Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt of Death Day Jubilation Spectacular

Started by shoulders, May 16, 2022, 02:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: Kankurette on May 27, 2022, 11:42:34 PMSainsbury's was buntimus maximus when I went in there earlier.

There's a post office box outside out local supermarket, which happens to be a Waitrose; someone had done a guerilla knitting on it, and topped it with a little blue blanket, a knitting crown, as knitted corgi, and a few other things (the PO box, not the Waitrose).

The hell of it is, it was really well done work, albeit kitschy as fuck -- we didn't get a photo, but will probably be there in the next couple of days for milk and stuff.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Attila on May 28, 2022, 06:47:47 AMThere's a post office box outside out local supermarket, which happens to be a Waitrose; someone had done a guerilla knitting on it, and topped it with a little blue blanket, a knitting crown, as knitted corgi, and a few other things (the PO box, not the Waitrose).

The hell of it is, it was really well done work, albeit kitschy as fuck -- we didn't get a photo, but will probably be there in the next couple of days for milk and stuff.

This is also happening near me. I have bought matches and lighter fuel.

Attila

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 28, 2022, 07:22:26 AMThis is also happening near me. I have bought matches and lighter fuel.

Alas, we didn't see it til we were back in the car and driving past. Under normal circs, I think the knitted corgi was cute, but then again, I also collect Andrex puppies whenever they show up on offer.

All this palaver going on, never have I been so happy that I had my fingers crossed when I had to swear the oath of loyalty & protection to the Queen and royal family.

(When you become a citizen, you have to say this:

"I, [name], swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British
citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her
Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors
according to law."

(I was allowed to have it modified, because I'm not religious, but couldn't get out of saying it altogether.)

aunt mildred

Never go there anyway but it's enough for me to boycott them for life.

pigamus

I have no memory of the Golden Jubilee whatsoever. Clearly had other things on my mind in 2002

shoulders

Quote from: pigamus on May 28, 2022, 07:31:52 AMI have no memory of the Golden Jubilee whatsoever. Clearly had other things on my mind in 2002

Ahh, hello your Majesty

greencalx

Quote from: Kankurette on May 26, 2022, 10:11:22 AMParents, are your kids' schools asking them to wear red, white and blue for the Jubilee? Is that a thing? Even some workplaces are doing it. What the hell do you do if you're a republican? Call in sick?

Just went back to check the school newsletter for the week ahead. Here's what it has to say about the Jubilee

QuoteOn Thursday and Friday the school will be closed for the Queen's Jubilee.

They did have the kids wearing yellow and blue yesterday. I love that school.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: shoulders on May 28, 2022, 06:36:59 AMWhat would the UK do if the Royal Family were all abducted and killed in the night, to the point where the next in line was 39th in line to the throne?

The sad thing is I think the British public are such snivelling cap doffing creeps they would let that person be King/Queen so the Monarchy could carry on.
The top 100 is here: https://britroyals.com/succession.asp
How far down can you get before you're "who the fuck..?" I reckon it's somewhere between 20 and 30 for me.

touchingcloth

Quote from: shoulders on May 28, 2022, 06:36:59 AMWhat would the UK do if the Royal Family were all abducted and killed in the night, to the point where the next in line was 39th in line to the throne?

The sad thing is I think the British public are such snivelling cap doffing creeps they would let that person be King/Queen so the Monarchy could carry on.

Alec Guinness would have to play all 38 characters.

Blue Jam

Quote from: superthunderstingcar on May 28, 2022, 09:53:32 AMThe top 100 is here: https://britroyals.com/succession.asp
How far down can you get before you're "who the fuck..?" I reckon it's somewhere between 20 and 30 for me.

Why do the British royal family suddenly turn Norwegian at #86?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 27, 2022, 08:09:56 PMI was in London for the CoD's Diamond Jubilee flotilla, when a load of people stood on the banks of the Thames to watch a pampered millionaire float past on a boat while stewards on Workfare shivered as they did the crowd control, unpaid and unqualified, and after a night sleeping in a tent under a bridge. I was going to a conference near London Bridge station and it was busy, but just like a rush hour at noon really.

I was living in London then, and I didn't go into the centre that Sunday, but it was exceptionally vile chillingly cold weather despite it being June. I think it was just that day too.

Worth looking at this for a chuckle how insane it all was
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Diamond_Jubilee_Pageant

shoulders

Quote from: superthunderstingcar on May 28, 2022, 09:53:32 AMThe top 100 is here: https://britroyals.com/succession.asp

So many Lascelles there I'm almost surprised Jamal didn't pop up. Long game on their part. Smart.

Butchers Blind

I think John Goodman made a documentary about this.

SpiderChrist

Going to visit my Mum and brother in Surrey on the Friday and Saturday, and travel home on Sunday, so hopefully will be able to avoid the worst of it. Doing a radio show on Sunday night for a community station that has an event planned for every day of the weekend, so I will forgo my usual pre-show bifter just in case it loosens one too many screws at the back of the tongue and I end up making some kind of treasonous remark on air. My co-presenter is also fervently anti-monarchy, so hopefully we will both still have (voluntary) jobs on the station come 10pm Sunday night.

Blue Jam

Quote from: aunt mildred on May 28, 2022, 07:30:13 AM

I would buy that Corgi cake tbf

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: shoulders on May 28, 2022, 07:39:38 AMAhh, hello your Majesty
Quote from: pigamus on May 28, 2022, 07:31:52 AMI have no memory of the Golden Jubilee whatsoever. Clearly had other things on my mind in 2002

Might have been the events happening in South Korea at the time.

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteI am at the Liverpool fan park in Paris, fans are chanting

"Phillip is dead.
The queen is senile,
And Andrew is a paedophile"

Just be thankful these scenes aren't during the Jubilee #RowntreeInParis #ChampionsLeagueFinal

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonRowntreeUK/status/1530503291318284289

Causing some very salty replies.

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Hey! I may be senile and he may be a nonce but... what was the third thing you said?

JamesTC

I'm filling that corgi cake with fresh cream.

Blue Jam

Video Game Fan 2000

Blue Jam

bomb_dog

Daughter has been singing the lyrics to this last night, having learned it at school. It's a dirgy earworm.

I'm deciding whether to counter this in the interests of subversive balance by singing Kunt's sausage roll version of the Prince Andrew song around the house, but she's still singing the Boris Johnson ones all this time later so it may not do me any favours in public. Or it make me feel prouder - depends on the circumstances.

Blue Jam

Most of those lyrics don't even rhyme. It's like that song Ricky Gervais did for After Life.

king_tubby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 28, 2022, 01:33:06 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/SimonRowntreeUK/status/1530503291318284289

Causing some very salty replies.

I had a look through the t/l of that one, some good stuff but I did get a bit po-faced when they were mocking the Munich tragedy.

seepage

Pour that Prosecco over the corgi cake and set light to it for a celebratory corgi flambé

greencalx

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 26, 2022, 06:49:32 PMEdinburgh seems refreshingly devoid of bunting, only saw my first bit o'bunting just now.

Festooning a Wetherspoons.

Didn't drink there obviously.

I am told Ratho is bunting central.

Head Gardener