Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Roots! Bloody ROOOOTS!

Started by Kankurette, April 19, 2022, 12:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrec

Have found clove oil massively helpful for tooth pain.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on April 19, 2022, 07:24:52 PMTrenter, that was one thing I did worry about, the possibility of it not working but apparently yanking the tooth out is a last resort.

Can they put you to sleep for it?

It will work I just messed about with mine after it disappeared I think I must have eaten some sweets and it came out and I swallowed it (it's just like any other cap really) the infection thing was something else and rare to have happened really.

Keebleman

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about this showbiz anecdote.

https://youtu.be/Qh397MDcDt0?t=383

Sherringford Hovis

Levar Burton's audition for the part of Ron Weasley was a waste of everybody's time.

Kankurette

I will be so glad when this cunt tooth gets sorted. I feel really exhausted right now.

Kankurette

Cunt tooth update: did not have root canal, had it extracted FINALLY due to the pain being possibly aggravated by COVID. I had an emergency checkup last weekend at a private dentist because the pain was driving me mad, and he offered to yank the thing out, but it would have cost about £390 so I decided to hang in there and get it done at my dentist at NHS rates instead. I had it taken out on Thursday and my right cheek has swollen up a bit and it's quite tender when I smile, but at least it's out. I didn't want to spend all of Primavera with toothache.

However, I'm now worrying about the possibility of dry socket. I'm eating soft foods and washing out my mouth with saline solution every day, and I don't smoke and I'm not drinking right now. How do you know if you have dry socket? Does loads of blood squirt out your mouth?

H-O-W-L

Pain, foul smell, and visibly exposed bone according to the NHS. I was worried about dry socket when I had an extraction in the past, but if you take care of it, you shouldn't have a problem.

easytarget

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I had a tooth pulled some years ago Kankurette and didn't get dry socket. Just follow the aftercare steps and watch out for the symptoms. And go to any follow up visits your dentist schedules. I have a nice healed-over gum there now.

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on April 19, 2022, 09:49:23 PMI suspect I'll be having two molar root canals done over the next few months

Nope, no root canals for me - instead the lovely dentist will be yanking out the molars in December so I can take them home and make them into tasteful jewellery.  Or something.  Christmas decorations, perhaps.

Kankurette

I hope I never have to have it. One, you have to sit there with your mouth open for an hour and a half, two, it doesn't always work, and three, it costs a hell of a lot. It's not worth all that money and pain for something that might fail anyway.

Sex Wax

Good news about the abscess or lack thereof, they're absolute fuckers.
Nothing to add except I'm missing my lower right back molar because I went to an emergency dentist at the local dental school. They offered me a straight choice between having the rotten fucker pulled, or inserting some kind of medicated gauze into the cavity that I was told probably wouldn't work. Bit annoying that they didn't care about saving my tooth as much as yours do, but then this was in Wales.

El Unicornio, mang

I've had a couple of them and not as bad as I expected, I found getting a crown worse.

The most tooth pain I've ever had was an abscess that woke me up on a Sunday morning years ago, so bad I had to get to an emergency dentist to have the tooth ripped out and spent the next day or two spitting blood into a cup on my bedside table. Also distinctly watching Born Free (the film about lions) as I recovered.

So yeah, great to avoid abscesses if possible.

MojoJojo

Just a question I hope doesn't come accross as annoying. To those who've had abscesses/root canals/tooth fuckery - would you describe your dental hygiene as good? Brush twice a day for two minutes, floss/inter dental brush regularly etc.

Cerys

My dental hygiene is good now, but it wasn't always.  I'd like to believe that my current issues are the result of an incident twenty years ago that involved my face hitting tarmac at high speed, but if I'm honest it's because I spent years eating many sugary and acidic things and being crap about brushing.

Langdale

boki

Fucking agony in my inner mouth

Cerys

Well, if you will insist on having acid for blood you have only yourself to blame.

Glebe

boki

Glebe

Cerys

One molar has been yanked from me!  Mmmmm, grindy noises.  I spent a while when I got home scraping shreds of gum from it.  The root formation is lovely.

Why yes, I am a goth.  What gave it away?