Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shooting #24601

Started by bgmnts, May 15, 2022, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

If only the school didn't have walls then they would have been able to sniper the shooter.

Ban walls.

idunnosomename

Quote from: JamesTC on May 26, 2022, 01:37:24 PMIf only the school didn't have walls then they would have been able to sniper the shooter.

Ban walls.
farsight xr-20

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 26, 2022, 01:25:58 PMTheres lengthy streamed footage by parents outside, and the cops were refusing to let anyone go in, while not going in themselves. It was an hour until the SWAT team arrived.

Good guys with guns indeed.

So the nutcase was alone with the kids and his rifle for an hour? Fucking hell that's horrible. I'm guessing those cops only had pistols so felt unprepared to take him on. Still fucking sickening though

touchingcloth

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 26, 2022, 02:11:43 PMSo the nutcase was alone with the kids and his rifle for an hour? Fucking hell that's horrible. I'm guessing those cops only had pistols so felt unprepared to take him on. Still fucking sickening though

The shooter was apparently in armour as well, so you have to assume they'd be cautious about shooting but not incapacitating him.

JamesTC

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 26, 2022, 02:17:40 PMThe shooter was apparently in armour as well, so you have to assume they'd be cautious about shooting but not incapacitating him.
That's a big "apparently", there are other stories that the police were just fucking useless.

Poobum

But, but, good guys with guns? Oh, yeah, American police...

JesusAndYourBush

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 26, 2022, 03:01:08 PMThat's an average of one every 5.3 days!

that's enough for a weekly review of them, school massacre bulletin perhaps?

pigamus

Captain Z

When the bullet hits your vest
Doesn't penetrate your chest
That's armour-e

Cold Meat Platter

The cop in this video admits that at least one cop went into the school early to try to get their own kid out.

https://twitter.com/MikePrysner/status/1529829172876414976

Blumf

Quote from: JamesTC on May 26, 2022, 02:28:04 PMBan armour.

https://www.uk.safeguardclothing.com/blogs/articles/body-armour-uk-law/
QuoteUNITED KINGDOM
In the United Kingdom, there are currently no legal restrictions on the purchase and ownership of body armour.

UNITED STATES
In the United States it is legal to purchase and possess body armour, except for a few states:
  • In Connecticut, body armour can only be purchased in person, and cannot be purchased online, over the phone, or by mail.
  • In New York, a proposed ban of body armour for private citizens is currently debated.
  • In Kentucky, committing a crime while wearing or even owning body armour is a crime in and of itself
  • In Louisiana, it is illegal to wear body armour on school property or on campus.

So, the US is less free than the UK on the issue of body armour. Funny old world, innit?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 26, 2022, 02:32:08 PMThat's a big "apparently", there are other stories that the police were just fucking useless.

Honestly, I'm not sure what a non-useless response looks like in this case. Shooting from afar and not even injuring the shooter seems like a bad option on the assumption that maybe that just prompts them to shoot all the kids straight away. Storming the classroom, but maybe they're armoured enough that you can't incapacitate them quickly but they manage to quickly take out a few kids before they get overpowered. Maybe piping in some sort of gas? I don't know if there's a way to guarantee zero dead kids.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Blumf on May 26, 2022, 03:45:05 PMSo, the US is less free than the UK on the issue of body armour. Funny old world, innit?

in a way yes but then again we don't have a constant voice like the NRA's tooting out we all should stock up with it and guns to 'protect' ourselves, I hope to god we never go down that cultural rabbit hole of what our rights are for guns etc

Vitamin C

All schools should have a deadly gas ready to be piped in at any moment. Problem solved.

JamesTC

Quote from: Blumf on May 26, 2022, 03:45:05 PMhttps://www.uk.safeguardclothing.com/blogs/articles/body-armour-uk-law/
So, the US is less free than the UK on the issue of body armour. Funny old world, innit?

Texas needs to get a move on and ban it ASAP. Lives are at stake here.

JaDanketies

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 26, 2022, 03:54:55 PMMaybe piping in some sort of gas?

In the Moscow theater hostage crisis in 2002 the Ruskies pumped an unknown drug into the building, which successfully subdued 40 hostage-takers but also killed up to 130 innocents.

steve98

Parents just have to accept that when they send their kids off to school there's a small chance they won't be coming back alive. Sad but true.

JamesTC

Ban everything apart from guns and then work backwards from there. Bullet based currency until money is unbanned.

gilbertharding

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 26, 2022, 04:00:40 PMIn the Moscow theater hostage crisis in 2002 the Ruskies pumped an unknown drug into the building, which successfully subdued 40 hostage-takers but also killed up to 130 innocents.

Bloody commies.

Uncle TechTip

Just control the ammo, I mean the constitution says nothing about that (no idea really)

Blumf

Quote from: JamesTC on May 26, 2022, 04:05:16 PMBan everything apart from guns and then work backwards from there. Bullet based currency until money is unbanned.

"That'll be 0.06 please"
"Can you break a .50?"
"Sure"
<BLAM>
"Here's you .22 change"
<bang, bang>

JamesTC

Open All Hours US Remake praised by critics.

JamesTC

Fuck me. Even my shitposting couldn't match their insanity.

bgmnts

Better fences
Higher fences

Made me laugh so hard I was surprised.

Blumf

Only way to stop a bad Formula 1 boss with a gun is a good Formula 1 boss with a gun

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61596393
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seecamp

...or a customs check.

ajsmith2

'Don't be triggered?' How are the staff and pupils meant to fire their God-given guns then?

idunnosomename

Ballistic blankets sounds like a very specific cut-price store

A series of interlocking doors / tripwire / trap the shooter like a rat really sounds like a classic Harry Shearer simpsons line