Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 30, 2022, 11:49:34 PMjesus christ (a weird cake not safe for work/eyes unless you are an internet person and gave up caring decades ago)
https://twitter.com/ElleMcIvor/status/1531387667786747909

archive if they come to their senses and delete their account
https://archive.ph/iHb4f

What a terrible day to have eyes...

The Guppy

Because they're a bunch of straight people who needed a good cover story for their anti-trans charity.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: bgmnts on May 31, 2022, 08:02:35 AMWhy would the LGB alliance be homophobic?
Wtf? I see you in the Glinner threads frequently, how the hell have you not got the measure of the LGB Alliance by now?

ETA: The short but more direct answer to your question is that they are less an advocacy group for gay people than a front for straight British transphobes to team up with the small number of gay British transphobes. And even that "team up" aspect is very dubious, given that they are prone to saying things like "being against same-sex marriage isn't homophobic actually" and "close down saunas to stop the new gay plague", although given you thought the latter was a sensible statement, maybe the mask isn't as transparent as I thought.

bgmnts

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 31, 2022, 08:10:05 AMWtf? I see you in the Glinner threads frequently, how the hell have you not got the measure of the LGB Alliance by now?

I'm semi regular i just drop in to see what Glinner's been up to, I dont even know what the LGB Alliance are beyond being committed to transphobia.

king_tubby

Well they're very anti-B (see Bindel slagging a bi woman yesterday for daring to get married to a man), not keen at all on the G and in court admitted that only 7% of their members identified as L.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 31, 2022, 07:21:18 AMIt's not the gay community saying it, it's the LGB Alliance. No, it is not a sensible, proportionate response to the monkeypox outbreak, it's homophobic stigma wearing "legitimate concerns" as Groucho glasses.

Yeah, the idea that monkeypox is a "gay disease" will just lead to more infections, just like HIV/AIDS, because straights thought they were safe. And this isn't even an STD. It would be sensible if LGB Alliance joined a large group of LGBTQI+ groups and health organisations for a health campaign, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Why would the LGB Alliance be homophobic? Because It's not about gay rights, it's about hurting the trans people, and if it hurts gay people a little? They don't care. Middle class gay men that have settled, are accepted by family, etc. downplaying homophobia and transphobia because "They don't see it", that's why LGB Alliance is homophobic.

boki

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 30, 2022, 11:49:34 PMjesus christ (a weird cake not safe for work/eyes unless you are an internet person and gave up caring decades ago)

Never mind the cake, what kind of sick fuck shares a Jar Jar Binks meme in 2022? Did she somehow manage to run out of Minions?

Martin Van Buren Stan

That's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I guess it's nice not to shy away from the reality of childbirth though

Martin Van Buren Stan

The NHS website says a couple of times than men who have sex with men are at particular risk of monkeypox.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The LGB Alliance is a front group for evangelical Christians who are using the scary transes as a wedge issue to start rolling back gay rights and women's rights. They aren't the only one.

Kankurette

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 31, 2022, 01:21:55 AM'Pelvic floor' is an anagram of 'Liverpool FC'.

I haven't come up with a joke to make that relevant to the thread yet but I bet you won't forget it.
You'll Never Wee Alone
Quote from: king_tubby on May 31, 2022, 08:21:06 AMWell they're very anti-B (see Bindel slagging a bi woman yesterday for daring to get married to a man), not keen at all on the G and in court admitted that only 7% of their members identified as L.
That's rich coming from a political lesbian. But then she probably thinks us bi women are traitors.

phantom_power

Once again "accidentally" thinking that trans allies think that trans women are or should be exactly like cis women. All of their "reasons" for being transphobic are either straight up lies or taking extreme positions from TRAs as being what all trans allies think

They will contort themselves into ridiculous positions for their beliefs. The other day someone was again trying to appropriate Terry Pratchett as someone who would be gender critical until his daughter responded by showing something in one of his books about how he had consulted with biologists who thought that sex wasn't binary and there were loads of chromosomal combinations other than XX/XY. This caused the mega-brains to decide that you had to take it down to the gamete level. If you are deciding who has what rights based on that then fuck knows how you police it. Also, basing what people can or can't do based on their chromosomes seems a bit eugenicsy to me

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 31, 2022, 08:51:05 AMThe NHS website says a couple of times than men who have sex with men are at particular risk of monkeypox.
Because a disproportionate number of infected people fall into that cohort. Anyone who has read or heard a report on the outbreak knows this. That does not justify breaking out the bathhouse innuendo, let alone a serious proposal that clubs etc face mandatory shutdowns on the basis of their customers' sexuality.

GoblinAhFuckScary

jobotic

Why is she writing that? Who's denying that childbirth can be messy, painful and traumatic?

To show trans women that they aren't women because they haven't been through that?

