Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:33:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Presumably 'dont' was half of 'don't know' but I like to imagine it was just the public abruptly replying DON'T as a warning against Starmer.

Sebastian Cobb

Starmer quoted as saying 'We had too much time to find for ourselves'.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shoulders on June 14, 2022, 08:45:53 PMPresumably 'dont' was half of 'don't know' but I like to imagine it was just the public abruptly replying DON'T as a warning against Starmer.
I basically imagine it as this

shoulders

The public's reaction to Starmer is infuriating as they're so intuitive and perceptive in some ways, easily enough to run rings around Labour's PR, yet will allow any amount of latitude to Johnson cos 'Geezah'.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: shoulders on June 14, 2022, 10:44:10 PMThe public's reaction to Starmer is infuriating as they're so intuitive and perceptive in some ways, easily enough to run rings around Labour's PR, yet will allow any amount of latitude to Johnson cos 'Geezah'.

I think they apply the "Who would I rather go for a pint with?" rule. The correct answer is, of course, neither, but that's what happens when you're told repeatedly that there are only two people you can go to the pub with at any one time.

Paul Calf

Quote from: shoulders on June 14, 2022, 09:44:47 PMPure laughter

"Keir Starmer has urged his shadow cabinet to stop briefing the press that he is boring, warning them: '.What's boring is being in opposition.'"

He sounds like a secondary-school deputy headmaster who's lost control of a morning assembly:

"BORING AM I, BOY? I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S BORING: EXPULSION, UNEMPLOYMENT, POVERTY, PRISON!"

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 15, 2022, 08:23:47 AM"Keir Starmer has urged his shadow cabinet to stop briefing the press that he is boring, warning them: '.What's boring is being in opposition.'"

He sounds like a secondary-school deputy headmaster who's lost control of a morning assembly:

"BORING AM I, BOY? I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S BORING: EXPULSION, UNEMPLOYMENT, POVERTY, PRISON!"

I said the exact same to some pals.

"You think you're cool now, but I'll tell you what I think is cool - getting 9 GCSEs and taking that nice apprenticeship at Screwfix".

shoulders

What's funniest is that his team deliberately shared that with the press on the basis it would make Starmer look tough... rather than as it has done, pathetic and witless.

Fambo Number Mive

"Don't call me boring, I'm the son of a toolmaker"

"Don't call me boring, my name's Capone!"

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 15, 2022, 08:04:58 AMI think they apply the "Who would I rather go for a pint with?" rule.

Is it bad that I'd probably rather go for a pint with an unpleasant boorish oaf than someone who manages to suck the atmosphere out the entire pub?

lipsink

Johnson looks like he'd stink of cum whereas Starmer looks like he'd have the whiff of gas. So this has to be taken into consideration too.

Fambo Number Mive

I reckon having a pint with Johnson would become dull after a few minutes. I doubt there are many original thoughts in his head. He is programmed solely for self advancement, greed and cosplaying at being a politician.

If I had to go for a pint with a party leader it would be Ian Blackford.

lipsink

Mharie Black.

Or down the allotment with Corbs.

Jockice

I'm in a teams meeting at the moment with John McDonnell. He's already spoken and he's now eating biscuits. My kind of guy.

idunnosomename

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1537029063000350726

Nobody who likes Star Wars could be a boring man!

Heres a vid. Good christ this is cringiest thing ive seen at parliament.
https://twitter.com/KeejayOV3/status/1537029798219984896

Fambo Number Mive

Starmer having a go at Corbyn at PMQs:

Quote"My personal favourite is this... they call him the Conservative Corbyn, prime minister, I don't think that was intended as a compliment," he says.

jobotic

He's such a fucking cunt.

Racist deportations, fascist attacks on lawyers, breaking international law?

Starmer and Evans think "attack the left".

Also it'd be nice if just once when Tories talk about "Union Barons" they are asked to explain what they mean. Union leaders are voted in by their members and strike action comes after a ballot. Quite the opposite of Barons. And Lordships handed out to mates and donors.

Starmer's on Johnson's side on this though isn't he?

king_tubby

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteThe PM's "gameplaying so much he thinks he's on Love Island" says Sir Keir Starmer - adding "I am reliably informed that contestants that give the public the ick get booted out."

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1537035655536066560

Hate him even more now.

Blumf

Fambo Number Mive

"The Prime Minister thinks that bringing back the death penalty and abolishing the minimum wage will save him from the perception that he is an absolute Slimer. I can tell him that when voters are asked who they are going to call, it won't be the Conservative Party"

I've never seen the film.

idunnosomename

"He's thinks he's Zoella, but actually, he's just as washed-up as the Crazy Frog!"

Ferris

Ferris

Just remembered how much I fucking loathe watching British parliament.

All the "waheyyy" and "wurrrr" and waving paper around. They couldn't say "this is all a game for us; just one big laugh!!" any clearer.

Issues? No mate we're too busy performatively belly laughing at unfunny jokes (safe in the knowledge that social ills experienced by our constituents will never impact us) like the contemptible cunts we are.

Sebastian Cobb

"He think's he's Robocop but really he's ED-209", Starmer says, splayed on the floor of the HOC as he bleeds out from a load of bullet holes.

idunnosomename

the panto bit where he asks the MPs to admit to the names they call the PM to put their hands up. Then he drops the "Conservative Corbyn" line: which of course the PM uses as the beginning of the answer to his question, noting Starmer tried to get him elected and then as kicker calls Corbyn "positively dynamic" compared to him. yowch.

this is the opposition Matt Forde was after. in fact he probably wrote all this shit

Anyway I want to squsih keir and boris together into a big ball and boot  them into the sun

Ferris

He thinks he's the one from M*A*S*H but actually he's one of the other ones!!