Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Group Hug - it's ok to feel like shit

Started by MojoJojo, November 12, 2020, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Much sympathy, so many people are absolute cunts about ME. On of my best mates in high school had it and the dickhead health authorities in Liverpool made her do Graded Exercise Therapy at one point, which made her so ill she couldn't talk to me on the phone. She's way better now but she missed out on her teenage years because of it, it's an absolute nightmare of a condition and the stigma around it doesn't help. 'Yuppie flu', FFS.

I hope you feel better soon and it isn't long COVID.

Glebe

Sorry to hear that about your girlfriend purlieu. Her parents sound like absolute monsters.

purlieu

She's only known a handful of people in her life who've been sympathetic towards her about it, which has always baffled me but seems to be the general attitude towards the illness. She's had it for 25 years so realistically it's probably here for life. I have no idea what I'll do if I can't look after her.

purlieu

So since being clear at the end of last week I've felt increasingly worse. I now have pretty much all of my girlfriend's ME symptoms, down to things like spending an hour at the computer leading to muscle aches, sore throat and dramatic tiredness. I know Covid can cause fatigue afterwards, but basically getting ME symptoms straight after it left isn't something I was prepared for. I'm trying my absolute hardest to tell myself that with enough rest this could pass but it's really, really difficult not to be absolutely fucking terrified at this moment to be completely honest.

Glebe

Lots of hugs and love purlieu, look after yourself.

purlieu

Thank you

Today my fatigue and aches are worse, and I can now add shivering, nausea, diarrhoea, loss of appetite and insomnia to my list of symptoms.

shiftwork2

Quote from: purlieu on April 26, 2022, 01:47:55 PMThank you

Today my fatigue and aches are worse, and I can now add shivering, nausea, diarrhoea, loss of appetite and insomnia to my list of symptoms.

What you've described isn't unusual.  There's a tailwind of frankly oddball stuff that the virus seems to try.  Just take the full rest period.  That's what I've trying to tell people at work.  It has to reduce the chances of long term issues.  All the best to you.

Kankurette

Intrusive thoughts are starting up again. Fucking yay.
Quote from: purlieu on April 25, 2022, 10:27:11 PMSo since being clear at the end of last week I've felt increasingly worse. I now have pretty much all of my girlfriend's ME symptoms, down to things like spending an hour at the computer leading to muscle aches, sore throat and dramatic tiredness. I know Covid can cause fatigue afterwards, but basically getting ME symptoms straight after it left isn't something I was prepared for. I'm trying my absolute hardest to tell myself that with enough rest this could pass but it's really, really difficult not to be absolutely fucking terrified at this moment to be completely honest.
jesus. I'm so sorry. I don't want to be a downer but this does sound like long COVID, any way you could get checked out?

purlieu

Thank you. Thankfully I'm somewhat on the mend. Still a little bit knackered after doing physical stuff, but a short nap or lie down tends to generally sort it out and my concentration is about 99% back to normal. Trying to keep off my feet as much as possible still to help the recovery but I've spoken to quite a few people who said they felt wobbly for a few weeks after so my general attitude is much more positive now.

Kankurette

Good luck. And don't push yourself too hard.

Glebe

Yeah purlieu glad to hear your on the mend, look after yourself.

Kankurette

I've got the 'rona. Woke up this morning, sore throat, headache, and my body feels like it's made out of soggy cardboard. I can just about sit up. Apologies in advance to everyone who was at the meet yesterday, though the train home was rammed so it may well have been that.

Barry Admin

Glebe

Kankurette

Thanks! I had a box of tests but can't find the fucking thing there's only four left, and I'm not eligible for free tests. I'm supposed to test every day apparently.

purlieu

I wouldn't bother testing every day, leave it a week and do it again. It's what I did. Hope you don't suffer with it too much!

Three and a half weeks into Covid: Extended Version and I know my energy limits, am just going to be pacing for a while and very slowly adding to it. From everything I've read and people I've spoken to, as long as I don't overdo it it's quite likely a few months of very gradually increasing this and I should be back to something resembling normality.

