Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:01:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

Genuinely don't understand where the motivation for a centrist party or their supporters to depose the tories is supposed to come from so long as funding rolls in, thinktank and NGO jobs are still there. The Chuck and Nancy-ification of UK politics. So long as a centrist can still call another centrist a centrist on the social media and get paid for writing some "there is no universal or impartial truth" wank in a book or website, they're happy as fucking larry.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@skytv
#ThisEngland, based on Boris Johnson's tumultuous first months as UK Prime Minister starring BAFTA and Academy Award-winner Kenneth Branagh. #UnmissableSky

https://twitter.com/skytv/status/1526869375550119937

Fambo Number Mive

Meanwhile Sunak has promised to cut taxes for business in his autumn budget ""We need you to invest more, train more and innovate more...we will cut your taxes to encourage you to do all those things"

Fambo Number Mive

Well exactly. He's just trying to woo the wealthy.

Does astonish me how little anger there seems to be towards the government regarding the cost of living. Where are the demonstrations?

olliebean

The line I keep hearing now seems to be, well the rules were stupid anyway, it's ridiculous that anyone was fined and it's time to move on, oh but by the way Keir Starmer should still resign for merely having been accused of breaking these stupid rules.

lipsink

That'll be great comfort for all those people who followed the rules and didn't get to see loved ones in person before they died. "The rules were stupid, you idiot! You didn't actually have to follow them!"

Does this mean the people who received fines for breaking the rules will be reimbursed?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm sure we will all be congratulating Sunak and his wife for making the Sunday Times Rich List. What a man of the people the Chancellor is.

olliebean

Quote from: lipsink on May 20, 2022, 11:55:34 AMThat'll be great comfort for all those people who followed the rules and didn't get to see loved ones in person before they died. "The rules were stupid, you idiot! You didn't actually have to follow them!"

Does this mean the people who received fines for breaking the rules will be reimbursed?

I've seen it being proposed, but it felt more like the motivation was for a ruse to get people to let Johnson off the hook and move on than out of any concern or compassion for the people who'd been fined.

Fambo Number Mive

Nadine Dorries talking bollocks again:

QuoteCulture Secretary Nadine Dorries is being called to correct the record after claims she made in Parliament were branded "unfounded" and a "blatant lie".

Speaking to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee on Thursday, Ms Dorries alleged that a Channel 4 reality show she appeared on in 2010 used actors.

But both the production company and the people who were on the show with the cabinet minister disagree with this version of events.

The Tower Block of Commons show saw members of Parliament "leave behind the splendour of Westminster and their comfortable homes for eight days and nights to live in council tower blocks estates in some of Britain's most deprived neighbourhoods".

Ms Dorries went to share a flat with sisters Rena and Renisha Spaine on the South Acton estate, in west London.

Speaking on Thursdays to MPs, Ms Dorries said: "The parents of the boys in that programme actually came here to have lunch with me, and contacted me to tell me, actually, they were in acting school, and that they weren't really living in a flat, and they weren't real.

"And even, if you remember, there's a pharmacist or somebody that I went to see who prepared food - she was also a paid actress as well."

Speaking to Sky News, Rena Spaine said: "It was a blatant lie and she knows. I don't know where she is getting that rubbish from...

https://news.sky.com/story/dorries-asked-to-correct-record-after-claiming-channel-4-faked-reality-show-tower-block-of-commons-12617907

Fambo Number Mive

Sue Gray's report is expected next week. I'm not expecting much from it, especially after the pre-publication meeting between her and Johnson. I'm sure those at the top will get off easily and scapegoats will be found lower down.

TrenterPercenter

There really is no other way than voting them out.  Already we are seeing the right-wingers on LBC starting to chime leftwing talking points of the woes of Starmer.  They will obviously reheat the Corbyn divisions, whilst saying Starmer can't be trusted because of Corbyn (and no doubt Momentum).  Their all the same they will say, this isn't true - they have to appear the same and appeal to right-wingers because we live in country that is controlled by rightwing papers and powerful people.

The Labour manifesto will be key and the press are going to pivot on this as soon as it drops.

BritishHobo

It seems bizarre that you could have voted for someone, and have them as your MP, and yet you don't need to be informed that they've been accused of stuff like this.

jobotic

I'm sure a man who appears on national TV coked off his face doing silly voices won't be too worried about consequences

Inspector Norse

Whose turn is it to do the morning excuse-and-whataboutery rounds tomorrow?

Sebastian Cobb

ITV seem to be reporting they've got new pictures of Boris at the parties. Convenient they've cropped up after the police report has finished isn't it?
https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-23/exclusive-pm-pictured-drinking-at-downing-street-party-during-lockdown

pigamus

Inspector Norse

Fambo Number Mive

If new evidence of Johnson breaking lockdown rules has been found can the police reopen the investigation of the relevant parties? Or is that it now, he only gets one FPN?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 23, 2022, 04:43:12 PMIf new evidence of Johnson breaking lockdown rules has been found can the police reopen the investigation of the relevant parties? Or is that it now, he only gets one FPN?

One assumes that if these photos are evidence that he attended a party he and his chums told police he hadn't, then it's jail all round for perverting the course of justice or somesuch.

That, of course, is dependent on some level of competence and transparency at some point, so I'll not be holding my breath.

jobotic

He's just about to install his mate in the Met isn't he? One hand washes the other

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 23, 2022, 04:45:24 PMOne assumes that if these photos are evidence that he attended a party he and his chums told police he hadn't, then it's jail all round for perverting the course of justice or somesuch.

That, of course, is dependent on some level of competence and transparency at some point, so I'll not be holding my breath.

Indeed it is puzzling.  Has Cummings played a blinder here knowing he would lie and now the pictures emerge or has this already been priced in the investigation + are these leak pictures from Gray report or new evidence?

JamesTC

Rich Uncle Skeleton

blimey, front page on BBC News am I right to be genuinely surprised/almostimpressed?