Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morgan takes 6 week break from TalkTV lol

Started by Cold Meat Platter, May 27, 2022, 11:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

In a surprise tribute to Andrew Neil, enchanted dung-beast Piers Morgan has taken a 6 week break from his hit new TV show.

Have the shit-munchers finally had enough of this kind of drivel? Or are the gammons too intransigent to even entertain a new TV channel?

Sebastian Cobb

idunnosomename

lol

however Andrew Neill was invited back on Radio 4 the other afternoon. The host was just like "it's the one and only Andrew Neill" and completely ignored the fact he'd bet on a channel that's now run by children pretending to be Jim Davidson. it won't matter. the problem for UK TV channels trying to be like Fox News is that all of our newspapers are basically Fox News, and the BBC takes them at face value. And they will eat it from the inside out

Fry

Fox News had the advantage of being in TV for decades before the media landscape got so messed up by the internet, and even they are dropping viewers (complete guess, have not checked). It's got to be nearly impossible to generate an audience for tired rightwing toss on TV from scratch.

shoulders

Wasn't the bus advert:

'Love or hate him, you've got to watch him'

I think they misinterpreted when and why TV shows he has been on have been popular.

GMB and BGT would have been popular regardless of whether he was there or not because people watch morning news almost regardless for whatever reason, and are pathetically addicted to lowest common denominator shite like Britain's Got Talent.

Also, they have used him as a sort of fatuous gobshite dad in the room saying the sort of things a fatuous gobshite dad would, providing a degree of signal interference to proceedings and breaking up the tedium and monotony of morning news or talent shows structure.

He was a component rather than the leading reason to watch.

Now you're asking people to switch to a channel they've never heard of where he dominates as the main event and making out 'love or hate him you can't miss him'. Turns out people can actually.

It's been good seeing GB News and this fail and people realising the power of not giving these people attention is enormous given the commercial interests concerned.

JamesTC

Oh, you think this exit from a TV channel is a laugh riot, don't you?

Well I'll tell you something that's not so funny. Right now Piers Morgan is at home crying like a little girl.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 27, 2022, 11:41:10 PMlol

however Andrew Neill was invited back on Radio 4 the other afternoon. The host was just like "it's the one and only Andrew Neill" and completely ignored the fact he'd bet on a channel that's now run by children pretending to be Jim Davidson. it won't matter. the problem for UK TV channels trying to be like Fox News is that all of our newspapers are basically Fox News, and the BBC takes them at face value. And they will eat it from the inside out

I honestly think Fox news makes the Mail and Sun look relatively moderate in comparison. The problem is we have offcom in the UK so these channels couldn't be like fox if they tried

Sebastian Cobb

The idea that our papers are more like Fox and that they get repeated matter-of-factly by the BBC in 'what the papers say' segments is quite intriguing. I have no idea what US papers are like by comparison, but I guess both Fox and our papers are similar in that it's a slither of news surrounded by egregious editorialising from an anchor/journalist.

steveh

Murdoch's Sky News in Australia were told to shift a popular local presenter to a different time so they could accommodate Morgan's show, but the ratings have been terrible. Can't imagine it's doing much better on Fox News' streaming service in the USA.

Sebastian Cobb

Do the aussies know who Morgan is? I know Piers is known in the thre us as he had a show over there, I think he was mostly liked until he waded in on guns.

touchingcloth

Quote from: shoulders on May 28, 2022, 06:53:09 AMAlso, they have used him as a sort of fatuous gobshite dad in the room saying the sort of things a fatuous gobshite dad would, providing a degree of signal interference to proceedings and breaking up the tedium and monotony of morning news or talent shows structure.

Devil's dadvocate.

Mr_Simnock

Glad to see he now knows just how irrelevant he is compared to what his ego told him, this will be hurting him inside a lot and will continue until he thinks he is popular again which I'm not sure will be any time soon.

Wonderful Butternut

Psybro

Will he be able to swan back onto terrestrial TV with this track record of failure behind him?  He doesn't have Andrew Neil's establishment cachet.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 28, 2022, 01:03:57 PMGlad to see he now knows just how irrelevant he is compared to what his ego told him, this will be hurting him inside a lot and will continue until he thinks he is popular again which I'm not sure will be any time soon.

All building up from his self-important GMB flounce as well. Going to look like he Munsoned it if he's not careful.

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 28, 2022, 01:09:39 PM

Thought he was interviewing Gary Wilson for a minute there! :D

Sharon is barely there as well. They're all jumping ship like the rats they are. They've promised Jeremy Kyle a nightly show so I reckon he'll hang around on the off chance he gets to bully somebody to suicide again.

Blue Jam

Didn't Sharon Osborne fly home to be with Ozzy after he got a nasty dose of the 'vid? Or was that just an excuse? Ozzy's probably fine, I doubt the 'vid could finish him off.

How did Sharon Osborne get a current affairs show on Talk TV anyway? Did she simply qualify for the job by being a terrible person?

Sebastian Cobb

I imagine Kyle will stay put as Talk Radio was his 'bouncing back' from ITV deaths

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 28, 2022, 02:02:20 PMHow did Sharon Osborne get a current affairs show on Talk TV anyway? Did she simply qualify for the job by being a terrible person?

Haha. Yeah, I think the idea is anyone who's been cancelled is welcome. "We're the only station brave enough to give them a voice" sort of thing.

Must run in the family :S

Yeah, could be a convenient excuse, a chance to at the very least distance herself from the station and watch it crumble from the sidelines and not be too closely associated with it's demise.

It seems like everyone involved was expecting it be an instant success. I imagine you have to really work hard at establishing a new channel and it takes a long time, oh, and good content.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Journalists/presenters on TV channels broadcasting in the UK can't say the outrageous lies that the people at Fox News say because they'd lose their Ofcom licences. That's why they just squawk the word "woke" over and over again to the point where it's now devoid of all meaning except as a sign that the person sneering it is a fucking bollocks.

Kankurette

Speaking of the Osbornes, I was reading a thread about Christina Aguilera last night and had forgotten about what a giant arsehole Kelly Osborne was towards her. Aguilera lived rent free in her head and I don't blame her for getting angry and snapping back. And at least Aguilera didn't just get famous because of her dad.

Proactive

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 28, 2022, 01:39:44 PMThought he was interviewing Gary Wilson for a minute there! :D

Meghan made me cry.

Pinball

"It has emerged that the presenter will not be on the channel for about four weeks in late summer, as a result of pre-scheduled holiday along with filming commitments for a true crime documentary series he is making."

Glebe

"I'm taking taking a 6 week break goodnight."

*storms off set*

Attila

I wonder how much money the advertising campaign wasted. There was a giant billboard with his face on it directly opposite my railway station, so after a long day commuters were met with his ugly mug as they left the train. SWR anyway had loads of smaller 'love him or hate him' posters in every carriage, too.

Fambo Number Mive

There was saturation coverage where I am as well. On the sides of buses, on those ads at bus stops, just everywhere. Both for TalkTV and his Scum column. I remember billboards for his column, fairly sure they had billboards for TalkTV.

I did find it a little tedious at the time but it does amuse me how much money was wasted on it. I don't know how much it costs to advertise on the side of a bus or one of those bus stop ads but I doubt it is cheap. And it did feel like every second bus in Oxford had an ad featuring Piers Morgan (though it was probably less than that).

JamesTC

I find it hard to imagine the mindset of someone who gets home from work and decides that watching Piers Morgan being provocative is the best way to spend their free time.

Although I can't imagine who would handle him in the morning either.  Any clips I used to see of him involved people getting angry and heated and shouting over each other.  At 8:00 in the morning?  Fuck that.