Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spinal Tap II is happening...

Started by The Mollusk, May 13, 2022, 07:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 27, 2022, 10:06:27 PMMy only worry is Guest. His last decent project was A Mighty Wind and that's 19 years ago and he's been pumping out mediocre fare since then. And For Your Consideration was both quite average and he couldn't muster the backbone to spurn the advances of Ricky Gervais, that's concerning.

I personally loved For Your Consideration but his more recent Mascots was a bit flat although not without its moments.

g0m

checkoutgirl

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 27, 2022, 11:23:56 PMI personally loved For Your Consideration but his more recent Mascots was a bit flat although not without its moments.

Mascots was okay, well crafted but not really funny, my favourite since Wind. I think Guest's stuff suffers with the fresh blood he's brought in. Tap II will have the original trio so more hopeful. Fingers crossed the pasty doesn't stick his oar in.

UltimoLJ

I'd be well up for a bit of visual comedy thrown in there. Not sure why, but just imagining them confronting their frailties in extremely brash ways, one of them physically not able to hold their instrument up anymore appeals.

Anvil the documentary did the Spinal Tap but not successful thing to almost perfection in an actual documentary, and Bros did the 'bands getting back together' thing also almost to hilarious perfection.

Just happy to give them a crack at it. Doesn't delete the first one.

If they 'audition' members of the band as an excuse to be droll about a montage of guest appearances I will scowl, however.

Mobius

Quote from: UltimoLJ on May 29, 2022, 11:36:43 PMIf they 'audition' members of the band as an excuse to be droll about a montage of guest appearances I will scowl, however.

Christopher Guest is good mates with Ricky Gervais isn't he?

I smell a Brent cameo.... Get the guitar.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: Mobius on May 29, 2022, 11:38:30 PMChristopher Guest is good mates with Ricky Gervais isn't he?

I smell a Brent cameo.... Get the guitar.

In which Brent is with the band backstage. It's going well, then fractious. Brent has a short burst of outrage and incredulity which silences the room. Looks to camera before an exasperated exit.

First and final draft right there.