Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pints for 6p on Monday!

Started by Malcy, May 28, 2022, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Greene King boozers are doing a promo on their own IPA to celebrate the Jubilee. Code word is 1952 and you'll get a pint for 6p. 6p!

UNLESS YOU LIVE IN FUCKING SCOTLAND...

Well disappointed.

Butchers Blind

Only one pint though. Thought I could rat arsed for 50p.

GoblinAhFuckScary

i expect to be paid a bit more than 6p to drink greene king ipa 🤣

touchingcloth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 28, 2022, 08:56:11 PMOnly one pint though. Thought I could rat arsed for 50p.

Tell them you're Samuel Smith for your first pint, John Smith for your second. Probably Ian Desperado for the third.

Malcy

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 28, 2022, 08:56:11 PMOnly one pint though. Thought I could rat arsed for 50p.

Knew it would be too good to be true. Handy if there were a few of them local. Although couldn't you go in and buy a round and then send the next person etc?

Quote from: Malcy on May 28, 2022, 08:50:29 PMUNLESS YOU LIVE IN FUCKING SCOTLAND...

Well disappointed.

That'll be Sturgeon and her minimum alcohol pricing policy, quite deliberately stopping us from toasting our beloved British queen and undermining our Britishness.

Malcy

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 28, 2022, 09:27:23 PMThat'll be Sturgeon and her minimum alcohol pricing policy, quite deliberately stopping us from toasting our beloved British queen and undermining our Britishness.

I'd love to know if bringing that in made a difference other than people getting pissed off at adverts that show a great deal on some booze with 'excluding Scotland' underneath it.

steve98

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 28, 2022, 09:27:23 PMThat'll be Sturgeon and her minimum alcohol pricing policy, quite deliberately stopping us from toasting our beloved British queen and undermining our Britishness.

What's stopping you moving to England for the day? Whinge whinge whinge.

Replies From View

As if they'll recognise you the second time you go up to the bar.

6p is a knowingly annoying price.  It needs a minimum of two coins- why not make it 5p or 10p if you're not allowed to give alcohol away for free?  To make it annoying, that's why.

Nobody carries coins around with them anyway now, so it would be really so hilarious if they allowed people to pay by card, but only for a minimum of £5 otherwise the cost is just raised to £5 to deal with it.

Video Game Fan 2000

having to drink Greene King. that's terrible.

this must be one of Vladmir Putin's schemes

Butchers Blind

"Hello. What would you like?"
"1952"
"Sorry?"
"1952"
"What?
"1952!"
"Haha. Twat"

Glebe

Just nipping out for a 'chekky' 6p pint!

flotemysost

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 28, 2022, 10:00:36 PMhaving to drink Greene King. that's terrible.

this must be one of Vladmir Putin's schemes

6p = 6 P

6 P = VI P

VI P = Vladmimir Putin nah

The "1952" thing sounds like one of those wanky "speakeasy" bars where you say the secret phrase and they let you and your mates into a secret door. Dread to think what horrid bunting-strewn secret piss dungeons are festering at the back of Greene King pubs for this wheeze.

The Crumb

Quote from: Malcy on May 28, 2022, 09:08:46 PMKnew it would be too good to be true. Handy if there were a few of them local. Although couldn't you go in and buy a round and then send the next person etc?

We got great value from both these approaches when Youngs had a free pint for signing up to their app a few years ago.

Glebe

Every 6p goes toward helping Prince Andrew rebuild his life.

Mr Farenheit

The trick is to put half a false beard, half a pair of specs, one coloured contact lens, shave half your hair on one side of your head.
Approach the bar crab-like so they only see you in profile, then simply switch sides for your second 6p pint!

Fr.Bigley

There's 3 greene King on one road near me. Might write Monday afternoon off.

Fambo Number Mive

If you order at 19:52 do you get a bonus?

steve98

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 29, 2022, 09:38:31 AMThere's 3 greene King on one road near me. Might write Monday afternoon off.

It's not gonna be as simple as that: when you buy your 6p pint in the first GK, your image will be sent (over the wires) to the other GK pubs... Imagine how embarrassing it'll be when they ask:

THEM: Have you availed yourself of our 6p IPA offer in any of our other pubs today, Sir?
YOU: No.
THEM: Well that's funny Sir, because this image I've just received over the wires shows a gentleman very similar to you etc...

Replies From View

"I have six twins, well not twins because there are six of us, sextuplets that's the word.  Maybe seven, ask me in a couple of hours if it's actually seven or eight."

The absolute ballache of having to police this.  Everyone's going to have at least three 6p pints, mark my words.

Butchers Blind

"Hello. I'd like the 6p pint, please. 1952"

*barmaid pours pint from run off tray*

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 29, 2022, 09:41:08 AMIf you order at 19:52 do you get a bonus?

Some (but not all) bar staff will bother to fill the pint glass to the very top at this moment.

Replies From View

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 29, 2022, 09:54:43 AM"Hello. I'd like the 6p pint, please. 1952"

*barmaid pours pint from run off tray*

"Tray's empty, Reg."

*Reg grabs the tray off her and disappears in the direction of the staff toilet*

GoblinAhFuckScary

popping into the bathroom to shave my head then coming out for a second 6p pint. legend

GoblinAhFuckScary

getting reconstructive surgery for my third 6p pint. legend

Butchers Blind

"Ahhh, 6p pint"

*struggles to suppress urge to vomit as swallows first sip of Greene King IPA*

"... happy jubilee your majesty"

*looks down, almost full pint to finish*

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 29, 2022, 11:11:38 AM"Ahhh, 6p pint"

*struggles to suppress urge to vomit as swallows first sip of Greene King IPA*

"... happy jubilee your majesty"

*looks down, and on my left, on the floor, kneeling down, smiling, looking up at me, was Her Majesty. And She was pointing at her open mouth, as if what He wanted was for me to vomit into the open mouth of The Queen. And I looked down and I thought, 'This can't be right.' But she was pointing and laughing and smiling, and encouraging me. And then I remembered she did have some history of sacrifice. So against, against my better judgement, at her apparent insistence, I did it – I vomited into the open mouth of Her Maj, until the mouth of The Queen was overflowing with my sick.*

Fr.Bigley

Second thoughts, yeah GK IPA does taste like shit. Nothing there, no hops, no rounded barley..used to think my ex Father in law was being nice buying me pints till I realised it was 1.29 in selected pubs. Tight cunt.

Glebe

Cuh, will probably be 8p pints with inflation and that you couldn't make it up!

Meanwhile Nicolas Witchell will shock everyone by buying his first round.

steve98

Quote from: Glebe on May 29, 2022, 04:17:24 PMMeanwhile Nicolas Witchell will shock everyone by buying his first round.

Not true. As anyone who's read his book knows, he paid for a round of BBC teas for Diana and some others (The round was accidentally charged to his account (He was livid))