Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais: SuperNature

Started by Blue Jam, July 29, 2018, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

^very good

New page no context

Cold Meat Platter

He loves telling interviewers how fucking useless he is and how he'd be dead if it wasn't for his partner.
This sort of stuff is a red flag from someone half his age. A 60 year old man saying he can't take care of himself isn't cute, it's pathetic.

I can't drive either.

phes

That's not a red flag and obviously bullshit anyway as he's carved out a phenomenally lucrative career despite having no talent

bgmnts

Quote from: Ferris on May 27, 2022, 03:41:54 PMThe atheism thing is just so tedious. I'm an atheist, but who cares?

It's hardly an outré position, a quick google says 40-60% of the UK is non-religious or atheist depending on how you measure it.

Oooh, how brave mate. You're saying the unsayable!

It is tedious but considering the overwhelming majority of the global population is still very religious and believes in oppressing people's freedoms and killing each other based partly on those stupid beliefs, it becomes more understandable I think.

Anyway, esquire article:

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a40113434/ricky-gervais-supernature-review/

checkoutgirl

Quote"The ones with wombs. Those fucking dinosaurs. I love the new women. They're great, aren't they? The new ones we've been seeing lately. The ones with beards and cocks."

What's his fucking problem? If millionaires are a minority, why doesn't he do a tight 20 on late stage capitalism, the cost of living crisis and that?

To be honest, if he could actually do some stuff on trans people, positive and negative, that was well written, I'd have much less problems with it. But it's the kind of material your mate would come up with down the pub that you wouldn't bother listening to properly. Rick charges 40 quid a ticket and 20 million to Netflix.

Maybe if Netflix and punters stopped shovelling money at him he'd think about doing something a bit better. There are open mic people who could beat him hands down.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'll bet there are trans comedians out there who've done stuff about being trans. And it's actually funny because they know what they're talking about.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on May 27, 2022, 11:51:39 PMIt is tedious but considering the overwhelming majority of the global population is still very religious and believes in oppressing people's freedoms and killing each other based partly on those stupid beliefs, it becomes more understandable I think.

Anyway, esquire article:

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a40113434/ricky-gervais-supernature-review/

Quote from: Ferris on May 27, 2022, 04:35:57 PMHe'd be saying the unsayable if he was doing his shtick in Mississippi or Dhaka.

If he did that, I'd rescind all criticism.

Ron Superior

Ok, genuine question.

https://twitter.com/ARosenflower/status/1529178901087404039?t=pbltMyC14TujGwqjJaV9CA&s=19

Aside from how pathetic the squeeing over a like from Ricky is, is this referring to the bits where he's correcting people about pronoun use, such as "what if she raped me"? Or is it about another bit? Because I've heard that argument a lot since the special dropped, that he's using exact quotes from TRAs, and I'm not convinced that's actually true. Is it?

Dog Botherer

what is it with GCunts and Fargo?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 28, 2022, 07:56:14 AMOk, genuine question.

https://twitter.com/ARosenflower/status/1529178901087404039?t=pbltMyC14TujGwqjJaV9CA&s=19

Aside from how pathetic the squeeing over a like from Ricky is, is this referring to the bits where he's correcting people about pronoun use, such as "what if she raped me"? Or is it about another bit? Because I've heard that argument a lot since the special dropped, that he's using exact quotes from TRAs, and I'm not convinced that's actually true. Is it?
Of course it fucking isn't. Ricky Cunt is mocking a strawman who is more outraged about trans people being misgendered than all the rapes that trans people (well, just trans women, who all have beards and cocks and are really just men in dresses) definitely do.

Dr Rock

If they know them to be quotes it would be easy to prove it. So, no just some twat.

The Guppy

Quote from: Dog Botherer on May 28, 2022, 08:00:50 AMwhat is it with GCunts and Fargo?
The main character is a pregnant woman, the best kind of woman.

But for some reason they never have Juno avatars.

