Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:39:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmoney

I forgot about the can trick! Invaluable if it works.

Mobius

I've seen people posting videos of it since the episode and apparently it does work! I always thought you just tapped the top (which never worked for me)

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 25, 2022, 08:27:56 PMHoward carefully rotating the ginger ale can foreshadowed Lalo patiently screwing the silencer onto his pistol. It also represented Howard's futile attempt to try and contain an explosive situation.

But in that instance it wasn't futile! It worked!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Howard should have rotated Lalo a few times to calm him.

kalowski

Be great if Lalo was Spanish slang for ginger ale.

Mobius

Has anyone got a gif of the look of absolute horror on Saul's face, when he sees Lalo enter the room

non capisco

Watched it for a second time and I like the brief flicker of satisfaction on Howard's face when he appears to thinks Jimmy and Kim's reaction to Lalo's entrance is because he told them he was going to be hell bent on exposing them, changing imperceptibly in the eyes to more of a "what the fuck's up with these two?" face. Patrick Fabian played an absolute blinder.

What an episode. What a show.

batwings

Probably a coincidence but 'can' is also slang for a gun's suppressor/silencer.

NoSleep

JamesTC

Snrub

Well technically via Chuck. I saw someone point out Chuck probably started doing that because Jimmy was messing with his drinks when they were growing up.

beanheadmcginty

Considering how many cans of carbonated drink must be consumed every day, how has this not been common knowledge for years? Why are we only discovering it via this TV show? I mean, everyone's been doing the tapping on the top of the can "trick" for yonks, and that doesn't even work.

Blue Jam

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 26, 2022, 12:32:47 PMI mean, everyone's been doing the tapping on the top of the can "trick" for yonks, and that doesn't even work.

I remember seeing that demonstrated on some children's programme (How2, I think) back in the 90's and Gaz Top or whoever just shook up the can and then took about five minutes to explain the science before tapping on the can and opening it, and of course it didn't erupt because he'd given it five minutes to settle down. I remember thinking it was a bit of a cruel joke and decided I wouldn't be trying that one at home.

I like the way that video has a little sticker of Saul looking cynical in the background, like he's watching and isn't at all convinced it'll work.

Chollis

Quote from: poo on May 25, 2022, 10:55:18 AMPoor Howard. Am I supposed to be rooting for Howard and Lalo? Cos I am.

same. i can't even remember why they were targeting Howard so hard but i was on his side by the end.

Lalo absolutely marmalises Kim, Saul kills Lalo, everybody's happy

NoSleep

Quote from: Chollis on May 26, 2022, 03:21:54 PMI can't even remember why they were targeting Howard so hard but I was on his side by the end.

It's a mess. Jimmy is projecting his own guilt over Chuck's death onto Howard, who also feels guilty and confessed this to Jimmy. Jimmy seemed to hate Howard even more when he offered him a job at HHM (after meeting him at the courthouse practicing as Saul).

Blue Jam

As Kim was masterminding the plot against Howard and Jimmy was doing all the heavy lifting, I had been wondering if this was Jimmy being needy again, trying to keep Kim interested by trying to be whatever he thinks she wants him to be. He was a bit taken aback when Kim suggested ruining Howard's reputation but then got swept up in it. And he was up for calling the whole thing off on D-Day and really wanted Kim to go to that meeting and secure her dream job instead.

BritishHobo

There's a real horror in that Jimmy saw what a campaign of gaslighting and trickery can lead to, when Chuck collapsed in the copy place and nearly died. That he has then quite happily gone far, far further with Howard.

Blue Jam

Nice little infographic from Reddit showing the IMDB users' score for each episode of BrBa and BCS:

People do love a death episode don't they? And they really don't like flies.

buttgammon

'Fly' is brilliant in my opinion, but I am a massive sucker for bottle episodes.

'Rock and Hard Place' and 'Plan and Execution' are simply two of the best TV episodes I've ever seen.

druss

Not beyond the realms of possibility we might get another Ozymandias before the show finishes...

Pimhole

Is no one going to mention the way Americans pronounce "centrifugal"?

Spoiler alert
"Buoy"
[close]

kalowski

Especially since Howard was talking about the bubbles moving towards the centre, is that's centripetal.

lankyguy95

It was a good episode this week but I don't understand why people have gone quite so nuts about it. The best BCS episode? Really?

druss

Quote from: lankyguy95 on May 26, 2022, 10:26:07 PMIt was a good episode this week but I don't understand why people have gone quite so nuts about it. The best BCS episode? Really?
Well... yes.

NoSleep

Quote from: lankyguy95 on May 26, 2022, 10:26:07 PMIt was a good episode this week but I don't understand why people have gone quite so nuts about it. The best BCS episode? Really?

I don't think people are going nuts about it just in itself. It's just one that brought paths together that have been woven for several seasons. The beauty of BCS is how fragmented the different threads of the story have been; many of the characters completely unaware of one another; a complex web of tension built up now over years. And we inevitably knew from the out who is not present in BB, so the question throughout BCS was always going to be how.

Twit 2

GO AND WATCH BLOKE CLEANING CHIP FRYERS

Hat FM

well what a boring finale...just kidding!

can someone explain to me how lale knew about the lab being built? and how did he know he had to go to Germany to speak to the archtects? sorry i missed this!

The one thing that ruins this show for me; when breaking bad was on i used to listen to the podcast. now whenever there is some tricky, subtle or 'smart' shot i can't help but imagine Vince Gilligan explaining how they thought of it and filmed it with his little chuckle. does anyone else suffer from this?!

The Guppy

Quote from: Hat FM on May 27, 2022, 01:56:50 PMcan someone explain to me how lale knew about the lab being built? and how did he know he had to go to Germany to speak to the archtects? sorry i missed this!
He was spying on Mike during a previous season. He knew something was going on, that it involved the laundry and he managed to speak to Ziegler on the phone before Mike cut him off. He knew Ziegler died working on something for Gus.

Blue Jam

Lalo also had a meeting with Gus where he had a tour of the site, with Gus telling him it was going to be a chiller room for chickens. Lalo wasn't convinced and his suspicions that it was something not so innocuous were confirmed when he got to speak to Ziegler.

Lalo also swiped documents from Travelwire which showed Werner and Margarethe's home address (and even the fact that they had a dog!).

Can someone please explain something for me? What does Lalo want with Kim and Jimmy? Why are they next in the chain? How could they provide any proof that Gus was responsible for the hit on his compound?

Hat FM

thanks guys. my recall for detail on this show is really bad for some reason.