Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Bit mean on the kimono fox killer considering he's actually trying to make up for his meltery.

idunnosomename

Joylon doesnt think anything he's done before is bad, including being all blue balls no brexit, with cunting a fox and thinking it was funny to post about it on twitter. just because he's doing good stuff now doesn't take that back. he's still making a livelihood out it, isn't he?

king_tubby

Well yeah, fair enough. I just cut him some slack for pissing off the TERFs.

pancreas

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 06, 2022, 08:36:47 PMThe 'Women4Wes' twitter account just posted this lmao

Fucking hell that is splendid.

DrGreggles

shoulders

No seat at table for Rory Stewart

:(

What happened to a government of ALL the talents

idunnosomename

he's a beautiful boy, let's give him a present

pigamus

Quote from: pancreas on June 06, 2022, 11:08:07 PMFucking hell that is splendid.

Secretary of State for Performative Breastfeeding had me roaring

idunnosomename

Creasy is at least doing a firm anti-transphobia stance, so like windmill Joylon can cut her a bit of slack. but not forgive for all the other shit she pulled before 2019 that got us into this fucking mess

pancreas

Yes, it turns out to be much easier for some people to entertain an ethical code when they know there's no chance of them having the opportunity to insist on it.

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Lumpen Liberal / Blue Tick Twitter were tumescent and gap-dripping at the idea that Bercow should be leader of the Labour Party just a few weeks ago.

Bercow of the Monday Club.

QuoteIn September 1972, the club held a "Halt Immigration Now!" public meeting in Westminster Central Hall, opposite Parliament, at which the speakers Ronald Bell QC MP, John Biggs-Davison MP, Harold Soref MP, and John Heydon Stokes MP (all club members) called on the government to halt all immigration, repeal the Race Relations Act, not the separate Commonwealth Immigrants Act 1968, and start a full repatriation scheme.

However, they would remain affiliated to the Conservative Party for another 29 years.

It looks excessively good for Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/ShehabKhan/status/1534462471146201089
QuoteReally interestin thread from someone who worked for YouGov in 2017.

Claims they were banned from releasing a story that Corbyn won a debate because "it was too positive for Labour".

Entire thread here.

no_offenc

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteWhen you go to the football alone and then pretend you're with some random family because you're lonely.

https://twitter.com/OvensComedy/status/1533915706139492354

jobotic

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: jobotic on June 08, 2022, 10:26:49 PMSurprised they don't use the bantz defence more often

will no one rid of me of this meddlesome priest? 😂😂😂😂

pcsjwgm

Paul Mason has been working with an intelligence contractor to launch a McCarthyite attack on independent media, the UK left and other elements of an ostensibly China-linked, "pro-Putin" network, including "Muslim Community", "Trade Unions", and "Black Community". Difficult to conceive of where his degeneration goes from here.
https://thegrayzone.com/2022/06/07/paul-masons-covert-intelligence-grayzone/

In his response to this expose, Mason doesn't actually deny the authenticity of the leaked emails. He urges "colleagues in the Labour and trade union movement to remain vigilant against the information war being waged upon us", as if it isn't his own role to wage an infowar on the Labour left and trade unions.
https://paulmasonnews.medium.com/response-to-grayzone-article-82d1a1ff6ce6

Sebastian Cobb

Slightly lighter note but what's Bastani playing at here?

Sails a bit close to the 'good tory' rhetoric here. Although I did see Rory play along with a TBEU account which while I don't like the man was more aware than I gave him credit for.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 09, 2022, 03:12:17 PMSails a bit close to the 'good tory' rhetoric here.

I don't think he's saying either are good. Just similar in their views. That one is a Tory and one is the leader of the Labour Party  does say more about the Labour Party leader though.

bgmnts

I think the point is you could easily swap Starmer and Stewart's parties and there'd be no difference.

Famous Mortimer

Lot of people in the wackier parts of the revolutionary left (Workers Power, in Mason's case) eventually decided they liked money and being invited to nice parties more than they liked their principles. Luckily, I never thought Paul Mason was worth a shit anyway, especially now he's saying stuff like the only people who don't like Starmer are those who don't understand Marxism.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 09, 2022, 03:41:58 PMI don't think he's saying either are good. Just similar in their views. That one is a Tory and one is the leader of the Labour Party  does say more about the Labour Party leader though.

He's bollocksed the poll with saying 'Stewart is affable, Starmer shifty and dislikeable'.

Video Game Fan 2000

naff tweet but its true that Starmer lacks even the basic confidence/trustworthiness of appearing relaxed and comfortable inside his own party, even with his own talking points. He acts like someone who's looking for a new job but doesn't want anyone else in the office to catch on. what centrists think comes across as flexibility translates as being impersonal and insincere as soon as it hits the media

hypothetically if Johnson was replaced by someone who came across as having deep convictions, a flag fucker or a city boy, Starmer would have a very hard job in debates and public appearances. though Rory Stewart is fucking miles away from being that hypothetical person

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pcsjwgm on June 09, 2022, 03:00:05 PMPaul Mason has been working with an intelligence contractor to launch a McCarthyite attack on independent media, the UK left and other elements of an ostensibly China-linked, "pro-Putin" network, including "Muslim Community", "Trade Unions", and "Black Community". Difficult to conceive of where his degeneration goes from here.
https://thegrayzone.com/2022/06/07/paul-masons-covert-intelligence-grayzone/

In his response to this expose, Mason doesn't actually deny the authenticity of the leaked emails. He urges "colleagues in the Labour and trade union movement to remain vigilant against the information war being waged upon us", as if it isn't his own role to wage an infowar on the Labour left and trade unions.
https://paulmasonnews.medium.com/response-to-grayzone-article-82d1a1ff6ce6

Where have I seen that spider diagram before? Was it earlier in this thread?

idunnosomename

Paul Mason is a silly old cunt who lost his marbles years ago

Old Thrashbarg