Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on June 15, 2022, 01:45:37 PMHe thinks he's the one from M*A*S*H but actually he's one of the other ones!!
In that scenario Starmer's definitely Frank Burns and Jenny Chapman is 'hotlips' Hoolahan.

frajer

Tremendous to see a lovely pantomime by obscenely wealthy twats while the country sinks beneath the waves, really warms the old cock and balls.

I despise Johnson but do wish he'd said "Better Jabba the Hutt than a jabberin' cunt."

idunnosomename

He thinks he's Il Dottore, but actually he's a poster on the Cook'd and Bomb'd forum who's never even heard of commedia dell'arte!

Sebastian Cobb

He thinks he's Pubes Daz but actually he's Legend Gary.

Fambo Number Mive

"He thinks he's Del Boy, but he's not even Micky Pearce"

"He thinks he's an Emperor Burger, but he's a cheeseburger"

Bernice

He thinks he's le epic bacon, but he's actually an epic fail!

Video Game Fan 2000

He thinks he's the Mandela Effect but he's not even Roy Jay

jobotic

Quote from: Ferris on June 15, 2022, 01:45:37 PMHe thinks he's the one from M*A*S*H but actually he's one of the other ones!!

"Yeah? Well the Leader of the Opposition probably thinks Corporal Klinger is a woman!!"

[Rosie Duffield laughs and claps and blows kisses to the Government benches]

shoulders

Quote from: shoulders on June 15, 2022, 02:27:38 PMThe absolute fucking cunt.

Absolutely enraging. I hope this useless fuckwit coward gets nowhere near power.

king_tubby

Quote from: shoulders on June 15, 2022, 02:27:38 PMThe absolute fucking cunt.

And gets panelled by Johnson in reply.

QuoteBoris Johnson makes obvious rejoinder: "First of all he [Starmer] repeatedly tried to get him elected as Prime Minister. Also speaking from experience Mr Corbyn is relatively dynamic by comparison with the rt. hon. Gentleman."

monkfromhavana

A Korean?

oggyraiding

He should have compared him to Palpatine over Jabba. Jabba is gross and a criminal and does slavery and stuff, but Palpatine is a legitimate fascist and also does slavery and stuff. If you were to compare the two, Palpatine comes out worse (and more appropriate to be compared to Johnson).

idunnosomename

Jabba is a crime lord i suppose? But most people will just read the reference as him being a fat cunt.

Why labour keep attacking Corbyn is astounding. Sure, he wasnt popular enough, but millions of people voted for his labour.

Boris's comeback of well obviously i didnt like him but he was better at his job than you was surprising but shows how he understands the electorate more than labour's goonery.

Oh one more.

He thinks he's Jerry the Cowboy but he's actually Andy!

... the Cowboy

shoulders

QuoteWhy labour keep attacking Corbyn is astounding

To sink any prospect of a left recovery so deep it is impossible to ever happen again.

That it is vocalised so often betrays the fact that they see it as a threat. In 2015 it was so distant they got complacent and sloppy, even patronising. That won't ever be repeated.

For Starmer to be so easily unmanned by Johnson the moment after it left his mouth shows what a fucking emperors new clothes useless prat he has ended up being. Don't bullshit a bullshitter, Johnson may as well have said.

Enzo

Has there even been a more obvious victim of a MI5 honeypot sting than Paul Mason?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Enzo on June 16, 2022, 01:32:56 AMHas there even been a more obvious victim of a MI5 honeypot sting than Paul Mason?

Nicola Sturgeon?

Old Nehamkin

It seems bizarre that Starmer's team could sign off on that Corbyn jab without realising how obviously incoherent and easily deflectable by Johnson it was. I wonder if the impulse to contemptuously punch left is just so deeply internalised for these people that it actually slips their mind sometimes that they were nominally on the same team as Corbyn for 4 years and that the public are aware of this. Not sure I've ever seen anyone try to have and eat quite so many cakes as glibly and brazenly as this bunch of weird, vindictive freaks.

shoulders

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on June 16, 2022, 12:41:00 PMIt seems bizarre that Starmer's team could sign off on that Corbyn jab without realising how obviously incoherent and easily deflectable by Johnson it was. I wonder if the impulse to contemptuously punch left is just so deeply internalised for these people that it actually slips their mind sometimes that they were nominally on the same team as Corbyn for 4 years and that the public are aware of this. Not sure I've ever seen anyone try to have and eat quite so many cakes as glibly and brazenly as this bunch of weird, vindictive freaks.

Reflexively tempted towards the infighting they said was tearing the party apart. In reality it's another step on driving the left away from Labour altogether. No need to infight then, of course. Only the melts and the Blairites left.. D'OH.

The dazzlingly fucking uninteresting Brown v Blair rivalry still going on with just the minor blip where we actually elected a Labour leader interrupting the scrap.

idunnosomename

It might have worked a bit better if they hadn't replaced Corbyn with an absolute wind-up freak of a man.

Sorry I just started thinking about him posing with a Guinness with his own face on again. Why would you do that. Why would anyone do that? I can even see Boris Johnson thinking "bloody hell this is a bit weird" and slurping it off before anyone could take a fucking picture of it

What yer doing there is you're drinking an advert, ain't ya, eh, shithead?

A really boring advert.

QuoteRachel Reeves
@RachelReevesMP

NEW: Today, Labour launches a new start-up review to help make Britain the best place to start and grow a business.

As a pro-worker, pro-business party, we will match the ambition of our entrepreneurs - and get our economy firing on all cylinders.

Venture capitalism, that notoriously 'pro-worker' endeavour.

Ferris

British leftism being so permanent and entrenched in power that it hasn't formed a government in decades.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Quote on June 16, 2022, 01:15:51 PMVenture capitalism, that notoriously 'pro-worker' endeavour.

You'd think it'd be extremely obvious that workers and business are somewhat in conflict by design.

But it is obvious, and she knows this.  Completely insincere.

Sebastian Cobb

Pro worker eh. Looks like Wes got a clip round the ear for talking out of turn.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Enzo on June 16, 2022, 01:32:56 AMHas there even been a more obvious victim of a MI5 honeypot sting than Paul Mason?

While the wording made me laugh this has sailed over my head and needs explaining to me please

king_tubby

Mason's going for Peckham & Camberwell now, according to Bastani.

Sebastian Cobb

Would it be unreasonable to say Mason's 'doing a Galloway'?