Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lozza's Libel Trial

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 19, 2022, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Any country that doesn't presuppose it's average person is a credulous numbskull is either very ahead of its time or needs a particularly caustic word with its self

petril

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on May 19, 2022, 12:59:44 PM

does anyone else just get the "...THAT YOU CAN LEGALLY BUY IN SHOPS" bit play in their head at photos like these?

Cold Meat Platter

Juan K Perros

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2022, 04:59:21 PMMy Cousin Smelly

He's no longer on the telly
He's his family's sense of shame
He's less gold lame, more just lame

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: petril on May 20, 2022, 02:44:46 AMdoes anyone else just get the "...THAT YOU CAN LEGALLY BUY IN SHOPS" bit play in their head at photos like these?

Ha, yes indeed. Poor Looza is more ridiculous than Donny Tourette.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 20, 2022, 05:28:43 AMHa, yes indeed. Poor Looza is more ridiculous than Donny Tourette.

Donny was actually quite funny and self aware / self deprecating on that episode. I rewatched it a couple of years ago and was disgusted by the treatment he received.

Kankurette

Some people, such as Jurgen Klopp or Kate Moss, look hot while smoking. Lawrence Fox is not one of them.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't think anyone will beat Lauren Bacall in that regard.

But then it isn't the 40's any more.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: jobotic on May 19, 2022, 01:28:45 PMDidn't they accuse him of being racist (which he is, genuinely or for grift)? He then accused them of being paedophiles.

BUT his argument is that their accusation was ridiculous, so he made an obviously equally ridiculous one back to illustrate that. He wasn't reeeaaallly calling them pedos on the loose.
Calling him a racist is at least defensible as honest opinion (like when Kezia Dugdale called Stuart Campbell a homophobe, happy days). But it's a bit harder to argue that calling someone a paedophile is fair comment ("But guv doesn't his girlfriend look underage?").

JaDanketies

From what I can see, the 'libel-proof plaintiff doctrine' relates to the person who has been libelled already having such a shit reputation that it doesn't matter what you say about them - you can't sully their reputation any more.

So I don't know if there's a name for the defence for what, for instance, Alex Jones or Lawrence Fox or David Icke might say, if the idea is that nobody's really supposed to take him seriously so no harm has actually been caused. But if there is one, it's called something other than the 'libel-proof plaintiff doctrine'.

Kankurette

People call him racist because he says racist things. Bit different from fucking children.

Quote from: bgmnts on May 19, 2022, 05:01:47 PMIs he the only person in history to have a muscle touching ban?

Why should you never take PA to a seafood restaurant?

Because he will try and grab your mussels

Gurke and Hare

frajer

You love to see it.

Linehan: "You know all that stuff about me coining "groomer." Can I surprise you? I didn't."

jobotic

He won't be paying it will he? And we won't know who is.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on May 27, 2022, 09:41:52 AMHe won't be paying it will he? And we won't know who is.

QuoteSo, I got to ask Laurence Fox in person  today who's funding his defamation defence.

He didn't answer, asked me what colour knickers I was wearing, then didn't answer some more.

What's he so afraid of people knowing?
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1530214366351597569

Grim.

bgmnts

Admittedly, I am quite open about fancying the pants off Ash Sarkar but fucking hell.

jobotic

What a fucking cunt (who smells of shit).

Why is he being funded? I mean I know why but he's so fucking shit at everything he does.

Cold Meat Platter

Can't reveal my source for their safety but I know pretty much for sure who is funding this guy.

Spoiler alert
[close]

Kankurette

Koch Brothers, or someone similar. And can Fox just not be disgusting to a woman for once?

Blumf

Quote from: Kankurette on May 28, 2022, 07:28:49 PMAnd can Fox just not be disgusting to a woman for once?

Would you like the moon on a stick as well?

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2022, 04:51:32 PMPurple Aki represents himself in court and sometimes gets off.

I BET HE DOES THE DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS ETC

(Gah, fecking ninja'd!)

TrenterPercenter

Sorry to bump the old thread and post about this fucker but today he has been threatening to libel Mukhtar for calling him a racist earlier today.  Mukhtar called his bluff, but Lozza was adamant that he is going to take him to court.  He's been embarrassing Fox all day and then Fox has just lost his rag and called someone else a racist.

https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1653501733115514889

It's been very funny.

touchingcloth

Kankurette

Est-ce que ce connard est mort?

hexa

Quote from: somersetchris on May 19, 2022, 08:21:14 PMYes doesn't Tucker Carlson (and Alex Jones) hide behind this? Apparently no reasonable person would believe what Tucker Carlson says therefore he is immune to libel claims, despite broadcasting on a channel which literally has 'News' as part of the name.

yeah but Fox went to court over their right to lie to their viewers - and won.

Pink Gregory

TrenterPercenter

Just a lefty on Twitter which is why Fox thought he could bully him with threats, but he picked the wrong person to intimidate and got absolutely ripped apart.

poodlefaker

I heard he once abseiled into court...