Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 24, 2022, 03:59:37 PM"They won't be moving ahead with me attached" does that mean they want to make it but without his involvement? Or is it a way of saying it won't be happening at all?
well, they can't make it without his involvement without his permission because it's partly his intellectual property. he implied he's going to ask them for £200k to make it without him

QDRPHNC

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 03:40:37 PMGervais and Chappelle get all the money from NetFlix while I get beaten up in an alley.

Technically, it's trans people who are getting beaten up in alleys.

And Gervais and Chappelle get all the money because - despite their shit views and shit comedy - they personally haven't become so utterly unhinged and toxic that even to be seen associating with them is enough to call one's mental state into question.

Aside from that though, perfect analogy.

retsuza

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 03:58:44 PMI think there's quite a bit aimed at Sonia Friedman in that too, because he's such a defender of women (as long as they agree with him). well good luck getting your show made when you're insulting one of the most prolific theatre producers in the West End and Broadway

you know it was someone from the company saying to Helen "is Graham ok?" and he being WIFE!!! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?!?!

It must have been that GAY man who gave him a filthy look

QDRPHNC

PlanktonSideburns

Magine if a gay lad talked to his WIFE he'd go through the roof

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 03:40:37 PMI said that girls were getting early menopause to someone at Hat Trick and they said "I don't care" *starts to cry*

THIS has cheered me up so much. I love the idea of an exacerbated Hat Trick team member eventually losing his surface servility and saying "I don't care" is sending me (as the kids say).

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 24, 2022, 04:03:20 PMCaB should write Pope Ted. Crowdsource the fucker.

To avoid lawsuits we should call it Father Ben.

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 04:02:09 PMwell, they can't make it without his involvement without his permission because it's partly his intellectual property. he implied he's going to ask them for £200k to make it without him

I'm starting to think "who gives a fuck, mate?". Why is he crying and whining about his professional life to strangers and why should we care about his bank account?

Boring cunt.

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on May 24, 2022, 04:07:11 PMWhy is he crying and whining about his professional life to strangers
because, and this is the fun part, he has no remaining family or friends to talk to so the only thing he can talk to is his laptop webcam and YouTube live chat of Glincels

Ex_GC

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 04:02:09 PMwell, they can't make it without his involvement without his permission because it's partly his intellectual property. he implied he's going to ask them for £200k to make it without him

He said a few months back he was offered 200k to drop out

idunnosomename

yes I know it doesnt quite make sense, but it's 200k on his terms? also it might be PLUS royalties when it's made, rather than an advance, I suppose

jobotic

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 04:09:45 PMbecause, and this is the fun part, he has no remaining family or friends to talk to so the only thing he can talk to is his laptop webcam and YouTube live chat of Glincels

And of course never forget the grift. His new "better friends" are paying for him to sit around doing fuck all except repost shit on his blog, creep on the women he interviews and take flights from Norwich to Edinburgh (see: creeping). They need a few teary updates every now and then to keep the purse-coin clasps lubricated.

Ayasakura

Quote from: thr0b on May 24, 2022, 03:47:39 PMUnsure if real or parody.

Edit: Glinner commentary, not the post immediately above.

I mean I am a big lefty queer neurodivergent woman who supports trans rights, so to Graham I AM a parody. The only thing I'm missing is the blue hair.

Ferris

HT: take 200k, walk away, and we'll make it without you

Glin: no

HT: ok, then we won't make it at all because you won't give us permission

Glin: i have been canceled

Barry Admin

The glincels are outraged and desperate to crowdfund a musical.

Surrounding yourself with these kinds of fawning lickspittles for years can't be good for you.

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 24, 2022, 03:57:33 PM

Jesus, looks like he had been crying well before he started recording. Almost feel sorry for the enormous fucker. Almost.

Twit 2

That Gervais bit is lazy, barrel-scraping shite, even by his standards. There are no jokes. It's just a string of buzzwords:

beards...penises...pronouns...bathrooms...rape

Absolute hack cunt. Richard Littlejohn-tier cynical garabage. Laughing all the way to the bank at selling bigotry to cunts. Soulless artistically-bereft husk of a man. Hope he gets squashed by a lorry.

DigForVictory

I'm glad he still thinks Pope Ted will happen, that delusion just prolongs the agony and upset for him when it inevitably doesn't happen.

I hope he buys it off Hat Trick and it completely fucks him over financially.

Jerzy Bondov

Ahh lovely. He was on a real high watching Ricky Gervais doing his joke, but then he got some bad news and cried about it. Lovely.

mtpromises

Wow, the big news is it's not Pope Ted The Musical, but Father Ted "The Final Episode" The Musical.

Graham called a Hat Trick employee a "friend of 20 years".  Further proof he has no friends.

I can't believe the 200k has been a real offer since 2019.  Maybe it was a real offer before he went really deep, but by now surely they know he's too far gone.  Why would you risk 3 or 5 million on a production so interwoven with a bigot?

Ferris

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2022, 04:29:20 PMThe glincels are outraged and desperate to crowdfund a musical.

Surrounding yourself with these kinds of fawning lickspittles for years can't be good for you.

Not just fawning, they are actively feeding his delusion and reinforcing his warped sense of reality.

Due to your suffering you will receive your reward (in this life or the next), continue down this path and destroy your personal and professional relationships for yours will be the glory. Don't stop this, don't entertain doubts, you are right and must keep going at this forever.

It's cult-like, honestly.

wrec

This upcoming project that's going to prove people are complicit - that's just going to be either a series of harrassment campaigns or journalisms isn't it?

Way to completely misunderstand and repurpose that William Gibson quote.

Hat Trick can ignore this of course but I wonder if he'll badger them to the point where they make a statement or take legal action.

If he does attempt to "fight" for the musical, will be interesting to see at what point Mathews and Hannon bail (or not).

Biggest lols: Rowling, divorce, angry gay guy

jobotic

Why doesn't he ask Netflix for a hundred million dollars to make a Father Ted special?

petril

DrGreggles

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 24, 2022, 04:03:20 PMCaB should write Pope Ted. Crowdsource the fucker.

Nah, we should do Banana Cunt: The Musical, but unfortunately we're all failed comedy writers.

Josef K

Would there really be anyone who would've boycotted the musical because of Banana Cunt who would be entirely placated and happy to see it if his name was removed? It'd flop either way!

That aside, probably the funniest video featuring a comedian talking about trans people that's been uploaded today.