Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

D'ye Ken John Peel's Records

Started by Head Gardener, May 17, 2022, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

Martin Van Buren Stan

He should have had a longer criminal record but I digress

Oh dear, I wonder what the reason for this? Peel family suddenly got a huge tax bill?

I guess they can do what they want with it, but it's always been implied the collection would be kept together no matter what.

Pranet

If you look at the list it is only a handful of records.

Pauline Walnuts

jobotic

Think of all the weird, wonderful and intriguing records that must be in that collection, and what have they pulled out?

Your dad's favourites. His World Cup Semi-Final Barbecue playlist.

pigamus

There must be plenty of dross in there, why don't they just get rid of that

Start with Barclay James Harvest and go from there

Rich Uncle Skeleton

There's certainly a couple of fancy things in there presumably to grab people's attention. (Lennon/Ono, Joy Division etc, surprised they're getting rid of any of the latter)
But given his hatred of U2 post War, if the collection's being broken up its probably very easy to choose that 7" box as one of the first things to go. Surprised he even owned it, could've been a gift and he either shrewdly kept it to flog later or he was just a hoarder.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Malcy

Hoping for Patrick Swayze by The Male Nurse.

Big story behind how I became aware of it and it would be the ideal present for the person who put me on to it. I dunno how it all works. i bet 0.001 of his records are going up for auction.

EDIT - just saw the link. No joy. Will just keep having to check Discogs.

daf

QuoteSex Pistols: An Acetate 'Nevermind Buzzcocks'. Estimate: £5,000-7,000.

Come on Rolling Stone, you idiots, even I know it's called "Nevermind THE Buzzcocks!"

Head Gardener

QuoteExclusive: Bonhams will sell items including an annotated test pressing of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 'Two Lovers'

the album is called Two Virgins ffs Rolling Stone sort yerselves out!

jobotic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Malcy on May 19, 2022, 11:15:13 PMPatrick Swayze by The Male Nurse
Joining in with the spirit of the last few posts - it's labelled "Patric Swayze" ffs Malcy sort yourself out

Head Gardener

buzby

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 04, 2022, 07:33:59 PMthe full listing is up
Bloody hell, it looks like they really have picked the collection clean of everything that's going to make big money.

Head Gardener

Anarchy test pressing took the top price at 20k+ followed by Queen & The Smiths, Lennono

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: buzby on June 06, 2022, 11:00:43 AMBloody hell, it looks like they really have picked the collection clean of everything that's going to make big money.

Those noncing allegations can't stay stay off the front pages forever. I wonder if they're worried about a big Savilian backlash and a plummet in the resale value of his stuff.