Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyTurnips

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 12:29:37 PMDoes he know Ricky? They're both Twitter addicts but in quite different ways. Ricky just blocks people for the mildest criticism while Greybum argued with them for hours

He talks about his dispute with Ricky Gervais here, pre-bananas. The IT crowd was nominated for an award and the chubby funster called it "the best of a bad bunch". 1:41:40 is the timestamp.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Now, in real life, I'm against people being strung up by their bollock(s) for everyone to piss on, but imagine if Ricky Gervais

imitationleather

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2022, 10:24:41 AMOn Netflix firing their diversity staff:

He wouldn't so cavalier with the concept of people losing their jobs if his SGB subscribers weren't all retired!

boki

Quote from: somersetchris on May 24, 2022, 12:45:22 PMAlso, a 54-year old man saying 'wokester', fucking hell.

It is his favourite brand of microwave burger, to be fair.

frajer

But conversely, what is Linehan's least favourite type of Walkers crisp?

Wokester Sauce.

wrec

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 24, 2022, 01:46:54 PMHe talks about his dispute with Ricky Gervais here, pre-bananas. The IT crowd was nominated for an award and the chubby funster called it "the best of a bad bunch". 1:41:40 is the timestamp.

Quite something to hear him take offence at that minor slight before his hysterical tantrums about... everybody. And of course Harmon wouldn't take a call from him now.

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: retsuza on May 24, 2022, 11:44:57 AMReminds me of Schrodinger's asshole (Don't worry its not a picture of physicist Erwin Schrödinger's asshole)

you blue-balling tease, i was hoping for some physicist booty.

anyway gervais is a lazy hack who would only be funny if he decided to launch himself into the sun. maybe he could go up with Elongated Muskrat on a SpaceX rocket. As long as no women crew members are on-board for them to sexually harass.

idunnosomename

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 24, 2022, 01:46:54 PMHe talks about his dispute with Ricky Gervais here, pre-bananas. The IT crowd was nominated for an award and the chubby funster called it "the best of a bad bunch". 1:41:40 is the timestamp.

"that's what friends do to each other now apparently"

Its all there isnt it

bgmnts

Can you not be friends and like someone and not like their work?

idunnosomename

no, if you say "best of a bad lot", damning his show with faint praise, then you are Graham's enemy forever. in the pedal bin, as it were

idunnosomename

Greybums going live in 8 min to tell us about the Father Ted musical?!?

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 03:21:45 PMGreybums going live in 8 min to tell us about the Father Ted musical?!?

$10 on it being that laughing Spanish man meme again.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 25, 2022, 12:18:18 PM

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 25, 2022, 12:35:18 PM"So at the end, Pope Ted'll be running down the street carrying this thing, and then he'll bump into Len Brennan. A beat. "Are you a religious man, bishop?" Curtain."

idunnosomename

BREAKING

Jimmy Mulville from Hat Trick rang him up to tell him "they won't be moving ahead with me attached to the Father Ted musical"

Gervais and Chappelle get all the money from NetFlix while I get beaten up in an alley.

By not supporting me, they're taking the side of people who cancel black lesbian barristers! I'm being punished for standing up for women and lesbians!

I said that girls were getting early menopause to someone at Hat Trick and they said "I don't care" *starts to cry*

J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling
etc

Hat Trick offered him a 200k advance on my own royalties. This is MY MUSICAL. I invented it. it is mine. It is real last episode, that was first stopped by Dermot's death [not true]

Companies dont stand up to bullies (starts crying a bit again)

A gay guy I was friends with a Hat Trick gave me a filthy look. [Not sure why it's important he is gay?]

No justification for this that and the other. Cervix-havers and menstruators and bleeders.

Eventually he hopes that he will win and produce the Father Ted musical and Hat Trick are on the side of homophobes who come after barristers and very wealthy private psychologists.

HAT TRICK AND SONIA FRIEDMAN PRODUCTIONS OWE ME AN APOLOGY FOR CALLING MY WIFE (WHEN I WAS MARRIED) BECAUSE THATS PART OF THE REASON SHE DIVORCED ME!!!

I'm going to ask the same money for Hat Trick to produce it

HOW CAN SONIA FRIEDMAN STAND BY WHEN WHAT HAPPENED TO J.K. ROWLING!??!?

sighs

Mindy Simmons

idunnosomename

it's a Bänanabunker broadcast classic. someone needs to rip it and reupload it stat. many big laughs

iamcoop

That really cheered me up.

"Freakin' bananas" as they say in America (I imagine).

Blaming Hat Trick for the disintegration of his marriage was a highlight.

Barry Admin

Just stuck it on and he's blaming Hat Trick for ruining his marriage?

Watching from the start now, he's shaking like a shitting dog again, and claims he mentioned JK Rowling in a letter to Hat Trick. LOL.

Ayasakura

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 23, 2022, 08:49:58 PMLol called it. I still can't get diagnosed over here for it without going private, but he can certainly afford that.

YEP. I said this in an old thread that I recognised ADHD traits in him. The jiggling leg thing is actually a huge tell because I do it as well and I am absolutely not aware of it most of the time. The only thing that stops it is using a fidget toy for my hands instead. The other huge tell is the addiction to twitter and the fact he's said in the past he was not able to write because of it, back when he still wrote for a living.

The absolute rage he gets when someone disagrees with him is classic rejection sensitive dysphoria (RSD) too, which is baked into ADHD. I know this because I have it. I tried for years to fix it, and not either fly into a rage or become suicidally depressed every time I'd been rejected - RSD is a life ruiner. The only thing that worked was ADHD meds. I get a small dose of legalised amphetamine every day and it has been transformational. I am a different person.

I say this not to excuse a single thing this cunt has done. I ruined my own life due to undiagnosed ADHD too and I didn't get a pass for it and nor did I deserve one (although to be clear, I wasn't going around spewing bigotry). He is a bad person, he has caused so much harm to people who did nothing to him, and nothing he could do could ever make up for that at this point. But I do wonder, if he got diagnosed and treated, would that be the thing that ends this, because he would no longer be filled with endless rage and obsession.

I might be wrong for many reasons, chiefly that meds don't work for everyone. But also because he might just carry right on being a cunt. The evidence strongly suggests he would.

thr0b

Unsure if real or parody.

Edit: Glinner commentary, not the post immediately above.

iamcoop

Imagine being a bit naive to this and tuning into that video to genuinely get some news about a musical you've been looking forward to, only to find a man trying not to cry blathering on about breast tissue and lesbians. Absolutely fucking spectacular.

retsuza

He actually blames a production company calling his wife for his divorce hahaha holy fucking shit

frajer

Even Randy Quaid just stood and saluted the lunacy on display in that vid. He never fails to astonish, does he.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 03:46:22 PMit's a Bänanabunker broadcast classic. someone needs to rip it and reupload it stat. many big laughs

idunnosomename

I think there's quite a bit aimed at Sonia Friedman in that too, because he's such a defender of women (as long as they agree with him). well good luck getting your show made when you're insulting one of the most prolific theatre producers in the West End and Broadway

you know it was someone from the company saying to Helen "is Graham ok?" and he being WIFE!!! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?!?!

Ex_GC

"They won't be moving ahead with me attached" does that mean they want to make it but without his involvement? Or is it a way of saying it won't be happening at all?

jobotic

Is this is his "vindication" broadcast? Parade the prisoners!

DrGreggles

It was never going to happen and this is him trying to blame others for it not happening.