Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

The Lurker

holyzombiejesus

Absolutely shitting it for tonight. Unless we're at least 4-0 up by half time, I'm going to hate every second of the next 3 or so hours.

Kankurette

holyzombiejesus

Still shitting it. We've played pretty well so far. That miss from Wilson though. Sheesh.

finnquark

Quote from: The Lurker on May 19, 2022, 03:41:21 PMZeki Fryers signs for Macclesfield. It begins.

Wasn't he last at nearly relegated Welling? Macc are a joke, wasting money on nonsense like this.

Kankurette

What did Clarke do to get sent off?

ETA: congratulations, Port Vale!

holyzombiejesus

Cheers! Can't believe it. No idea what Clarke got sent off for. Be tragic if he misses the final.

holyzombiejesus

Cheers! Shame about a few of our fans being scummy wankers but it's not going to spoil my night. Keep thinking about McKirdy laughing when he missed his penalty, like they were so far ahead it didn't matter.

Now, where's that poobum.

monkfromhavana

Well done to the Valiants, this is what happens when you get John Rudge back in.

Cov are meant to be sniffing around McKirdy, is he any good (apart from missing penalties?

holyzombiejesus

He can be pretty good - the finish for his second against us was great - but he is a massive wanker and his career stats to date (this season aside) are quite poor. He didn't seem interested when he was with us and Carlisle let him go because , well, he's a massive wanker. He's a Chelsea fan from Stoke on Trent.

Kankurette

Poobum

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 19, 2022, 11:41:41 PMYou going?

Afraid not. Currently zooming around the country having interviews for animal keeper/conservation internships so don't have it in me to suffer another 8 hour round trip.

holyzombiejesus

Swindon fans are the biggest mardarses going. Their players, management and fans went in to the Vale game badmouthing our players and belittling the club because we hadn't sold as many tickets as them. Obviously, the violence towards their players was bad but the way they're spinning it now, it was like the battle of the Somme at the end. Check out this arsewipe from their local paper.

QuoteJason Haines was struck in the head with a bottle and received a wound just above his eye.

He said: "What happened after the game was disgusting, we all knew there'd be a pitch invasion, but a large number of Vale fans went straight towards the away end, goading the away fans.

"After that, everyone just seemed to let it happen as if it was alright, I was struck by a bottle right above my left eye and started bleeding, I didn't know what had happened at the time.

"When I went to a steward to ask for first aid, they said 'what do you want us to do about it.'"

Jason says he ended up getting treatment from the Swindon club physio at the team because none of the Vale Park staff would help him.

Their fans are now saying we should be kicked out of the play-off finals and they should take our place. Pricks.

Kankurette

I don't know if we have any Sunderland fans, but in case we do, congrats. Even though you bastards knocked us out of the playoffs.

Quote from: Kankurette on May 21, 2022, 11:49:19 PMI don't know if we have any Sunderland fans, but in case we do, congrats. Even though you bastards knocked us out of the playoffs.

Shame for Wednesday they didn't get through as Wycombe looked a gimme, they were woeful.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 20, 2022, 11:49:25 PMHe can be pretty good - the finish for his second against us was great - but he is a massive wanker and his career stats to date (this season aside) are quite poor. He didn't seem interested when he was with us and Carlisle let him go because , well, he's a massive wanker. He's a Chelsea fan from Stoke on Trent.

Hope it's just a rumour then, sounds like a shitehead.

Psybro

Stevenage had him on loan and he seemed like a cheeky little scamp, his pace was exciting but he would often leave the ball behind or fall over because there was a strong breeze or his legs were going quicker than his brain.  That was when he was just starting out though.

Congratulations @Hat FM Did you go? 46,000 - hell of an attendance. Tinpot dickheads Fylde v Salford only got 8,000 between them in 2019

Anyway, enjoy your night, deserved it.

Kankurette

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on May 22, 2022, 12:55:23 AMShame for Wednesday they didn't get through as Wycombe looked a gimme, they were woeful.
We just seem to have bad luck with Sunderland. Bastards walloped us earlier in the season.

Norton Canes

Just noticed one of the National League play-off quarter finals is taking place tonight. How much interest can there be?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 23, 2022, 07:50:55 PMJust noticed one of the National League play-off quarter finals is taking place tonight. How much interest can there be?

Well, you've posted twice about it so far, so a fair bit, I'd say :)

somersetchris

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 23, 2022, 07:50:55 PMJust noticed one of the National League play-off quarter finals is taking place tonight. How much interest can there be?

It's because there is only 2 up from the Conference, compared to 3 or 4 from the other divisions. It means that there is something to play for for the top 7, so pretty much the same as the other leagues. It's a clumsy system but that's why it is.

Although maybe don't announce your arrival by shitting on a level of football and calling it 'little football' in your other comment, that isn't going to endear you.

Norton Canes

Oh sorry didn't mean it like that. Followed AFC Wimbledon up six tiers (and now down one) so not an armchair PL fan

Poobum

Not as committed to seeing Notts County fuck up as I am Chesterfield, but they're having a go and I'm generous with my spite.

finnquark

Poor Burchnall, trying to spreadsheet his way out of the Conference and consistently failing. Never seen a manager with so much nonsense jargon, let alone at this level. His obfuscation after losing 1-0 at Alty earlier this year was a classic.

Quote from: Poobum on May 23, 2022, 09:55:21 PMNot as committed to seeing Notts County fuck up as I am Chesterfield, but they're having a go and I'm generous with my spite.

Don't worry, Chesterfield won't let you down tomorrow, we're dreadful.