Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcsjwgm

Quote from: Buelligan on June 10, 2022, 07:24:33 AMInterestingly, to me, anyway, Mason appears to be intending to stand as Labour candidate in the Stretford and Urmston constituency.  I'm sure we all remember a past member (not to be mentioned here), who could easily have knitted that diagram using only his own brain-worms.  Very vociferous on subjects like The White Helmets and ANTISEMITISM;Corbyn's Wrongs #8245–8249 & 117, a signatory of the Euston Manifesto and all round terrible cunt, now sharing his malicious drivel enthusiastically on twitter, who was a big smell in old Stretford and Urmston.  Two peas in a urinal.  Glad I'm not in Manchester.  Or the UK.

https://labourlist.org/2022/06/nec-elections-update-and-longlisting-in-stretford-and-urmston-and-derby-north/

Didn't know the Kremlin's infiltration of the Labour Party was this deep. :(

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1536103954756550656

idunnosomename

shoulders

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 13, 2022, 03:30:16 PMtime to get you back to bed paul

Yes, probably a matter of patting him on the head and generally ignoring him at arms length like a brain damaged dog now.

greencalx

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: pcsjwgm on June 13, 2022, 03:28:57 PMDidn't know the Kremlin's infiltration of the Labour Party was this deep. :(

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1536103954756550656

Paul is such a weird guy. So articulate and likeable when you see an interview with him but he's completely untrustworthy. Interested to see how his lawsuit with George Galloway plays out. Galloway is apparently suing Mason who accused him of laughing while Kim Leadbeater was being homophobically abused.

Blumf

Quote from: Quote on June 13, 2022, 11:21:37 AM

Voters are asked which words they associate with Keith. Forensic not even on there.

Will they be putting that on a (beige) tee-shirt? I'd buy one.

shoulders

How do you get such a split between untrustworthy and honest anyway?

I surmise a ridiculous amount of centrist projection. He has to be positive qualities because not jeamrorntahsCoebymeorn.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: shoulders on June 13, 2022, 08:05:28 PMHow do you get such a split between untrustworthy and honest anyway?

Be a politician in general and Keir Starmer in particular?

Or perhaps in his case; Be a politician in general and people will fill in the rest of the beige with imagined contrast to the opposition.

Old Thrashbarg

Both "prat" and "pratt" made the cut. If only everyone had gone with a single spelling it could've been front and centre.

Johnny Yesno

Interesting that 'arsehole' is on there but not 'asshole'. Someone always uses the American spelling despite not being American. What's going on?

Also, what are 'word' and 'na' doing on there?

idunnosomename

That word cloud is more interesting than anything Keir Starmer has ever said

Fambo Number Mive

I cannot believe anyone would use the words "brilliant" or "principled" about Kier Starmer. Was Starmer one of the people they asked?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 14, 2022, 11:15:06 AMI cannot believe anyone would use the words "brilliant" or "principled" about Kier Starmer. Was Starmer one of the people they asked?

well it appears to have tokenised single words so we can assume there was a preceding 'not'.

Fambo Number Mive

This was Johnson's in April:

"Person"
"Pretty"
"Times"

Some weird choices there. No swearing though.

FalknerHinton

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 14, 2022, 11:19:11 AMThis was Johnson's in April:

I didn't realise they were placing the words so as to make the shape of the subject's head.

Now I'm aware of that, this:

does bear a striking resemblance to Kieth.

Ferris

Sounds like starmer knew exactly what he's done from that grauniad article:

Quotethe Labour leader told broadcasters that the allegations were not a surprise, adding: "My office is dealing with it and will be replying in due course."

Starmer's spokesperson said he had "apologised for the fact that administrative errors in his office have led to a small number of late declarations" and would provide further information to the standards commissioner

The fact they're apologizing and blaming admin staff tells me it's too obvious to be swept under the rug and it's all very "no comment" at the moment.

They've gone for un-foresmic in terms of PR spin so the truth could well be worse. Who knows?

shoulders

Zero Gravitas

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 14, 2022, 11:52:26 AMI didn't realise they were placing the words so as to make the shape of the subject's head.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 14, 2022, 11:52:26 AMNow I'm aware of that, this:

https://i.imgur.com/Oa4SQ5F.mp4

Why the hell do they hide the volume controls in the corner!?

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 14, 2022, 11:52:26 AMI didn't realise they were placing the words so as to make the shape of the subject's head.

I asked my barman to put this in the top of a pint of Guinness and he told me to fuck off. I'm voting for whoever will make people want to work again!

Lemming

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 14, 2022, 06:20:38 PMhttps://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/14/stop-calling-me-boring-keir-starmer-tells-shadow-cabinet

Lol

QuoteSeveral of those around the table then echoed their leader's calls for unity and discretion, in a lengthy exchange described by one shadow frontbencher as "ironically very boring".

Hopefully the shadow cabinet have seen that word cloud by now, in case they're looking for inspiration for alternatives.

idunnosomename

My "I'm not boring" speech has people saying a lot of things I told them not say in my speech