Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gold Tooth Cunt

Started by H-O-W-L, May 28, 2022, 08:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Got my first ever crown fitted -- a gold one -- yesterday. Odd as fuck to have a metal chomper in my gob even after years and years of having amalgams drilled into me gnashers. What're your experiences? Will this go away?

Pink Gregory

Are you picking up any long range radio signals?

The Guppy

I've got one, right at the back. The odd feeling goes away.

Sometimes I run my tongue over it when I'm talking to someone I don't like. Yeah you're the boss of this supermarket but what are your teeth worth, cunt?

PlanktonSideburns

Would love a gold tooth up front. Do they still do fullon gold bastards up front?

Dex Sawash

I was real sensitive to cold when I first got mine. Leaned into that and mostly gave up soft drinks. Camping/outdoor activities are streamlined by not having to  bring a cooler/ice. #lifehack

Both my front teeth are chipped from accidentally hammer-smashing myself in the face. The dentist polished it up years ago. A new piece somehow came off a few days ago and the sharp edge made a sore on my inner lip that won't heal and is very painful. I hit it yesterday with wet/dry sandpaper 220 grit followed by 400, 600 and 800 grit and fixed it. #lifehack

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 28, 2022, 11:53:54 AMI was real sensitive to cold when I first got mine. Leaned into that and mostly gave up soft drinks. Camping/outdoor activities are streamlined by not having to  bring a cooler/ice. #lifehack

Both my front teeth are chipped from accidentally hammer-smashing myself in the face. The dentist polished it up years ago. A new piece somehow came off a few days ago and the sharp edge made a sore on my inner lip that won't heal and is very painful. I hit it yesterday with wet/dry sandpaper 220 grit followed by 400, 600 and 800 grit and fixed it. #lifehack

That's hammers and sandpaper covered, now tell us about some times you used a bradawl or spokeshave for home dentistry, please.

Dex Sawash

I cut my lip by smashing a pair of pliers into my face but didn't improve my dentition that time. Lost balance/slipped when torquing wheel bolts and smashed my face against a Volvo 850 front fender and got a bloody nose and damaged the fender.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 28, 2022, 11:53:54 AMI was real sensitive to cold when I first got mine. Leaned into that and mostly gave up soft drinks. Camping/outdoor activities are streamlined by not having to  bring a cooler/ice. #lifehack

I think I chipped one of my front two teeth as a kid but it wasn't enough to need a cap so it got filed down. Very occasionally another tiny bit must fall away as it goes razor sharp and I end up slicing my tongue in the same spot until it blunts.

touchingcloth

With Goldie, what came first, the name or the teeth?

If the teeth, do you think he ever regrets that his name now locks him into having metal teeth? It's a bit like if Michael Flatley had started his career calling himself Mike O'Flouncy-Shirt.

Blue Jam

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 28, 2022, 01:02:24 PMWith Goldie, what came first, the name or the teeth?

If the teeth, do you think he ever regrets that his name now locks him into having metal teeth?

It doesn't, as this bit of pure deso shows:

https://wundergroundmusic.com/goldie-sells-teeth-cash-4-gold/

"Goldie" is still preferable to "Clifford".

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Goldie is called Goldie because of the long flaxen hair he had as a child.

Blue Jam

Quote from: H-O-W-L on May 28, 2022, 08:13:04 AMGot my first ever crown fitted -- a gold one -- yesterday.

Which tooth is it? A mate of mine wanted a silver crown, but on the first upper molar, so it wouldn't be so obvious, just so it gave a cheeky little glint when he smiled. Didn't go for it in the end but I'm sure it would have worked, he had the right face for it, a bit Super Hans.

My dad chipped a corner off an upper incisor and had the chipped bit replaced with a little bit of gold. Didn't have any tattoos or piercings or anything, just this one tiny bit of gold. Still more badass than me.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 28, 2022, 01:10:41 PMGoldie is called Goldie because of the long flaxen hair he had as a child.

He actually was called Goldie because of the gold teeth, the gold jewellery and his bleached blond hair. Being called Goldie didn't lock him in to having hair either.

'member when he was in a Bond film? It's actually really sad to see how much he's struggling after that.

I've showered with Goldie's brother. Gave him some of my shampoo too. One of my many claims to fame.

Sebastian Cobb

I bought his book Nine Lives when I was about 15 and in to drum and bass and couldn't manage it then. Scared to look at it now. I think he's 'told his story' about 6 million times since.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 28, 2022, 01:08:43 PMIt doesn't, as this bit of pure deso shows:

https://wundergroundmusic.com/goldie-sells-teeth-cash-4-gold/

"Goldie" is still preferable to "Clifford".