Replies From View

The audience really whoops with sycophantic joy when he does his "I'm a white male multi-millionaire" bit.  Not ironic laughter - not 'oh haha he's going to do his "I am a minority of under 1%" joke' - but proper whooping like they're proud of him or think he's done well for himself or yes let's cheer and whoop for the multi-millionaire or something.

I can't work it out.  Genuinely stumped.  They do the same thing every time he mentions his money - "It's usually money coming through the door" etc - and also when he says "especially in the BBC" about paedo staff. 

BBC hate, hooray for the millionaires having their own money, what's going on?  I know this is small fry compared to the strawmen he's erecting to perform anti-trans material, but Gervais himself is a known quantity of cunt at the moment.  What's perplexing me is his audience triggered into rhythms of sycophantic apoplexy over literally a rich man saying "I am rich".

It's because he's their proof that nasty cunts like themselves can do well

Ron Superior

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2022, 08:04:11 AMIf they know them to be quotes it would be easy to prove it. So, no just some twat.

Yeah, that's what I always thought, but so many people have been so fervent that it's their actual words that I started to wonder.

But this is such a huge part of the problem with the whole thing. Huge comics making trans people a significant part of their show about trans people being a problem, all having beards and cocks, all raping women in bathrooms, and all people arguing for trans rights being full of shit. For enough people who don't really care about the issue that just becomes the perceived norm or the matter. So they don't need to care about trans rights, and they can move on.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 28, 2022, 09:53:47 AMso many people have been so fervent that it's their actual words

Jesus Christ, what morons. Some people believe what they want I guess.

RicoMNKN

I looked at who Ricky is following on Twitter and it's people like Sharron Davies.  People who already hold his opinion.  No one who might actually have a professional understanding of the subject and show it to be a bit more complicated.  What a rationalist.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 28, 2022, 07:56:14 AMOk, genuine question.

Pretty sure they're citing the reaction to Chris Chan?

phes

Quote from: RicoMNKN on May 28, 2022, 10:07:07 AMI looked at who Ricky is following on Twitter and it's people like Sharron Davies.  People who already hold his opinion.  No one who might actually have a professional understanding of the subject and show it to be a bit more complicated.  What a rationalist.

Ricky Gervais won't put himself in a situation, ever, where there's a chance that he'll be seriously challenged by anyone with credentials. He's spent 15 years building an echo chamber, spoon feeding idiots, relentlessly bombarding them with friendly reviews and softball interviews parroting the same marketing. He has a chronically fragile ego and like most bullies he knows that his stock would shrivel if he allowed himself to be humiliated. The guy is a coward

Ron Superior

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 28, 2022, 10:35:58 AMPretty sure they're citing the reaction to Chris Chan?

It's the closest thing I can think of. But in which case that's absolutely not what literally 99.999% of TRAs think or say.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 28, 2022, 10:48:53 AMIt's the closest thing I can think of. But in which case that's absolutely not what literally 99.999% of TRAs think or say.

Indeed. But Gervais definitely seems to be referring to the people who insisted that Chan's correct pronouns were still used, because that then supposedly means you care more about pronouns than about the fact they raped their own Mother.

Just seen a shitty parody by the transphobic moley:

JamesTC

AzureSky

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 27, 2022, 02:22:00 PMInteresting to see s Lee on the bill. Can't imagine him doing a show like that today

He done it many times since, usually in character, with a mask or costume on or something, so Gervais is the aberration here.

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 28, 2022, 10:54:32 AMIndeed. But Gervais definitely seems to be referring to the people who insisted that Chan's correct pronouns were still used, because that then supposedly means you care more about pronouns than about the fact they raped their own Mother.

Just seen a shitty parody by the transphobic moley:

Ohoho, the piliferous Moley strikes again!

Total brain rot. Even Gervais could do better than that and he's scraping the latrine every time he opens his mouth.

Replies From View

"Hello, this show is called SuperNature because I will debunk the supernatural in this."