What about woman who don't/can't/haven't yet had children? They not proper women either?

phantom_power

The whole fetishising of trauma is a bit odd. My wife has 3 planned caesareans. Does that make her less of a woman because she never tore her labia. I am sure most women would want to not shit themselves when giving birth, rather than claiming it as some badge of female honour.

Shaxberd

Why would trans women be triggered - either in the original "causes PTSD flashbacks" sense or the colloquial internet "get upset or offended" sense - by reading about a cis woman having health issues?

Do cis women get triggered when trans women talk about being assaulted, abused, becoming homeless, turning to sex work to survive? (All of which has happened to trans women I know irl.) In the case of the GCs, they just scoff and call them liars or claim they probably enjoy it.

Barry Admin

Quote from: jobotic on May 31, 2022, 09:45:55 AMWhy is she writing that? Who's denying that childbirth can be messy, painful and traumatic?

To show trans women that they aren't women because they haven't been through that?

"DOST THOU BLEED?"

Shame Contrapoints took that video down.

Kankurette

The LGB Alliance also never talks about gay rights issues. Only how much they hate trans people.
Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 31, 2022, 09:30:19 AMthe fucking jar jar binks meme what

cont.

yes i'm triggered
Yes, well done, you've shown us that giving birth to a baby hurts like hell and will make you tear/shit/bleed and destroy your pelvic floor. Which we all knew anyway, not least because my mum used to point at her stretchmarks and say "YOU did this."

phantom_power

Quote from: Shaxberd on May 31, 2022, 10:24:58 AMWhy would trans women be triggered - either in the original "causes PTSD flashbacks" sense or the colloquial internet "get upset or offended" sense - by reading about a cis woman having health issues?

Do cis women get triggered when trans women talk about being assaulted, abused, becoming homeless, turning to sex work to survive? (All of which has happened to trans women I know irl.) In the case of the GCs, they just scoff and call them liars or claim they probably enjoy it.

It is the deliberate misapprehension that trans allies think that trans women and cis women are alike in every single way, and so to point out things that cis women do that trans women can't would someone blow our minds and trigger us into a fugue of cognitive dissonance. The irony does not go un-noticed

MojoJojo

JaDanketies

Maybe some cis woman who struggles with fertility problems is triggered by you suggesting fertility is essential to femininity. lol triggered cis women struggling to have kids, triggerrredd lols 🤣🤣🤣 infertile 🤣🤣🤣

would be even funnier if these triggered people were actually suffering from complex trauma as a result of their vulnerabilities and were therefore legitimately triggered! 🤣🤣🤣

GoblinAhFuckScary

my doctor told me recently that they 'might' be able to be doing womb transplants in 'about ten years'.

honestly no thanks I'm good with the vag

wombyns will also be trans in the future so we will also have the good fortune to nuke our pelvic floors

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 31, 2022, 08:51:05 AMmen who have sex with men

How long before this very precise use of language is described as gay erasure? Maybe there's already some push back on this, but surely they can see the parallels between this (gay men) and the times when 'women' is a less than perfectly precise term.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 31, 2022, 11:00:22 AMmy doctor told me recently that they 'might' be able to be doing womb transplants in 'about ten years'.

honestly no thanks I'm good with the vag

wombyns will also be trans in the future so we will also have the good fortune to nuke our pelvic floors

Sorry, but what conversation led into that statement from your doctor?

retsuza

Someone of these terf seem to just genuinely hate being women.

"She who makes a beast of herself gets rid of the pain of being a woman"

Spoiler alert
(By pissing on a trampoline)
[close]

Shaxberd

Quote from: retsuza on May 31, 2022, 11:26:12 AMSomeone of these terf seem to just genuinely hate being women.

It explained a lot when I read that some of the founders of TERF thinking, Janice Raymond and Mary Daly, were both Catholics. There's a strong theme of "womanhood is suffering, but the suffering is a moral duty".

In that framework, trans women are offensive because they want to have the 'fun' bits of womanhood without the necessary pain and sacrifice (ie. motherhood and the various indignities of afab reproductive biology), trans men are offensive because they are cowardly traitors who are throwing away God's gifts in the mistaken belief it'll spare them the suffering that is their biological destiny.

It makes a lot of sense that places like Mumsnet are ripe for anti trans radicalisation - you get a bunch of women tired and stressed from the physical and social challenges of parenthood, extremely aware of what pain their bodies can put them through, and go, "look at those people, thinking being a woman is something you can just put on like a new hat, disgusting".

Kankurette

I would have thought that not getting periods is one of the few good things about being a trans woman. I mean, periods fucking suck. Why would you wish them on anyone?

Some Mumsnetters really do seem to think cis women are nothing more than body parts. Yes, sex-based oppression is a thing - FGM, period huts/niddah, breast ironing, leblouh (that horrible Mauritanian practice of force-feeding girls until they puke so they get fat because fat = desirable). And it's not transphobic to say that it is. But it still squicks me out how many TERFs treat cis women as nothing more than birthing machines.