Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,780
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Rare to see the word louche used these days.

Gurke and Hare

I don't understand the passing-off part of this. Surely not a single person in the audience can have thought this was an official event?

Tony Yeboah

A Cassandra's miscarriage of justice.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 10, 2022, 12:02:56 PMRare to see the word louche used these days.

'Louche' isn't even the mot juste, is it? Gauche would be much better.

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on June 10, 2022, 02:37:12 PMA Cassandra's miscarriage of justice.

Ha!

Read through the judgement and loved the brutality of turning the gushing audience reviews against them.

Ferris

I am also reading through the judgement and googling the unsavoury characters as I go.

One of the named defendants gave an interview to Mumble Theatre (no me either) about his work which included this photo with zero context:

It's not mentioned in the interview. I have no idea why it is included (but am glad that it was).

Bad Ambassador

Apparently it's in relation to a play about the Greek-Australian experience, which presumably involves ghosts hoovering the desert.

Ferris

Really good trial doc this, some absolute crackers buried in the testimony.

Quote"I am having an actual conversation with Del Boy I am not watching him on the telly, I am not separated from him. I am interacting with him, wow, that is exciting."

"I am not separated from him"

Edit: good news for HS Art threads in general though:

Quote from: some legal big-wigFor all of those reasons, I am not persuaded that the world of OFAH as expressed in the body of Scripts is a literary work in itself for the purposes of copyright law.

Fambo Number Mive

So that's it for Only fools and coach tours as well. Who is the person who dressed up as Del Boy and gave the tiny condom to the groom? He will have to fall back on his Mr Bean material.

idunnosomename

Cookandbombd, the internets premiere drew cameron appreciation forum

https://www.carehomeentertainersuk.com/drew-cameron.html

You might remember him from such hits as impression of Paul Whitehouse doing Michael Caine, and Hitler the vaccine!

kalowski

This review has a hidden meaning
Quote"Mind boggling! Must be seen (and heard) to be believed"

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 10, 2022, 06:01:29 PMCookandbombd, the internets premiere drew cameron appreciation forum

https://www.carehomeentertainersuk.com/drew-cameron.html

You might remember him from such hits as impression of Paul Whitehouse doing Michael Caine, and Hitler the vaccine!

Straight into the deso thread, cheers for that. From the "impersonators" tab:

Ferris

JamesTC

Quote'Drew is the stand-up we've been waiting for',
-Piers Morgan.

JamesTC

Hahahah fucking hell.

DO HOMOR

Ferris

On thin ice with his Moira Stewart.

JamesTC

Quote from: Ferris on June 10, 2022, 06:25:46 PMOn thin ice with his Moira Stewart.

He also lists Chris Eubank further down.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on June 10, 2022, 06:27:07 PMHighly disrespectful of her Majesty. 

Stewart Lee's act has really changed since the pandemic.

idunnosomename

how many of his acts are misspelled tickled me also

I couldn't find any of his Simpsons impressions online. curious to hear Homor. Dan's Simpsons voices are just about the hardest to do (of the male cast anyway) and I fully expect it to be him going "MMM DONUTS" in a dumb voice

Ferris

He's taking the piss saying he does Wallace and Gromit. It's like claiming you do a spot-on Harpo Marx.

kalowski

Quote from: Ferris on June 10, 2022, 06:16:35 PMStraight into the deso thread, cheers for that. From the "impersonators" tab:

Quote from: JamesTC on June 10, 2022, 06:23:13 PMHahahah fucking hell.

DO HOMOR

"Paul Ogrady"

"Vicar of Dibley bloke" - "Hmm, should I google the character's name before submitting this? Nah can't be arsed."

Gurke and Hare

I like the way that with most of them you know exactly what the "comedy impression" is going to be("During the wo-ah", "Jobbies", "Hello, I'm Jonathan Woss"), but Griff Rhys Jones?

badaids

Quote from: mippy on June 10, 2022, 11:52:29 AMCame here to post the judgement: https://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cgi?doc=%2Few%2Fcases%2FEWHC%2FIPEC%2F2022%2F1379.html&fbclid=IwAR32XKZO7204ZwpbM8HJasVZvD0f3jmPg_KVDmRfDsJobfNgzbe3KOcAqwg

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I think the most incredible thing is the amount of research and logical thinking that went into the judgement, just because a bunch of talentless chancers wrote a shite and obvious rip off of OFAH.  No wonder people are made to pay the costs.

So if Only Fools Dining Experience is guilty of ripping off and a character is subject to copyright, how does James Corden get away with his terrible David Brent impressions that are basically televised versions of this.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 10, 2022, 07:21:43 PMI like the way that with most of them you know exactly what the "comedy impression" is going to be("During the wo-ah", "Jobbies", "Hello, I'm Jonathan Woss"), but Griff Rhys Jones?

Not to mention Kevin Webster.

My dad was in a home for a while. The thought of this Herbert turning up and doing his Corporal Jones for 45 minutes after lunch makes me glad he's not with us anymore.

idunnosomename

Quote from: mippy on June 10, 2022, 11:52:29 AMCame here to post the judgement: https://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cgi?doc=%2Few%2Fcases%2FEWHC%2FIPEC%2F2022%2F1379.html&fbclid=IwAR32XKZO7204ZwpbM8HJasVZvD0f3jmPg_KVDmRfDsJobfNgzbe3KOcAqwg
just to say thanks for this as it's really interesting for defining the legal boundaries between parody/pastiche etc, will read it all at some point. sorry to interrupt it with Drew Cameronposting

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 10, 2022, 07:21:43 PMI like the way that with most of them you know exactly what the "comedy impression" is going to be("During the wo-ah", "Jobbies", "Hello, I'm Jonathan Woss"), but Griff Rhys Jones?

What's weird is the clip that's uploaded from Warble Talent Agency as "Drew Cameron Comedy Impressionist For Hire" doesn't actually feature him doing any impressions. It's just a presumably quite old video of him doing some very sweary stand-up, introduced by Arthur Smith!