I've actually got over the worst anxiety, my brain is finally focusing on recovering rather than 'what if I'm like this forever?', but I'm still getting moments of desolation, remembering that I've had 12 years of mental health shit and that, literally two days before I tested positive for Covid, I'd actually had a weird kind of epiphany and sorted so much of it out, thought I was totally on top of it all (five weeks later and I haven't had a relapse so that might be true); after seven years of living with my parents I was due to be moving out this month, to a city where I have friends, and was going to be looking for jobs again - I'd even found a house that would accept me on housing benefit with a dog. And now that's all going to be put off until I'm better, which just feels like the cruellest timing ever. If I'm up to moving again at the end of the year, the chances of the property still being available are super slim, which means the almost impossible task of finding somewhere else like that... so yeah, I'm fighting a certain level of devastation to be honest. But trying to keep my chin up.

Kankurette

Yeah, I'm not wasting my COVID tests, especially with Barcelona coming up. I hope to fuck I'm well by then. With any luck it'll be over in a week. I think five days is the isolation period?

Also, JFC, Purlieu, you poor thing. What a kick in the nuts.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Did you manage to infect any other CaBbers at the meet, or was it them you infected you?

Kankurette

I blame the Legend Garys I encountered on the train at Leeds.

Kankurette

Question for anyone who's had COVID after a filling: does COVID affect your teeth? My tooth hurts like hell. I didn't have root canal done cos the dentist sounded very cagey about it, and he didn't think it needed yanking out either.

bgmnts

Feeling at my lowest ebn in a while now that covid is over. Fucking hate it. Bearing in mind i've just come back from a great comedy gig but i've come home so depressed seeing everyone out having fun. Fucking hate it and want everything to be lockdown again.

Glebe

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2022, 11:24:35 PMFeeling at my lowest ebn in a while now that covid is over. Fucking hate it. Bearing in mind i've just come back from a great comedy gig but i've come home so depressed seeing everyone out having fun. Fucking hate it and want everything to be lockdown again.

Just take things a day at a time bgmnts. Be kind and treat yourself and get out for summer walks. That's my plan anyway.

Kankurette

I'm on Day 6 of COVID. I tested negative today but still have the symptoms - terrible fatigue, shaky arms and hands, headache, stiff neck, brain fog, toothache. Those of you who've had it, how long did it last?

Glebe

purlieu

Quote from: Kankurette on May 20, 2022, 08:28:12 PMI'm on Day 6 of COVID. I tested negative today but still have the symptoms - terrible fatigue, shaky arms and hands, headache, stiff neck, brain fog, toothache. Those of you who've had it, how long did it last?
It's such a variable thing, not only from person-to-person but day-to-day within individuals, so it's hard to say. But keep yourself as rested as possible. If fatigue and brain fog are major symptoms then give your brain a rest as well, less time looking at screens and stuff. Even as you start to feel better in time, ease yourself back into things very, very slowly.

Kankurette

Thanks. I just worry I'm being a malingerer, you know?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2022, 11:24:35 PMFeeling at my lowest ebn in a while now that covid is over. Fucking hate it. Bearing in mind i've just come back from a great comedy gig but i've come home so depressed seeing everyone out having fun. Fucking hate it and want everything to be lockdown again.

Don't despair. Maybe there'll be a super psycho killer variant come winter that'll plunge us all back into lockdown again while we freeze to death in our homes.

purlieu

Quote from: Kankurette on May 21, 2022, 01:31:04 AMThanks. I just worry I'm being a malingerer, you know?
Don't. Despite the generally passé attitude towards Covid by the general public these days it's still a very serious illness and you need to treat it as such. Your body can take a battering and you need to be kind to it to make sure it recovers.

bgmnts

I'm convinced this prolonged, debilitating cough i've had since October that the doctors cannot fix is long covid. It has to be at this point.

Living with chronic obesity and know i'm going to live another miserable ten years before dying of heart disease is bad enough, but fucking hell add this fucking stupid cunty cough that stops you from doing anything is just the worst. Hope I die soon.

Fuck covid fuck the human body its really shit.

Glebe

Look after yourself bgmnts. Have you thought about therapy/counselling? These issues are obviously having a psychological impact. Hugs in any case.