop.

It's like a wife beater blaming the woman for "making him do it" with her behaviour. Fucking psychopathic

Barry Admin

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on May 20, 2022, 10:30:21 AMThis is getting dark ... this has 20 likes. This guy is one bad day away from a rampage.

Yes and another screenshot here just to show that Linehan will have seen it and chose not to remove it, unless he's responssible for the edit?

https://i.postimg.cc/1thnj99X/IMG-20220520-103313.jpg

Cause it appears that this is yer man when he's holding back:

Oh wow lol, this sounds like a riveting and not at all racist read:

What a fucking shower of shite the glincels are.

retsuza

Ah ok @Ex_GC I thought the bus comment was deleted but it was farther down

Considering the like on the reply, he MUST have seen it and thought it was fine. And yes the AUTHORITIES SHOULD BE CONCERNED!

ETA: Oops too slow but I took the time to upload so it will be corraborating evidence when Graham removes it. At least he should.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on May 20, 2022, 10:30:21 AM

It's giving "the government are making me racist by giving illegal immigrants jobs when I'm unemployed"

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

How many people do you think Graham Linehan scared away from casual transphobia. I mean ... even people with "concerns" must see this and think "oh no ... you're not ok".

Barry Admin

We've covered that WAF comment a lot because it is genuinely disturbing and shocking, but I think it's important to bear in mind that it's the exact kind of attitude that anti-trans campaigners like Graham Linehan and Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull have deliberately inculcated.

Linehan has this whole white knight bullshit, and over the last week or two he was once again saying that a protest may get violent, and so people's husbands and boyfriends should turn up. To look after the little ladies, bless 'em.

And of course, Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull said that she wants men to stand outside public toilets, armed with guns. Edit: sorry, she actually said she wants armed men to start using women's toilets, my mistake. I gave her too much credit.

Now, have a look at this:

Quote from: https://mobile.twitter.com/mimmymum/status/1527358665048588288?cxt=HHwWgICwraKnorIqAAAAWhile we're talking about 'gender critical' transphobes in Manchester and the Emmeline Pankhurst statute, it's worth remembering that the last time it was adorned with one of Kellie-Jay Keen's 'Adult Human Female' t-shirts, it helped inspire a transphobic arsonist!... 😳⤵️

Transphobic slur on this one

[close]

Ex_GC

Yep and Graham did a whole speech about how women need to get angry and stay angry

retsuza

phantom_power

That Penny tweet pretty much sums up their mentality. This is my experience and no-one else's could possibly be any different. Just a basic lack of empathy

Ex_GC

Aidan Comerford tweeted about that WAF comment

https://twitter.com/AidanCTweets/status/1527546024985866241?t=-PJ29h3yStc-0PaffEizAQ&s=19

Ok wow. In response to WAF's comment about how he was taking a break from all of this because his mind was going into a dark place someone replied

"In this strange world of ours, we must look after our health. I think it's important to celebrate the wonderful people who are speaking up - including yourself - and take some time out to smell freshly cut grass and a few roses here and there. Plus a glass of wine or beer."

Wonderful people including yourself? Jesus

The man has imagined a scenario where he wouldn't save a trans person from death and he is "wonderful"?

What is wrong with some people?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

talking of Comerford, Graham had a crack at getting people to pile on him last night

complete gutless shit. do my bidding, mugs. i'll watch from behind the wall. actually don't do it. Should be good enough for the lawyers. (do it.)

idunnosomename

Katy Montgomerie did a thread about Fergie the other day without the usual anonymising to her 64k followers. Not sure what this turd of a man thinks he's achieving except his own dragging

Dr Rock

jobotic

I hope the black people of Buffalo have had a look at themselves to see what it is about them that made that man shoot some of them.

Fucking evil cunts.

I think WAF will hurt someone, probably already does.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Dr Rock

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 20, 2022, 10:57:38 AMYep and Graham did a whole speech about how women need to get angry and stay angry

Most women don't give a monkeys though.

FalknerHinton

I had an email from substack last night inviting me to complete a survey about their content guidelines enforcement. I suggested the best way they could improve would be if they actually bothered doing some enforcement, so who knows if they're going to start doing it. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Anyway, for future reference WAF's comments are archived here.

Ex_GC

22 likes now. And not one single comment pushing back or calling it out

JaDanketies

Someone call The Jeremy Vine Show and inform him that Graham Linehan has published an article suggesting he is as bad as Jimmy Savile. I can't imagine that he wouldn't sue. And he's pretty centre-right and a popular and omnipresent media personality so it'd be a big blow against terfery

Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 20, 2022, 08:51:34 AMJeremy Vine and all the other celebrities are going to look like Jimmy Savile when this is all over

"When it's all over"

What does that even mean? What a bleak existence.

retsuza

Say what you want about cults like Heaven's Gate but at least they had a defined end date for their nonsense fantasy.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Ferris on May 20, 2022, 12:54:50 PM"When it's all over"

What does that even mean?

It's when all of Graham's detractors apologise to him before being jailed.

Graham decides not to accept the apologies.

Ferris

Yeah but even he must know that's ludicrous, so presumably he thinks something else will happen that signifies "the end".

It's millenarian, but because there's no prophesied date so every day is the Great Disappointment.