Fake News deso
QuoteCash 4 Gold spokesperson Rob Yiblind

Quotehis teeth were still attached to his gums.....so we used a golden wrench that we'd bought off 'Handy' Andy Kane

Sebastian Cobb

Lol forgot all about Wunderground.

Blue Jam

Ah... I could swear I read that he was struggling on a legit news source, but that he'd done it properly at an actual dentist before selling the gold. Must have been hearsay! Hahaha...

Looks like he's actually now living in Phuket and has a very nice life. And he still has his gold teeth:

https://www.standard.co.uk/esmagazine/goldie-music-bjork-drum-and-bass-grime-trauma-b999392.html

Sebastian Cobb

I think some of his telly stuff was papering over the dnb money drying up, I doubt he was particularly fiscally responsible. Hard to tell with the TV stuff as he does seem quite willing to do stuff (big brother, eastenders, orchestra stuff) just as a fun personal challenge.

touchingcloth

I don't think I've ever heard a Goldie song. I remember - I think, it might have been some kind of brainwrong - him competing in a BBC competition for conducting orchestras. If it's a real thing then I think he did quite well and was battling for top spot with Super Kins, with one of the Snows John, Dan or Pete also competing, but probably being shite because of having big daft flailing King Louie arms.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 28, 2022, 01:15:27 PMWhich tooth is it? A mate of mine wanted a silver crown, but on the first upper molar, so it wouldn't be so obvious, just so it gave a cheeky little glint when he smiled. Didn't go for it in the end but I'm sure it would have worked, he had the right face for it, a bit Super Hans.

My dad chipped a corner off an upper incisor and had the chipped bit replaced with a little bit of gold. Didn't have any tattoos or piercings or anything, just this one tiny bit of gold. Still more badass than me.

First molar, in fact!

Blue Jam

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 28, 2022, 05:34:53 PMCool, I bet it looks badass!

Does and it doesn't, I suppose. I mostly got it because I've heard overwhelmingly that gold is the (heh) gold standard for back teeth, optics aside. My bite's still odd and I'm very worried of it breaking my other teeth so I'm taking things slow. Is that even fucking possible, you reckon?

Martin Van Buren Stan

How often do people see in the back of your mouth? I've had a gold crown for years but don't think of it unless I'm getting cavity searched

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You myyyy.... gold tooth cunt
Sha-la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la tee-da

Replies From View

Now that they don't do it on the NHS anymore most people only have the option of pressing some mashed banana into the hole.

steve98

I had a platinum filling until recently. I pulled it out to donate to the local Jubilee group; who're holding a street party on Saturday and have asked for donations of any old/scrap platinum, to finance it.
(I donated an old catalytic converter I had, too)

Midas

I haven't been to the dentist for eight years. I frequently fantasize about the day I pluck up the courage to have my cavity-ridden "golden grimace" "sorted out". I want my smile back! :(

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: H-O-W-L on May 28, 2022, 05:35:53 PMDoes and it doesn't, I suppose. I mostly got it because I've heard overwhelmingly that gold is the (heh) gold standard for back teeth, optics aside. My bite's still odd and I'm very worried of it breaking my other teeth so I'm taking things slow. Is that even fucking possible, you reckon?
My mouth is a fucking bomb site: my gold lateral incisor was an attempt to reclaim ownership of the mess when I lost the actual tooth, and it looked ace until I acquired another gap where one of my lower lateral incisors used to be. Can't afford any dental treatment at all at the moment, let alone another gold tooth, and there's a four-fucking-year waiting list for new NHS registrations round here - thank God there's a dental teaching hospital* in my city for emergencies, such as when one of my few remaining molars cracked in two.

Anyway, I've had a number of crowns and bridges fitted in my life, all of which felt well fucking weird at first: like they've not fitted this bastard thing at all well, just rammed it in and hoped for the best. Give it a few days, though, and your ligaments, soft tissues etc. will adjust, and you'll wonder what you ever thought was wrong.

* On the - potential - downside, you get a student poking at your pearly whites. On the definite upside, if it turns out to be a tricky job (you should see how my roots twist round, complicating extractions greatly), they hand you off to the supervising surgeon, who is an expert. I also have to say that the two students who dealt with me had wonderful bedside manners - not experienced enough to have got burnt-out and cynical, I guess.