Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022, John Mulaney, Andy Samberg)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, May 21, 2022, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

I can forgive Harvey Birdman for doing the lol shaggy weed thing because the show is really funny.

dissolute ocelot

Just watched this and it's way better than I imagined. I imagined it would be really bad. It's nice that it has so many background jokes and sight gags without pausing to go "Ha look at that aren't we great?" Similar energy to the Lego movie or Lego Batman. Not as funny but consistently entertaining.

At heart it's a nice story for kids about friends reuniting but it's a hundred times better than a lot of kids movies. And while I have no idea about some of the references, it's nice that they have a lot of classic Disney, it's not all "member 2019?". How many kids movies would reference films from the 40s or 60s? Something for all ages.

Replies From View

Energy of the Lego movie is fuckin sugar fuelled mania that doesn't let up.  Usually you get that for the first five minutes while they set the scene, then they relax and the story starts, but in the Lego movie it doesn't do that, it just keeps going with one manic episode after another.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 25, 2022, 08:20:35 AMHow many kids movies would reference films from the 40s or 60s? Something for all ages.

Why is anyone with memories of the 1940s spending their last few hours studying Simon, Alvin and Theodore's latest cinematic exploits?  Boomers need a clip round the ear for that.

Mister Six

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on May 25, 2022, 01:53:28 PMNah, it's great, granddad.

The sequel was surprisingly nothingy though.

I'm with you on both points there, love the original and it was a real surprise as to just how joyful it was.

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2022, 11:38:16 AMWhy is anyone with memories of the 1940s spending their last few hours studying Simon, Alvin and Theodore's latest cinematic exploits?  Boomers need a clip round the ear for that.

This is Chip and Dale, not Alvin and the Chipmunks, granddad.

Replies From View

Well it was very crap, and yes they are the same characters in number, name and form.

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2022, 03:04:50 PMWell it was very crap, and yes they are the same characters in number, name and form.

"Two is the same as three" says man with audacity to mock the elderly despite his own encroaching senility. (Just kidding, just kidding.)

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2022, 03:04:50 PMWell it was very crap, and yes they are the same characters in number, name and form.

Alvin, Simon and Theodore are the same names as Chip and Dale, says clever adult man.

Replies From View

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2022, 04:31:06 PMHow are they different?

Chip 'N Dale is a pun on the popular 17th century cabinet maker Thomas Chippendale, whereas Alvin, Theodore and Simon were early believers in Buddha, hence Alvin and the Chipmonks.

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 25, 2022, 05:23:43 PMChip 'N Dale is a pun on the popular 17th century cabinet maker Thomas Chippendale, whereas Alvin, Theodore and Simon were early believers in Christianity, hence Alvin and the Chipmonks.

How are their names different though.

Also how are their numbers and forms different.

Blumf

Saw this at a friend's place. It's okay, but feels very cheap. Something to do with the camera's they're using? Having the 2D characters cell-shaded was a bit distracting also, this was no Roger Rabbit. Not holding any of this against the film, it's a budget job, fair enough.

Story was slight but fine, the real interest was just spotting the refs. It passed the time. Friend's kids seemed to enjoy it okay, but I get the feeling it's not a film they'll be clamouring to see again (they are currently big fans of Short Circuit)

Captain GumbyPutty was a scary fucker at the end.

Dex Sawash

Chip and Dale are only good when being cunts to a duck. Are they cunty toward any ducks in this?

Consignia

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 31, 2022, 11:45:34 AMChip and Dale are only good when being cunts to a duck. Are they cunty toward any ducks in this?

Yes!

Spoiler alert
They piss off Darkwing Duck at the end.
[close]