Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:00:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superthunderstingcar

"What they didn't know is I spent the last few years building up an immunity to cocaine powder."

Ferris

Quote from: Darles Chickens on May 27, 2022, 04:04:39 PMWho saw this coming then? I sure as hell didn't.

Boris Johnson changes ministerial code to avoid need to resign over breaches

There's yer totalitarian regime right there. Just a step away from abolishing regular elections. They just do what they want now.

It is insane to me that people will still vote tory.

Fambo Number Mive

Imperial measurements bullshit to win back Tory voters. We're not far away from a promise to bring back pre decimal coinage, lead in petrol and a landline phone in every house.

JamesTC

Zetetic

I wish we had actually killed the metric martyrs. That'd be something to hold on to at least.

Calling it now:

"Now is not the time for a general election; we must deliver our promises to the British people."

Fixed term parliament act already repealed as far as I remember.

pigamus

Yeah but that just took away his power to call and an election whenever he liked - there still needs to be an election within five years of the last one.

Attila

Quote from: superthunderstingcar on May 28, 2022, 11:20:06 AM"What they didn't know is I spent the last few years building up an immunity to cocaine powder."

Inconceivable!

Quote from: pigamus on May 29, 2022, 08:40:47 AMYeah but that just took away his power to call and an election whenever he liked - there still needs to be an election within five years of the last one.

I don't quite believe that this would happen, but their recent tendency to bulldoze legislation and parliamentary conventions means that nothing would surprise me.  Where is "elections every five years" codified?  If they can just freely rewrite the ministerial code without oversight, where does this stop?  They removed references to honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability, which makes it easier to underhandedly do whatever they want.

Not that elections aren't already rigged in their favour anyway.

pigamus

Well the ministerial code isn't really a thing. It doesn't have any legal or constitutional status. Changing the election law would be a bit trickier. But like you say, you can't put anything past these bastards.

olliebean

I could certainly see them confecting some national emergency that "required" a "stable" government, and therefore the suspension of national elections for the time being.

Blinder Data

there'll be an election but I wouldn't put it past them keeping this dead government going until the last possible moment in the hope that something turns up to save them.

January 2025 election, yeah boi!

SteveDave

The cunt was in Hastings yesterday. Wearing a suit with a bobble hat on the beach with a tent full of wine. His dog tried to shag my friends dog and some Secret Service goons with guns shooed my friend away when he tried to take a photo.

If the flabby shit (Johnson) is still there on Tuesday, I will be getting shot. Avenge my death.

Fambo Number Mive

It's disgraceful that your friend was prevented from taking a photo of the Prime Minister in a public place.

Norton Canes

Quote from: SteveDave on May 30, 2022, 08:42:16 AMThe cunt was in Hastings yesterday. Wearing a suit with a bobble hat on the beach with a tent full of wine

What? Was this an official engagement (opening a wine tent?) or some kind of recreational visit? Was he just sat bored in no.10 before picking the phone up and going "Take me to Hastings and get me a tent of wine"? Was he with anyone?

Blinder Data

Will the Tories make their move after they lose both by-elections on 23 June? Probably not.

Will they after the parliamentary inquiry reports back some time in the Autumn? It looks like the timing could disrupt the conference season. I think they might prefer not to kick off a contest until later in the year.

I think if they don't move before the end of the year, or he sees off a challenge, they are stuck with him till the next GE. This thread will keep rolling on...

Next year's big moment is when the COVID-19 inquiry gets going. Cummings and the other officials who hate Johnson will presumably have saved all their emails for that one, so it'll be uncomfortable. But the thing that will do for him is the economy tanking lower and lower as the public's bills go up and up. They will have to take long run-up to give the Tories a kicking at the next GE.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 30, 2022, 10:12:24 AMWhat? Was this an official engagement (opening a wine tent?) or some kind of recreational visit? Was he just sat bored in no.10 before picking the phone up and going "Take me to Hastings and get me a tent of wine"? Was he with anyone?

It was his wedding anniversary yesterday.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 30, 2022, 12:20:19 PMThey will have to take long run-up to give the Tories a kicking at the next GE.

The Tories are already gerrymandering constituencies to lock in a majority, and voter id requirements will take care of much of the rest of it.

Plus, of course, they'll cheat. We've seen our last free and fair election for some time.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 30, 2022, 01:30:31 PMThe Tories are already gerrymandering constituencies to lock in a majority, and voter id requirements will take care of much of the rest of it.

Plus, of course, they'll cheat. We've seen our last free and fair election for some time.

The Tories and their media allies will throw the kitchen sink at getting a fifth term but I think "events" will boot them out of office. Just look at what happened in Australia: an unimpressive performance from Labour and yet they end up as winners because the Liberals got hammered.

Anyway, what I wrote this morning might already be out of date - there are rumours that a vote of confidence will be called on Monday.

Replies From View

pigamus

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 30, 2022, 03:29:58 PMAnyway, what I wrote this morning might already be out of date - there are rumours that a vote of confidence will be called on Monday.

It's all a bit pointless if there's no credible replacement on the horizon, it just makes him safe for a year

greencalx

Quote from: pigamus on May 30, 2022, 07:49:06 PMIt's all a bit pointless if there's no credible replacement on the horizon, it just makes him safe for a year

Which is what this is for. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd put a letter in himself.

SteveDave

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 30, 2022, 10:12:24 AMWhat? Was this an official engagement (opening a wine tent?) or some kind of recreational visit? Was he just sat bored in no.10 before picking the phone up and going "Take me to Hastings and get me a tent of wine"? Was he with anyone?

From the faraway photo my friend took it looked like his awful wife and their shithead child was with them.

Das Reboot

This government is maimed, but it cannot be shamed. Will it be fucked? I'm doubtful.

Calling it now: Better start thinking what we're going to call the third thread, lads.

Mr_Simnock

If he wins a challenge they are fucked next ellection, they have to change to retain a majority.

jobotic

Leadsom's on his case. Even getting it from brexit-fetishist deeply unpleasant right-wing imbeciles now.

Replies From View

They will work out the optimum time for changing leader, based on things like making sure none of the current stink sticks to the new person yet giving them enough time to bed in as a personality.

Or maybe they want to lose the next election, and let a centrist Labour Party take the hit for the state the Tories leave the country in but not make any meaningful changes while the Tories reconfigure.

Unfortunately the Tories will continue to say that the cost of living crisis comes from necessary steps taken during the pandemic, and people will believe them.  It'll be processed long term as "acceptable" in a way the financial crash of 2008 wasn't.

Replies From View

One of the best strategies Labour could follow right now is dropping their focus on Johnson, identifying the next candidate for Tory leader, and heaping shit onto them in advance of their ascension.

All Tories have skeletons in their closets and now will be the time to dig them out.