Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pints for 6p on Monday!

Started by Malcy, May 28, 2022, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on May 30, 2022, 02:51:38 PMAnyone actually bothered with this? Can you just wander in for a "1952 IPA", pay sixpence and that's it or do you have to spend some minimum amount first to stop them being overrun with a bunch of cheapskates all day long

A mate just tried in our local but was told the 6p pint is not available in Greene King 'Heritage' pubs - only the ones with a flat roof

Glebe

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 30, 2022, 04:38:00 PMAnother one for the 'up the arse' thread.

It's 6p a go on the Cake Wogan arse! Happy Jubilee!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Turns out they weren't allowed to do them for 6p so it's become free pints day and some places are furious. Apparently there was a pretty limited list of pubs that were meant to be taking part in this but because they didn't think to shout that detail as loud as the "6p PINTS!" bit, every other pub was told at the last minute yeah sorry you're going to have to join in too. Found this out from a very hacked off barman at a Bath pub who'd been left on his own to deal with it all. The other one in town have pretended to run out, can't say i blame them.

Just claimed my 6p pint at a boozer in Oxfordshire.  Bar man sternly told me it's one per customer and only for today!

touchingcloth

How are they enforcing the one per person thing? Indelible ink on the fingers like a Zimbabwean election?

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 30, 2022, 09:24:47 PMHow are they enforcing the one per person thing? Indelible ink on the fingers like a Zimbabwean election?

Lol.  There are about 9 people I. This particular establishment so just by eyeball.  I've just told another guy who was at the bar to claim his free booze.  Probably gonna get kicked out.

In fairness the pint tastes like piss.

touchingcloth

I just went into one of the local bars in Portugal and asked for SIX P JUBILEE BREXIT PINT PLEASE SIX P BREXIT FOR THE QUEEN I WANT A PINT AND A BREXIT but they just said não. Who do I complain to?

Malcy

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 30, 2022, 09:40:46 PMI just went into one of the local bars in Portugal and asked for SIX P JUBILEE BREXIT PINT PLEASE SIX P BREXIT FOR THE QUEEN I WANT A PINT AND A BREXIT but they just said não. Who do I complain to?

Either the Queen or the (Greene) King.

TommyTurnips

Greene King IPA is a disgrace to IPAs everywhere. They should be paying ME to drink that shit.

Quote from: TommyTurnips on May 31, 2022, 02:21:27 AMGreene King IPA is a disgrace to IPAs everywhere. They should be paying ME to drink that shit.

The pint I had yesterday did taste Piss weak.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on May 31, 2022, 10:34:06 AMThe pint I had yesterday did taste Piss weak.

Quote from: Replies From View on May 29, 2022, 09:57:21 AM"Tray's empty, Reg."

*Reg grabs the tray off her and disappears in the direction of the staff toilet*

GoblinAhFuckScary

i seem to remember the UK Simpsons groups had a lot of greene king ipa memes but i can't seem to find them now

Glebe

6p pint is even causing friction in Albert Square!

Fambo Number Mive

I like the idea of every year being a secret code for ab order So if someone says 1953 by mistake they get a slap and a pint glass full of herring. 1951 and they get a random keyring, a signed DVD of the Krankies  and a pint of lager smelling slightly of vomit.

Video Game Fan 2000

the code for drinking a greene king IPA in honour of COD should be 1488 and a salute

GoblinAhFuckScary

1066 for an arrow in the eye waheeey legend

touchingcloth

Hail, stout yeokeep of this good bar. '1992', my fine fellow, now mark my words when I say that I expect you to keep to the agreement and the promissories in this here piece of advertising literature that your reputable establishment transmitted to me in facsimile form by way of Her Majesty's royalest men of the post and not charge me more than this shilling I have betwixt my fingers for filling me up a fulsomely foaming flagon of your finest nut brown Annus Horribaleis.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 31, 2022, 11:21:03 PMHail, stout yeokeep of this good bar. '1992', my fine fellow, now mark my words when I say expect you to keep to the agreement in this here piece of advertising literature that your reputable establishment transmitted to me in facsimile form by way of Her Majesty's royalest men of the post and not charge me more than this shilling I have betwixt my fingers for filling me up a fulsomely foaming flagon of your finest nut brown Annus Horribilis.

Send that to Viz comic. They should use it in the "Real Ale Twats".

touchingcloth

Heya barman mate, are all of the pints sixpence or are some of them Giuffre?

Rev+

I don't know/give a fuck about the Jubilee nonsense, but why were they doing this on Monday?  A case of them technically getting the right date and being all smug?

The Crumb

Quote from: Rev+ on June 01, 2022, 12:30:14 AMI don't know/give a fuck about the Jubilee nonsense, but why were they doing this on Monday?  A case of them technically getting the right date and being all smug?

I'd guess it's a wheeze to fill up the pubs on a Monday. Places will be full anyway during the long weekend.

Or maybe some shred of compassion (ha) led the GK bosses to feel it would be too much of a nightmare for staff to manage on a busy bank holiday weekend.

Captain Z

It's possible they hadn't realised the usual bank holiday Monday had been moved. That's what I'd like to believe anyway.